The annual is Kearse worth it thread

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok, might as well get this out of the way now.

He's not fast enough.

He drops too many passes.

He's a number 6 receiver anywhere else.

He makes too much money and we could use that cash for a developmental player.

Russell needs a better target.

Having said all that he just happens to come up biggest on the biggest stage, 2 million give or take isn't really anything for a Starter WR in the NFL. Russell trusts him to go get the ball and loves his ability to make the big catch.

Ok now that we got this out of the way. :)

SeaChickN

Reaction score
He was good today. Slipped once or twice, who didn't. He's a good Hawk.

The Outfield

Reaction score
He was a huge part of our comeback when, for various reasons, Russell and Doug couldn't connect.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I don't think we are getting him back at $2M this upcoming season though.

smerfy01

Reaction score
drop lynch, give Bennett a 4m bonus as well as signing Kearse to a 3 year $12 million deal.

Also adjust Baldwin's contract by $1-2 million per. The guy outplayed his contract hard and deserves to be rewarded.

So that leaves a decent amount leftover in the cap to look at strengthening o-line while making the people that deserve the money, happy.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've historically wanted Kearse gone but the last half of the season he was relatively solid. He had a really good game today too. He will never be a #1 or #2 but Russ trusts him a lot and he's done well with the uptempo quick passing game from the second half of the season. Wouldn't be opposed to extending him at this point if it doesn't break the bank.

jake206

Reaction score
He's a really good 3rd WR. Shows up in clutch situations. Going to be tough replacing someone like him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Kearse has great chemistry with Baldwin. They know how to play "off" each other.

I think you would be hard pressed to find that kind of tandem.

Kearse always seem to find Wilson on scrambling plays and makes clutch grabs. Keep him. He's also a Husky like me! lol.

BlueOne

Reaction score
Kearse proved to me this year he's a very good 3rd option in our offense. I don't know what a good 3 WR gets in the NFL but we should offer him that and I hope he takes it.

mrt144

Reaction score
The rapport with Wilson is worth it alone. Trying to integrate a new WR through FA seems like a pain, PR seems snake bitten and wont be back, Lockette might never play again, Graham's Ewing theory effect.

Lockett @1, Baldwin @2, Kearse @3

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He balled out in these two playoff games. I just wish he would be more consistent and play like this all season long.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
smerfy01":3fr62eko said:
drop lynch, give Bennett a 4m bonus as well as signing Kearse to a 3 year $12 million deal.

Also adjust Baldwin's contract by $1-2 million per. The guy outplayed his contract hard and deserves to be rewarded.

So that leaves a decent amount leftover in the cap to look at strengthening o-line while making the people that deserve the money, happy.

This.

Cad

Reaction score
Kearse, Baldwin, and Russell have been together here their entire time. There's a trust and chemistry that cannot easily be replaced. And Russell really trusts Kearse when the game is on the line, and Kearse delivers more often than not. Hell,if not for the play calling at the end of the Super Bowl, Kearse's miracle catch was right up there with David Tyree's in terms of importance.

Look how much trouble we had integrating Jimmy Graham into the offense. You replace Kearse with a FA, and you risk running into those kinds of problems.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Have to keep him with Richardson being injury prone.. outside of Kearse you have 2 WR's

We've already seen going for splashy names to add to the offense doesn't work, so keep Kearse around

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":302ta9ma said:
Have to keep him with Richardson being injury prone.. outside of Kearse you have 2 WR's

We've already seen going for splashy names to add to the offense doesn't work, so keep Kearse around
Richardson is totally expendable. Lockett is the real deal.