Christine Michael and Fumbles

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Can we finally put this weak talking point to rest?

AP on the other hand ...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He's clearly limiting his own explosiveness with his focus on wrapping up the ball, but I will definitely take that over fumbles. I'm not gonna denigrate him too much for the struggles today. The whole offense was bad and I don't think Lynch or Rawls would have been getting much either.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Agreed. He's only fumbled once in regular and post season play, and it wasn't even a lost fumble. There's no fumbling issue. He's not Jeremy Hill

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We just need Michael to get a few yards a carry and hang on to the ball. So far he's doing a great job.

sutz

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":h4wqsfaq said:
Can we finally put this weak talking point to rest?

AP on the other hand ...
He's done well so far this time around. The thing is, he did fumble at an unacceptably high rate in pre-season his first couple of seasons. It is part of why he didn't see the field much in regular season and at least part of the reason why he was considered expendable last September.

Again, he is doing well with this so far and I applaud him for doing so.

As for AP? Well he did drop the rock again, and at a critical juncture that allowed us to grab some offensive momentum, not to mention points. Kind of reminds me of Erik Dickerson, great runner and all, but had that tendency to drop the rock at the wrong time in games.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2sdm81hb said:
Agreed. He's only fumbled once in regular and post season play, and it wasn't even a lost fumble. There's no fumbling issue. He's not Jeremy Hill

Yup, was a made up straw man

timmat

Reaction score
CMike didn't get hardly any touches in that Rams game. But in the three games he did get consistent touches, he's been in the 70s, 80s, and 100s. I think he's earned a roster spot as a 2nd or 3rd string guy going into next year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Michael played great day and continues to be a solid play. Not worried about the running game at all.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
timmat":xhyq7sqb said:
CMike didn't get hardly any touches in that Rams game. But in the three games he did get consistent touches, he's been in the 70s, 80s, and 100s. I think he's earned a roster spot as a 2nd or 3rd string guy going into next year.

I would really make him earn it in the preseason for sure but that role seems within reach for him, and that would be great.

sutz

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":38bin76t said:
timmat":38bin76t said:

I would really make him earn it in the preseason for sure but that role seems within reach for him, and that would be great.
I'm all for inviting him to camp next year. No guarantees, no long term deal, just a shot to make the squad. With Marshawn's future up in the air a bit, we'll need the bodies.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I think Michael has done well. Much better than I had anticipated. Would have no problem seeing him on the roster next year.