As much as I love Kam..........

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm worried about him in coverage.

Dude made one of the plays of the game, but he just doesn't have that burst getting to his coverage spots in our zone. He's been a coverage liability all year with being late covering the TE................and I can guarantee you Carolina is licking their chops to scheme Olson all over Kam's ass Sunday.

Not sure what's going on, but I'm scared to death about this matchup.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
What happened to KJ covering the TE? Is it a weak side, strong side thing? Can Irvin do it? Someone please educate me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah TEs have beat us all year. I expect Olson to have a big day Sunday.

And this is the game where I am really sad we don't have Graham. He killed the Panthers when we played them. That was his best game as a Seahawk.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":32hxi17l said:
What happened to KJ covering the TE? Is it a weak side, strong side thing? Can Irvin do it? Someone please educate me.

KJ covers as well, but the seam routes in our cover 3 zone is Kam's responsibility most of the time.

I just don't get how he could be so good last year, and lost his burst this year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete has mentioned at least one early-season TE touchdown as being on Earl and one as being on Cary Williams. I don't see Kam as the problem. It's just a classic cover-3 beater whose best defense is a good pass rush.

oasis

Reaction score
The only scenario I imagine us losing is by Olsen. Not that I give PFF too much weight, but they gave Kam a -3.7 grade.
[urltargetblank]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/11/pro-sea-min-grades-bennett-thomas-fuel-seahawks-win/[/urltargetblank]
I wonder if Kam is aware of this difficulty?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This was his first game back after an injury. Maybe another week of healing and the first game out of the way to knock rust off he will be back in better shape.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1r8l12vs said:
Pete has mentioned at least one early-season TE touchdown as being on Earl and one as being on Cary Williams. I don't see Kam as the problem. It's just a classic cover-3 beater whose best defense is a good pass rush.

Well the last two TE plays yesterday were certainly Kam's fault.

idk man, I'm still nervous. Kam just doesn't seem to be at 100%, especially in coverage.

Largent80

Reaction score
Nothing to be nervous about. The pressure is squarely on Carolina. We have beaten them twice in the playoffs already, and the defense played a helluva game yesterday as in zero TD's.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I remember a time... when TE's would run away from Kam. Not this year though.

Imo I like Kam, but I don't feel he's 100% better form his injury. And in the time he was out, Kelcie McCray did a damn good job filling his role. And if he's not 100% he needs to be honest to himself and team and realize that it may or may not be hurting them, when he's getting burned like that.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36dto6s0 said:
CHawkTailGator":36dto6s0 said:

KJ covers as well, but the seam routes in our cover 3 zone is Kam's responsibility most of the time.

I just don't get how he could be so good last year, and lost his burst this year.
Cause he broke his ass? :laugh:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":2vz5xuld said:

Imo I like Kam, but I don't feel he's 100% better form his injury. And in the time he was out, Kelcie McCray did a damn good job filling his role. And if he's not 100% he needs to be honest to himself and team and realize that it may or may not be hurting them, when he's getting burned like that.

McCray might be better in coverage, but I think the entire defense would revolt on Pete if he benched Kam.

He's the tone setter and defensive team leader, he's gonna ride Kam for good or bad...........hopefully good.

I just hope we have an answer for Olson, he really the only dangerous receiver Carolina has.

Largent80

Reaction score
Olson runs straight down the field, and I'm sure Kam will get reminded of the last game all week long.

hawk45

Reaction score
He's looked poor in coverage, hasn't tackled all that well, and hasn't been doling out the signature statement hits once a game either.

Definitely worried about Carolina exploiting him.

DJrmb

Reaction score
JPatera76":3mu92ab7 said:

^^^ To me this nails it.

Kam was never a super fast guy. Yes he was fast for his size but he's not ET fast. It seems that this year Kam has forgotten his role at times. That role is the hammer. Maybe it's because he see's guys like ET and Sherman getting so much more money because they get the INT and pass defense numbers? Or maybe it's because he's been so beat up playing the style he was so good at before? Whatever the reason it just seams that Kam more often at times this year is going for the "finesse" play or going for an INT instead of bringing the hammer.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Pete will scheme it, somehow.

Remember when Steve Smith came into Seattle in 2005 and we shut him down, used two guys most of the time.

Are we really thinking that we can't handle Ted Frickin Ginn and Devin Funchess 1v1?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3nystqdl said:
Are we really thinking that we can't handle Ted Frickin Ginn and Devin Funchess 1v1?

I don't think this, I said Kam...............as in the guy responsible for following Olson across the middle and down the seam. Not outside coverage.

I'm worried that's all. Dude hasn't been right in coverage all year, and I'm scared to death he's gonna be exposed Sunday. Pete better be scheming his ass off to neutralize Olson.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Before this thread turns into a idiocracy disease, Cover 3 is usually responsible for the TE since that's what we usually run. They're trying to beat the zone. Not an individual player. Literally any player in the back seven can end up being responsible if the TE enters their zone.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":3fbzynoy said:
Nothing to be nervous about. The pressure is squarely on Carolina. We have beaten them twice in the playoffs already, and the defense played a helluva game yesterday as in zero TD's.

The Panthers offense is night and day from the Vikings though. I mean.. night and day.

Olsen is definitely a concern on Sunday, dude is a stud. Kam has looked a bit "off" all season too.. but if you recall Kam also had the best game of his career against this same Panthers team a year ago.. so hopefully that's the #31 we see out there on Sunday

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1bhf48m1 said:
Before this thread turns into a idiocracy disease, Cover 3 is usually responsible for the TE since that's what we usually run. They're trying to beat the zone. Not an individual player. Literally any player in the back seven can end up being responsible if the TE enters their zone.

I understand how it works.........but you can't tell me Kam has instilled the same faith in you as he has in the past, especially in coverage.