Main reason you love this team?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I am forty, nearly the same age as this team. I have watched seattle teams get to the brink of greatness my whole life to come up short in the end. The sad thing is, I didn't expect them to win. Remember the 2001 Mariners? Best season record since 1906...190 effin 6! Came up short. How about the sonics 93-94 sonics? Again best record in the Nba, lost first round (I was too young when they won in '79).

The holmgren era hawks for the most part were good years. Some say we lost from to the refs not the steelers in 2005, but we let it be close enough for that to happen. I just never fully bought in to the conservative approach. They looked like every other decent team in the NFL, nothing stood out as special.

After 2005, I was getting really tired of seattle teams getting all the way there and crapping the bed. Even before I watched these games I was tentative about them winning. They would get that beaten puppy look, I wanted the Rocky look and determination to win, not the dejected pouty face that had become so common.

This seahawks team has a fire that I absolutely love. They expect to win every game, and they leave it all out there when it matters. They grind, they get creative, they pull off the impossible. I have the utmost confidence whenever they take the field that they are going to be victorious. They find a way to win when it matters regardless of injuries, ref calls, weather etc.

If this team loses tomorrow, next week, or in the bowl, I will still be 100% behind them because I know they left it all on the field. But.....

Unlike the other teams, I absolutely expect them to win because they are the best TEAM in the nfl. They play for each other to win it all, nothing less.

The last few years have been my favorite time to be a sports fan in the northwest.

I do miss me some sonics though.

GO HAWKS!
150513-bennett.jpg

evergreen

Reaction score
We've had a lifetime of highlights from this team since Carroll took over. And since Wilson came we've been the best team, or a play or two away from it. The eye test doesn't lie. #1 DVOA four years in a row. #1 team scoring defense four years in a row. I love them because they are always in the game. Up 27-7 in the 4th? Here we come. Up by 12 with 2:11? Look out! Up 12-7 with one play left? you're in trouble... Has there ever been a harder out than these Seahawks? We have multiple Ultra Winners on our team.

grizbob

Reaction score
They're the Seattle Seahawks, that's all the justification I need 8)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
For me it's the innovation involved with how we've been doing things under PC and JS. When they first came on board, I had begun reading about biases, heuristics, rationality, holism, etc. Many of the examples used to demonstrate some of our especially unhelpful tendencies were examples involving various businesses. As I learned more about why and how a business may become complacent, acidic to work for, and unsuccessful, I realized there were parallels between the software and manufacturing companies I had been reading about and the way the Seahawks seemed to be run under Tim Ruskell.

As I learned more about how companies used new understandings, particularly those provided by psychological studies and the business practices of other cultures, I learned how people might help greatly enhance both the well-being and productivity of their employees. I similarly became aware that our new Seahawk regime was also aware of how to be of greater assistance to people, get more out of people, and allow people to get more out of themselves. This was especially interesting because the NFL has largely been dominated by minds who value outcome more than process very much along the lines of continuing what Lombardi naively stated with his famous line of "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing."

With the Seahawks, I've come to understand I've been watching an organization molded in a belief that winning isn't only an outcome of a game but an attitude toward being more optimal in the here and now and continuously improving the process one goes by on a given day. The current Seahawks are very much an amalgamation of various cultural movements all based on education and getting more out of others and ourselves for the sake of enjoying what time we have here. When other teams take the field, it may be more about winning a game for the sake of being the winner and enjoying immediate rewards like those provided by endorsements, contract extensions, and the fame of all the media exposure. Sure, when the Seahawks take the field there are similar motivations at work, but there is also a more optimal and holistic set of philosophies behind what motivates and drives our way of approaching football.

The current Seahawks are a testament to techniques anyone and everyone can benefit from and I love them for utilizing them in a society that often openly defies many aspects of human connection and our overall potential as a people. They're idealistic but not dream-stricken to the point of being unable to get things done. Today, this attitude acts as a kind of guiding light in much of the murky pragmatism of our current culture.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Three words - They Unite people

If you ever have gone to a game, or a 12s rally or stood with tens of thousands on South 188th Street to cheer there busses on as they head off to the Super Bowl, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And back in their earlier Chuck Knox days, they united my dad and I like nothing else could. Many a Sunday afternoon we would be locked on to the TV watching Largent do his magic. I cherished those days when I was the closest to him.

And today they unite the family I have, my wife and son. The highlight this year happened Jan 12th when we had some special unexpected visitors. Oh if my dad can only see this..........

Blits

THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHY I LOVE THIS TEAM.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
509hawk":x5pmzsyr said:
BirdsCommaAngry":x5pmzsyr said:
509hawk":x5pmzsyr said:
They are my team.

Why?

Raised in WA, lived in Seattle last 10 years. Who else am I supposed to root for? :th2thumbs:

If geographic proximity is the reason, then there are still the Storm, Mariners, Sounders, Thunderbirds, Huskies, your high school team, etc. They could all be your team instead of the Seahawks. This would seem to suggest there is something specific about the Seahawks that makes them your team and it has yet to be said.

509hawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":34thpc21 said:
509hawk":34thpc21 said:
BirdsCommaAngry":34thpc21 said:
509hawk":34thpc21 said:
They are my team.

Why?

Raised in WA, lived in Seattle last 10 years. Who else am I supposed to root for? :th2thumbs:

If geographic proximity is the reason, then there are still the Storm, Mariners, Sounders, Thunderbirds, Huskies, your high school team, etc. They could all be your team instead of the Seahawks. This would seem to suggest there is something specific about the Seahawks that makes them your team and it has yet to be said.

I am a big Mariners fan and a casual UW fan. I love the NFL and the Seahawks. There are lots of things to love about this team and what they do for the community but realistically the main reason I am a Seahawks fan is proximity.

If I was raised in Phoenix I am sure I would be a Cards fan. :tardssmall: That's usually how it works.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Pete Carroll.

I am becoming very jaded when it comes to most professional sports and hate the negativity that most of it conveys. I love the positivity Pete Carroll cultivates in every aspect of this team, and I will adore this man whether we win or lose forever more.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I love this team because it's all I know how to do. Respect to those of you who can identify a logical reason for it but I can't because I don't have one. I think I was about 8 when it happened. I don't think I fell in love with the team, I think the love was always there and it was just a matter of time before I was able to recognize it.

Harley CVO

Reaction score
The owner.
Lucky we have a good one. Again.

Nordstrom was a good one in the beginning. Even though we were not a winning team, it didn't take long to become attached to the team. When Denver or the Raiders (back in the AFC days) the town would come alive, and the games were great. Even in the Kingdome. Doing the wave and Bill the Beer guy leading the way. I caught some exciting games back then and pounded a lot of King Beers! Parents had 200 level Season tickets. And I was dating a Sea Gal and they were given a pair of tickets back then.

But then came Ken Bering .. Those were dark days. Hard to stay attached to the team. some sorry QB's.

So if not for Paul A. Seattle was close to being a St. Louis and the Hawks could had been in LA.

kearly

Reaction score
Dave Krieg throwing that game winner on the final play at Arrowhead is the reason I became a fan at age 9. I loved this team in their 2-14 season as much or more than I love them now. Love doesn't have to be rational.

All that said, it is such a blessing to be going through arguably the best and coolest NFL regime of all time. The idea of a "bandwagon" Seahawks fan was preposterous just five years ago - East Coast bias and regional isolation made Seattle one of the least likely places for the rebirth of the 70s Steelers or Cowboys. Yet it happened anyway.

I'm proud that we have a team that neutral observers WANT to be a fan of.