What other QBs in the league are capable...

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
...of making that play where the snap went over Wilson's shoulder, he scrambles back, slides down, recovers and picks up the ball in one motion, has the presence of mind to evade the rush and look up for an open receiver...then completes the pass.

Neither Big Ben nor Tom Brady are doing that for sure.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":19qyugte said:
...of making that play where the snap went over Wilson's shoulder, he scrambles back, slides down, recovers and picks up the ball in one motion, has the presence of mind to evade the rush and look up for an open receiver...then completes the pass.

That was a Baseball recovery move.
Throwing to the first baseman to get the out.
In most cases, I think the Quarterbacks would dive on the ball to keep possession from slipping away.
Think Superb Owl 48 and Manning's reaction to his first snap...There's your likely answer to what MOST other Quarterbacks without the hustle would do.

grizbob

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3k3zav46 said:

He has the height advantage :mrgreen:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I can think of any, being a baseball player my entire life, that is what I thought when I saw it too... that was the 2nd basemen coming out.. also what I played.... for people that know.. that was a pretty remarkable play.

NINEster

Reaction score
How many QBs in the league are capable of 90+ yard TD runs?

So far, Terrelle Pryor and Colin Kaepernick. Russell Wilson isn't fast enough to score a 90 yard TD run, no matter how well blocked it is.

Does that make those QBs better than Wilson on that alone?

The Wilson skillset in a vacuum is nice, but at the cost of the game being shut out for 3 quarters, not worth it.

But I guess the ability to save a terrible snap, and extend the play on 4th and 26 is more usable than a very long QB run, so you guys win. :th2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
NINEster":2y18fq0f said:

So far, Terrelle Pryor and Colin Kaepernick. Russell Wilson isn't fast enough to score a 90 yard TD run, no matter how well blocked it is.

The Wilson skillset in a vacuum is nice, but at the cost of the game being shut out for 3 quarters, not worth it.

But I guess the ability to save a terrible snap, and extend the play on 4th and 26 is more usable than a very long QB run, so you guys win. :th2thumbs:

This post is silly and not even worth this reply.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NINEster":3d3nfach said:

Glad I dodged that wet blanket you tried throwing on us.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not many. Most QB's are not fast enough to go down to the ground, pick up the ball, get back on your feet, avoid the defenders and then make the throw. 90% of QB's probably just fall on the ball.

Only ones I can think of are probably the quick feeted QB's (Cam, Mariotta, Kaep?).

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
NINEster":190bz5h6 said:

Ummm those quarterback can ONLY run. Russell has complete skill set for a quarterback PLUS the ability to make plays like this. Only the uninformed (AKA niners fans) would take the performance of a quarterback for 3/4 of 1 game in sub zero temps and decide how good he is. Your opinion is no longer valid after a post like that.

Anthony!

Reaction score
NINEster":2ee35rqx said:

Stupid post of the day, congrats

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kaepernick was a baseball player, so I'll go there.

I'd also say Tyrod Tayler, Cam Newtwon, and maybe Rodgers.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Putting that those garbage qb's in the same breath as Russell is just foolish and that's probably the nicest way I can put that.

Russell is GOAT. He's going down as one of the greatest to ever play this game. He will be among the Montana's and Brady's. That play he made... no other QB can ever make that play. NONE! I've never seen it in my life, that's for sure.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
NINEster":25h6tovj said:

So far, Terrelle Pryor and Colin Kaepernick. Russell Wilson is...
next!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":124xskwr said:

Prior and Kaepernick?, yeah?.......With all their game winning speeds....where are they now :stirthepot:
Both are Multi-$Million dollar Physical specimens, with $2.00 heads.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm totally confident that there is no other QB in the NFL that is capable of making that play.

It's not just about the physical tools. It's also about the mental wherewithal needed to keep your composure amidst chaos. I don't think there's a QB out there with the combination of both needed to make a play like that.

Latest posts