O-Line issues back?

soxhawk

Reaction score
Didn't see it mentioned, but the OLine looked baaaad again yesterday, and I don't mean "bad" in a good way. That's twice in 3 weeks where they look to have regressed, and one of those weeks was arguably vs. an AZ team that wasn't trying its hardest.

We could not get a first down to ice the game twice yesterday and, in my opinon, they were partly to blame. Also, MN got some serious pressure on Wilson all day. How can we beat Carolina or Arizona with that kind of mess?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I thought they played ok. Joseph is a beast, he's tough to handle. I'm fairly confident in the group going forward.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We can beat the cats and the cards and anyone for that matter .with this never die never give up attitude .I think the cold dam near froze us . I feel a great game coming for the Oline . RW has to get the ball out fast and we will be in good shape.

RussB

Reaction score
I think they played ok. Can do better but i think the weather affected everyone.

P.S Where is glowinski he was balling

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
There were some issues with lineman getting beat out of their stance. Namely Sweezy vs Floyd. The pass blocking looked pretty decent to me against several exotic blitzes.

Most of what I saw was some key missed assignments on particularly important drives. This left us in a lot of 3rd and longs that we had trouble converting the whole game.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RussB":1d2oryb3 said:
I think they played ok. Can do better but i think the weather affected everyone.

P.S Where is glowinski he was balling

Inactive, and Sweezy was back,

They like their backups to be versed in two positions. Right now Glow only plays guard. Different matter when he was starting.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Having sat in that weather, I can honestly say, don't use this game as a gauge for anything other than, how we play in extreme cold.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I don't think the oline was ever fixed. I just think Russell was throwing quick passes. Something that was missing yesterday.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I don't think it coincidence that 2 of the last 3 weeks 2 of the best NTs in the NFL went up against our below average Center. Donald (Rams) and Joseph (Vikes) looked to me like they were very disruptive often. I believe a good C is a big offseason priority.Calais Campbell of the Cards is good too but their LBs aren't (as ringless has mentioned here several times) and because of that it would seem RW was able to get quick passes out.

I also agree with what Tech said above too, the short, quick passes were missing. Several people have mentioned that the Vikes took it away and let the weather take away the long pass which makes sense considering how the game went.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think there is only one thing that should be taken from the Vikings game and that is the fact that we won. The cold had such an effect on how players performed that not much should be read into it.

seehawkswin

Reaction score
I'm not an o line expert at all, so feel free to educate me ... but it sure seems like our line improves when Okung is off the field. Am I imagining this?

sutz

Reaction score
I wouldn't grade them an F. Maybe a C or so, at least. We did outrush the Vikes and it seemed to me a lot of the pressure was coverage based. Yes we weren't throwing much in the way of quick passes, so that didn't help, but I still think the O-line was not that bad.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This last game doesn't tell me anything.

Seattle missed on several downfield attempts that I felt was due almost entirely to the conditions. If we hit on half of those, we're in the 270 passing range.

Also, we were forced to forego 2 45+ yard FG attempts due to the conditions. And failed to convert both 4th downs. If we hit those which is a good bet, we've won the game pretty handily.

OL did fine. Just not good conditions for a QB that likes to deliver high and hard on routes, and soft teardrops on 9s.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Okung looked bad but sweezy had one of his best games. So... I'd give them a c+