So let's talk about Russell Wilson

Laloosh

Reaction score
First one to go postal has to buy everyone else a beer though...

Seriously, what was up with that "oh shit" expression stuck on Russell's face today? He looked completely lost at times. I thought that the play calling was pretty horrible at times but Russell was all kinds of bad.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Minny had all the mojo.

And i mean all. Think us hosting new Orleans in 2011 mojo.

That's what he was up against, in one of the coldest games ever. I was ready to issue a pass even in a loss.

Now if the offense looks like this next week I'm going to erupt.

Jville

Reaction score
The broadcast announced that head set problems were a factor .... at least thru the first half.
However, there were a number of Bevell/Wilson sideline conferences in the second half as well.
So headset problems were unique to the Viking game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/686270782524227584[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/686272391652098048[/tweet]

Cartire

Reaction score
Are you being serious?

Why dont you play in -3 temp and take a selfie of your face.

Cartire

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4l6vsbs7 said:
Throw away the tape. It was -4. That explains everything.

This.

Stop over analyzing everything.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been in that kind of cold? I have, in the Navy when I was going to school at Great Lakes Naval Training Center in the winter of '77-'78. It's like a whole different reality.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1fsqraus said:
First one to go postal has to buy everyone else a beer though...

Seriously, what was up with that "oh shit" expression stuck on Russell's face today? He looked completely lost at times. I thought that the play calling was pretty horrible at times but Russell was all kinds of bad.

Dude....really?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I honestly think we were out coached.

Wilson is throwing bombs into the wind. Carroll is terrified of kicking a 46 yard FG, then the Vikes come out and calmly kick a 47 yarde (wind could've been a factor). The first two pass plays of the game went from the shade into bright sunlight, and the WR had no chance at either one. There were a lot of things: we ran a lot of very obvious plays that the Vikings blew up. There wasn't a lot of misdirection. On 2nd and 2, the Vikings run blitz us and we run (yet again) right into it. I'd like to see a play action pass in that situation; an incomplete pass leaves us at 3rd and 2, and the Vikings were biting HARD on the run the entire first half.

That said, we didn't play well. Wilson had a 64 passer rating. Bridgewater had an 85. They both played in the same weather, yet the Vikings seemed to have a better game plan for it than we did.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
That was the old Russell today. I call that "Hero Ball Russell". Trying to do it all by himself. Trying to win the game by himself ... not trusting his receivers or his line ...
Yes, he delivers some magic, but he left many open plays out there. Over threw the ball. Overthinking. Wasting time coming out of huddle costing us time outs ... etc.
I'm afraid, we must learn to live with both Russells. The great Russell and the "Hero Ball"-Russell.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2p6yvgg2 said:
Has anyone here ever been in that kind of cold? I have, in the Navy when I was going to school at Great Lakes Naval Training Center in the winter of '77-'78. It's like a whole different reality.

Agreed. I spend some time in Sun Valley, ID, where it regularly touches -10. As you said, a different reality. That what I chalk the team's performance up to.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3fnmu2td said:
That was the old Russell today. I call that "Hero Ball Russell". Trying to do it all by himself. Trying to win the game by himself ... not trusting his receivers or his line ...
Yes, he delivers some magic, but he left many open plays out there. Over threw the ball. Overthinking. Wasting time coming out of huddle costing us time outs ... etc.
I'm afraid, we must learn to live with both Russells. The great Russell and the "Hero Ball"-Russell.

When we were down by three, throwing deep on 2nd down when we only needed 7 yards to get into range for a FG, this was sort of my response. He was trying to stick a dagger through their heart but that hadn't been working at all throughout the game.

One of the rare games where I came away thinking Russell did some things to hurt our chances.

Smellyman

Reaction score
joeseahawks":17303718 said:
:thirishdrinkers:

mrblitz

Reaction score
doesn't matter, cuz we have a game at carolina next week...

JPatera76

Reaction score
GeekHawk":pu81b6yk said:

Yeah when I was in the army, and In germany and Korea... And I honestly would rather roast my ass off being in iraq or Afghanistan than being as cold as I was those days during field training.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Stayed calm on that LOL snap and set up a touchdown. Might not have been his A game but I don't think anyone in those temps is throwing for 500 yards and 7 TDs.