The Win

hawks85

Reaction score
i'm reading all these post's on the game. the cold had a big part today. unless you have played in sub zero temps then you don't know what it feels like. here in seattle doesn't get like that, but in New York where I played the winters are brutal. both teams had bad stats today. what did you expect a shoot out in sub zero temps lmao yeah right. as soon as I saw the temp I already knew low scoring. have you ever caught a 30 yard zip pass in sub zero temps if you aren't wearing gloves chances are low for catching it. it stings. the ball is slippery the ground is hard as concreate etc... its easy to judge from home on the couch. just be happy we won.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Exactly right! Have played in near zero weather. Brutal, cannot feel your hands with or without gloves, unable to tackle catch etc..... Get the win and move on

Omahawk

Reaction score
Maker my words. Hass is mann. But that catch by Baldwin doe...

blkhwk

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1199y2j6 said:
That field is heated though, so the ground hardness wasn't a factor.

I'm guessing the field heaters are not able to keep up with that extreme cold. I am sure it helped, but I would guess the field was still hard!

Laloosh

Reaction score
blkhwk":24x6cxvc said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":24x6cxvc said:

I'm guessing the field heaters are not able to keep up with that extreme cold. I am sure it helped, but I would guess the field was still hard!

They made a point to show the heating system and described how even in that weather (unless I heard it incorrectly), it keeps the field itself at about 40 degrees. Thermometer on the bench showed a temp of about 41-42 degrees as well. I'm sure the air was cold on the field and it was brutal and all that but the sidelines looked pretty comfortable.

Pete made a point to say that technology has changed things in that regard and that they were in pretty good shape.

capncrunch

Reaction score
In his interview on the field after the game, Kam said the hardness of the turf was the biggest problem caused by the weather.

Laloosh

Reaction score
capncrunch":2zku04qf said:
In his interview on the field after the game, Kam said the hardness of the turf was the biggest problem caused by the weather.

Didn't see that. Was that the local post-game stuff or national?

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Observations:

Both team's players performed at half speed for a good part of the game then warmed up and played at 3/4s speed. It was obviously going to be a low scoring game and it was just that today.

I like Russell throwing the bombs and too bad he did not connect. It seems the ball was travelling slower through the air due to the cold weather. Running the ball today was the key to winning as was not turning it over.

Let us hope Bennett is not hurt and can play well in Carolina next week.

The Seahawks did not give up a TD to the Vikings. A stellar performance by the our All world Defense. Good luck to Cam Newton putting up a lot of yards and points on the board next Week. In the last few games the Seattle defense has given up less than 14 points per game! :p

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":22vlwt8i said:
Kam said the EXACT opposite. He said it was the biggest factor in the game. Interesting yes?

FYI, it wasn't heated.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Hawks85, where did you play in New York? I'm guessing upstate somer because New York city winters aren't brutal