The healing thread

soje

Reaction score
Alright. Season's over.

Even reminiscing about the posive aspects of this season feels too painful to me because it's gonna bring memories of lost opportunities, bad decisions, and lack of minimum concentration in the first half of this game against the Panthers.

So, I guess the healing will have to be focused on next season.

What do we have to look forward?
What are our needs?
What FA could be targeted?
Who stays and who goes?
Anybody knowledgeable of the prospects in the draft?
What's our roster gonna look like?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
We can guess all day and it will be fun but we'll be wrong PC and JS do things their way and will give us a shot to compete next season.

mrt144

Reaction score
Who are the best available interior linemen on both sides coming up in FA?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would like to see a couple of coaches on the offensive side of the ball gone.

Richard told he's on notice, and must find ways to get to the QB.

Need to get quality O-line help in a hurry. Time to end the current O-line experiment. They need to start being able to win shootouts and you can't do that when your QB is running for his life every play.

Would like to find another quality pass rusher, and another quality CB for depth.
Draft a good young RB, that can make his own holes.

We lost the battles in coaching and in the trenches today.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I know that Okung was a pro bowler years ago, but has anyone else noticed they do better without Okung in the lineup lately? The O-Line literally sucked until Okung went out today.

And I'm sorry, but it was a HUGE mistake to try to bring Marshawn back for this game. I honestly think we'd have been better off saving Lynch for later and using Michael today. Is it possible that the reason Lynch didn't get on the bus for the Vikings game is because he demanded that they don't split rushes between him and Michael last week, stayed home, and that Carroll caved this week? It was a huge mistake to put Marshawn in without any real snaps for 2 months against this great Panther front 7. I think Michael might have fared better.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Promote Cable fire Bevell, DO NOT let cable have any say in the Oline. thats if MRobs tweets are true.
CB/OLINE/RB

I like rawls but we need more than just him and CMike isn't the answer. Maybe as a 3rd down back but still not sold.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Mariners will win the World Series and everyone will forget about the football team :lol:

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
I feel the needs are all around the LOS. We need help on both sides.

I'm very optimistic with the rest of of our roster for next year. Let's see, we stil have a very young and capable group of players in the offense: Wilson, Rawls, Baldwin, Lockett, Graham. Building around these guys should not be a problem.

What about the defense? KJ Wright, Wagner, Sherman, and Thomas should all be back. Who else?

crosfam

Reaction score
Hopefully, Cards win out and then they lose the fire. We should focus on shoring up the signature D a first priority, and winning the NFC West again. Steelers won 4 SB in 6 years. Pats went six times under BB. We can be that team for this decade. Russell has a 3-7 year window to be great, depending on injuries.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2rd39nq8 said:
The Mariners will win the World Series and everyone will forget about the football team :lol:
Long ways to go there. I noticed the past two season, just how much greater the playoff teams are, and I realize that missing the postseason hasn't really meant much.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Threedee":1ab3zxdk said:
Hawk-Lock":1ab3zxdk said:
Long ways to go there. I noticed the past two season, just how much greater the playoff teams are, and I realize that missing the postseason hasn't really meant much.

I was kidding. Depending on the Mariners is like depending on Peyton Manning in the playoffs :lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Willyeye":ljbmrky0 said:
I know that Okung was a pro bowler years ago, but has anyone else noticed they do better without Okung in the lineup lately? The O-Line literally sucked until Okung went out today.

And I'm sorry, but it was a HUGE mistake to try to bring Marshawn back for this game. I honestly think we'd have been better off saving Lynch for later and using Michael today. Is it possible that the reason Lynch didn't get on the bus for the Vikings game is because he demanded that they don't split rushes between him and Michael last week, stayed home, and that Carroll caved this week? It was a huge mistake to put Marshawn in without any real snaps for 2 months against this great Panther front 7. I think Michael might have fared better.

Yes Okung sucks and Bailey actually played halfway decent. Lynch was a non issue today, as well as any other running game except Wilson. We were behind to early and to much to even think about running.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Willyeye":27vfcexc said:
And I'm sorry, but it was a HUGE mistake to try to bring Marshawn back for this game. I honestly think we'd have been better off saving Lynch for later and using Michael today..........It was a huge mistake to put Marshawn in without any real snaps for 2 months against this great Panther front 7. I think Michael might have fared better.
Completely disagree. IMO Rawls would've been better, C-Mike would not have.

chris98251

Reaction score
Willyeye":1jetssg2 said:

It wasn't Lynchs fault that we had defenders in the backfield as he took the hand off, being down 2 scores as fast as we were took our whole game plan and tossed it in the trash. No running back eludes that situation.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I hope for this:

Build the offense around Russell. Go with the up-tempo, short-pass offense that worked so well at the end of the season. Use Rawls as the change of pace to keep the D honest, but give the reins to Russell.

Keep the trio of Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett and get Graham back healthy.

Draft some real o-linemen and scrap the idea of building them post-draft. If Sweezy is the shining star of how it's supposed to work, it isn't.

Figure out how to change up the cover 3 so they can address TE issue (perhaps man-up more often on good TEs).

I really think next year we see the Hawks win the division. Carolina is going to be an NFC beast for some time now, but I think it will be a fight between us and them for the top seed.

(The window is closing for Carson and Fitz and the Cards.)

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1fpltzp4 said:

Atleast there has been some changes made. Hopefully they will be for the better.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Reaneypark":no1f4mug said:
I hope for this:

Build the offense around Russell. Go with the up-tempo, short-pass offense that worked so well at the end of the season. Use Rawls as the change of pace to keep the D honest, but give the reins to Russell.

Keep the trio of Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett and get Graham back healthy.

Draft some real o-linemen and scrap the idea of building them post-draft. If Sweezy is the shining star of how it's supposed to work, it isn't.

Figure out how to change up the cover 3 so they can address TE issue (perhaps man-up more often on good TEs).

I really think next year we see the Hawks win the division. Carolina is going to be an NFC beast for some time now, but I think it will be a fight between us and them for the top seed.

(The window is closing for Carson and Fitz and the Cards.)

Lockett and Baldwin are the core for a very non-pedestrian WR corps.
We have youth on our side.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JPatera76":2hwfcd23 said:
Promote Cable fire Bevell, DO NOT let cable have any say in the Oline. thats if MRobs tweets are true.
CB/OLINE/RB

I like rawls but we need more than just him and CMike isn't the answer. Maybe as a 3rd down back but still not sold.

This makes absolutely zero sense. You want to promote Cable but not give him say in the Oline? What do you want to promote him to...he's already the assistant head coach. I think Cable has had enough time and he's part of the problem. I'd like to see him gone.