My concern with Lynch's return

oasis

Reaction score
I'm just concerned we are going to project what we are doing with him to the other team. Lynch's return + Bevell predictability means the following equation:

Lynch in the backfield = 95% chance of a run

With Rawls we were unpredictable as hell, I'm not sure that will happen with Beast.

A

Anonymous

I see what you mean, but then I don't.

We pass from a Lynch-in-the-backfield set all the time, and do it really well.

Perhaps someone else has some better insight from a statistical POV, but I'd be thinking of Lynch being back there as a decided advantage.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Russell Wilson > cam Newton

Marshawn lynch > stewart

Lockett/ adb >. Ginn/ funchess

Sherman > Norman

Kam > olsen

Hauschka > any kicker left in playoffs

Bobby Wagner > keuchly

Wright >. Davis

Be still my son, and partake in the feast tomorrow with your brethren.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
oasis":booiskgn said:
I'm just concerned we are going to project what we are doing with him to the other team. Lynch's return + Bevell predictability means the following equation:

With Rawls we were unpredictable as hell, I'm not sure that will happen with Beast.
I actually expect C-Mike to get a lot of play. If anything, the overuse of Lynch could be as a decoy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
My concern is more in game planning. Our offense bennifitted from the staff being forced to involve Baldwin more in the offense. Moving him into the first or second read of plays paid off behind a line that rarely protects long enough for the QB to progress through the entire look. Bevel went against our tendencies and used Baldwin on slants from the slot and it help open the whole field. I don't want to see us go back to predictable low risk offense.

Gametime

Reaction score
Optimus25":7gt1ff11 said:
Russell Wilson > cam Newton

Marshawn lynch > stewart

Lockett/ adb >. Ginn/ funchess

Sherman > Norman

Kam > olsen

Hauschka > any kicker left in playoffs

Bobby Wagner > keuchly

Wright >. Davis

Be still my son, and partake in the feast tomorrow with your brethren.

Agree on most but.

Kam vs Olsen: Not so sure you can compare and Olsen is 1-0 in this match up for sure. Kam has struggled with TE coveraged.

Wagner = Keuchly - This is a push. Wagner is great but so is Keuchly. Homerism to call this a Wagner win.
Wright = Davis - Same here. Davis is solid but KJ has had a great year too so this is a maybe.

BUT..... We are definitely the better team. 100% confidence is okay in my book. I think we win.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
brimsalabim":13mhm4i6 said:
My concern is more in game planning. Our offense bennifitted from the staff being forced to involve Baldwin more in the offense. Moving him into the first or second read of plays paid off behind a line that rarely protects long enough for the QB to progress through the entire look. Bevel went against our tendencies and used Baldwin on slants from the slot and it help open the whole field. I don't want to see us go back to predictable low risk offense.

we lost every game in the 4th quarter this year because we took our foot off of their necks and payed predictable low risk conservative offense. DO NO PLAYED SCARED...EVER. Play go score, not to hold a 3 pont lead. Put the game away.

Seafan

Reaction score
Bruce did a decent job of covering Olsen. We'll likely see several players get the chance. We need a great defensive game plan and superb execution from the LOB.

sutz

Reaction score
There are those who always seem to find the dark cloud behind every silver lining. ;)

Gametime

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3e02p7nq said:
brimsalabim":3e02p7nq said:

we lost every game in the 4th quarter this year because we took our foot off of their necks and payed predictable low risk conservative offense. DO NO PLAYED SCARED...EVER. Play go score, not to hold a 3 pont lead. Put the game away.

Part of that was having to compensate schematically to prevent Cary Williams from giving up a big play deep. He changed the whole plan at times because they had to shift into Cover 2 which they hardly ever do. Not sure without looking if that's what happened but for sure, his absence will be addition by subtraction.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Some people are just nervous and find other ways to calm their nerves.
sutz":3e7iimjd said:
There are those who always seem to find the dark cloud behind every silver lining. ;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":j6824emd said:
oasis":j6824emd said:

I actually expect C-Mike to get a lot of play. If anything, the overuse of Lynch could be as a decoy.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a Seahawks game without some weird decision the fans didn't understand. If we win, nobody cares. If we lose, that's what everyone blames.

But...Lynch is required for the read option.

RussB

Reaction score
Not really worried about that. I dont think they will force the ball to lynch to much this game. I think panthers will stack the box to contain lynch but Wilson will make them pay with quick passes. And beast mode should also bust a couple nice runs. I dont think they can stop us either way.

evergreen

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner missed that early game with Carolina, which coincidentally is the only time they've beaten us....

Mick063

Reaction score
How do I know that Lynch must conform to Bevel's game plan as opposed to Bevel conforming to Lynch's return?

I don't.............. except for the hint from Pete Carroll that Christine Michael might see considerable action.

Foghawk

Reaction score
This game will be won or lost with the passing game. We have not had very good production running the ball the past few years against the Panthers and I'm not expecting that to change tomorrow. Obviously you have to keep the Panthers D honest with the run / RO, but there is no way the coaching staff could be going into this game thinking they are just going to run the ball down their throats. Everyone is happy he is back, but I don't think the return of Lynch changes their game plan one bit. Just my opinion on the matter.

If I were to predict our rushing yards in this game I would go with 50 - 60 yds from the RB position and around 20 yds from RW.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm seeing Lynch more as a decoy in this game, with C Mike getting 65+% of the snaps. I would be surprised to see Lynch get more than 10 snaps in this game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Aros":1dvlk2w2 said:
I'm seeing Lynch more as a decoy in this game, with C Mike getting 65+% of the snaps. I would be surprised to see Lynch get more than 10 snaps in this game.
Unless he is injured he will be on the field for much more than 10 snaps.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I dunno Dom, I think a sports hernia is no joke, especially to a running back with the explosive style of Lynch. If he didn't feel good enough to even make the trip last weekend, what makes you think he will be good enough to explosively perform for more than 10 snaps tomorrow?

Not trying to be a doubter or downer, just honest curiosity.