Kenny Easley - Hall of Fame senior committee?

crosfam

Reaction score
I think it has been 25 years since he retired - if not, then soon. Now eligible for the HOF senior nomination. Any chance he gets some play towards HOF consideration? It was short, but devastating career.

Torc

Reaction score
crosfam":ealuj4vk said:
I think it has been 25 years since he retired - if not, then soon. Now eligible for the HOF senior nomination. Any chance he gets some play towards HOF consideration? It was short, but devastating career.

Every time Terrell Davis comes up as a HOF candidate I think of Kenny. At this point it seems like brief (but productive) careers are an impediment for HOF consideration. As long as that continues to apply across the board I don't have too much issue with it.

If brevity of career is ever ignored, it'll be for Terrell, and not for Kenny. The Super Bowl rings will ensure that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Torc":28i55f3w said:
crosfam":28i55f3w said:

Every time Terrell Davis comes up as a HOF candidate I think of Kenny. At this point it seems like brief (but productive) careers are an impediment for HOF consideration. As long as that continues to apply across the board I don't have too much issue with it.

If brevity of career is ever ignored, it'll be for Terrell, and not for Kenny. The Super Bowl rings will ensure that.
He was my hero growing up. In my eyes Easley will always be a HOF'er, he dominated his position.
If he was a stealer or cowboy he'd already be in.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If he'd been a WR or RB he might be in. Gayle Sayers had an abbreviated career but it didn't matter because he was a running back and everyone saw his brilliance. We have to hope the voters will eventually realize Kenny was just as dominant on the other side of the ball.