Officials Spotting of the Ball Yesterday

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Anyone else yelling at the TV on 3 or 4 occasions when the officials clearly spotted the ball a yard short (or more) for us? Glad we won, but there were a few where I thought they were blatantly bad spots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We got some good spots too, like Kearse's first down spot that was challenged.

Other than Kam's PI, which I thought was an identical type of receiver running into the DB that Earl didn't get called for against Arizona.................I thought the officials were good.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Early on I noticed this as well. Not so much later in the game.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I thought the officials were giving some generous spots especially to players running out of bounds. I think they wanted to get this game over with as quickly as possible also.

OP
OP
marymoorhawk

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":392rquom said:

Other than Kam's PI, which I thought was an identical type of receiver running into the DB that Earl didn't get called for against Arizona.................I thought the officials were good.

Disagree on the Kearse spot. The angle they had showed the nose of the ball clearly past the marker, so at that point just go with the spot on the field vs. moving the ball back 3 inches to get it exactly right. It was a first down either way.

The officials weren't "bad". They didn't call much (probably to keep the game moving so they could get off the field). I just thought in general, the ball spots were terrible.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":2c7ibcoz said:
Sgt. Largent":2c7ibcoz said:

Disagree on the Kearse spot. The angle they had showed the nose of the ball clearly past the marker, so at that point just go with the spot on the field vs. moving the ball back 3 inches to get it exactly right. It was a first down either way.

The officials weren't "bad". They didn't call much (probably to keep the game moving so they could get off the field). I just thought in general, the ball spots were terrible.

Terribly pro-Viking spots early in the game....which is why I almost blew my gasket when they challenged the Kearse spot.

But yeah, overall the refs were pretty good.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Just put yourself in the Refs shoes. It was -6 degrees when the game started. They were uncomfortable perhaps even more than the players. If Russell's brain wasn't working at full speed.....perhaps theirs wasn't either.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1m5gf61a said:
marymoorhawk":1m5gf61a said:
Sgt. Largent":1m5gf61a said:

Terribly pro-Viking spots early in the game....which is why I almost blew my gasket when they challenged the Kearse spot.

But yeah, overall the refs were pretty good.

I saw the same. And concur the conclusion.