What Bevell do we see vs Panthers?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The Bevell we saw this week was the guy who played a key role in the team being 2-4. He insisted on vanilla rushing schemes right into the teeth of a well anchored defense. There were no over the middle passes within 10 yards of the LOS. There were no quick-hitters off of slants. The game plan consisted of long developing pass plays, Russell Wilson magic (or attempts) and keeping it close enough to lose in the fourth quarter. Tight end? Never heard of the position.

The unrestrained go for the jugular playbook included all the opposite from above with the added benefit of blowing teams out instead of tearing the heart of out of fans' chests by allowing the other team to creep back in. I hope to and pray to the football gods that Pete recognizes that he has to let this team loose. I hope and pray to the football Gods that Bevell receives that message and translates into what had these team going on a terror through the second half of the season.

The unknown quantity - Marshawn Lynch. The Minnesota gam eplan looked like it was built around handing the ball of to Beast and bludgeoning them into submission. My two cents is that the second half of the season Seahawks offense is more effective than the Beast-focused offense even when it is working. Like Cable said, let Beast integrate into the rhythm the team is playing and not the other way around (Bevell can't help but change everything to get a player his touches-see Harvin, Graham and what the tried with Lynch today [my theory])

Ultimately we'll see what they cook up. If it is what we saw this week (with or without beast) I give us a 30-40% chance of winning. If Pete/Bevell take the restrictor plates off, I see that jumping up to 75+%.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
When the offense is performing it's the players.

When the offense struggles it's on Bevell.

Same old Seahawks.net.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The good Bevell. Hopefully the good Russell and the good O line shows up too. And the good defense. The good Marshawn would be nice too. I think they will.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1d7dgvc8 said:

Same old Seahawks.net.

And, don't forget, Bevell is NEVER responsible for a bad play call, i.e. that stupid bubble screen.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawknation2015":36vycbet said:
theENGLISHseahawk":36vycbet said:

Same old Seahawks.net.

And, don't forget, Bevell is NEVER responsible for a bad play call, i.e. that stupid bubble screen.

Bubble screens work. They get yards sometimes and they at least keep the defense honest.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ewswzmmc said:
hawknation2015":ewswzmmc said:
theENGLISHseahawk":ewswzmmc said:

Same old Seahawks.net.

Bubble screens work. They get yards sometimes and they at least keep the defense honest.

Like everything, it depends on the timing and who it's drawn up for. There were some piss poor play calls in this game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete Carroll Post-Game:

"You can look at this game and try to evaluate a lot of stuff and say 'you didn't do this; you didn't do that...', but this was really a survival game for both teams...

...I don't think this (game) was a measure of anything, as far as your football (strategy)."

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Throwing the first pass to Kearse when he was going to be staring into the sun after transitioning from the shade...idiotic.

Oftentimes it's the small things that make the difference (regrettably this is one of the reasons Bellicheat is so good)

kearly

Reaction score
I think the offense returns to normal next week. It took Wilson about three quarters to adjust to the cold, but after that the offense looked okay.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
kearly":1ymcavek said:
I think the offense returns to normal next week. It took Wilson about three quarters to adjust to the cold, but after that the offense looked okay.

What is normal now that beast is (hypothetically) back?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ku7jtvs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ku7jtvs said:

Same old Seahawks.net.

I never made that point. But the idea that bad play calls don't happen in every game to every play caller is nonsense.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2z3x71vb said:
Throwing the first pass to Kearse when he was going to be staring into the sun after transitioning from the shade...idiotic.

Oftentimes it's the small things that make the difference (regrettably this is one of the reasons Bellicheat is so good)

So what... the call was Spider 2 Y Banana mass protect into the sun?

DB to Wilson: "Let's throw this into the sun... that'll catch them off guard!"

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10llyfcq said:
falcongoggles":10llyfcq said:

So what... the call was Spider 2 Y Banana mass protect into the sun?

DB to Wilson: "Let's throw this into the sun... that'll catch them off guard!"

Say what?

Geologic

Reaction score
If Wilson hit Tyler Lockett for any of those deep passes he threw, no one would be complaining about Bevell. Russell underthrew his deep balls (cold weather maybe affecting him) when Tyler Lockett had the coverage beat. Those would have been touchdowns.

The only thing I hate is the bubble screens to Doug Baldwin. They more then likely do not work out.

Zorn76

Reaction score
It was brutally cold, but he allowed it to control his play calling too much, IMO.

Not nearly aggressive enough in the first half, and his calls on the final two drives were garbage.

Love to see him go, even if we win another SB.

Meanwhile, we'll see if his imagination thaws out in time for Carolina.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Zorn76":2ccthmph said:
It was brutally cold, but he allowed it to control his play calling too much, IMO.

Not nearly aggressive enough in the first half, and his calls on the final two drives were garbage.

Love to see him go, even if we win another SB.

Meanwhile, we'll see if his imagination thaws out in time for Carolina.

And replace him with who exactly?

#2 DVOA in offense in 2015. Top ten ever since 2012. And people think this flawless unemployed offensive coordinator is out there waiting to call perfect games for the Seahawks.

The madness of it all.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of bevell's game plan but I also cut him some slack because of the weather. Players have bad games. Coaches can have bad games too. Im guessing bevell would say he should of done some things differently. It'd hard to predict how players will react to the weather.

Regardless Bevell, Wilson and the whole offense will play much better next week.