Is There A Chance Bruce Irvin Comes Back?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I am not to familiar with our cap space but let's say we drop Lynch wouldn't that free up money for Bruce Irvin? I really like his tough guy persona. We need more bad MF's like him.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope so. He's a knucklehead at times, but I thought he had a really good season and is becoming a really good all around linebacker.

timmat

Reaction score
With so much already invested at linebacker, I think he's gone to his hometown and Dan Quinn in ATL.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We will have to give up some of these guys who only contribute situationally if we are going to have the resources to fix our Oline.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I think we'll let him test the market. Hopefully the demand allows him to come back. I do really want to see Bruce back next year. Yes, he's had some rough times, but I do love his plays and I do believe he has been a bright spot on our defense this year. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I really hope he comes back. Bruce still have a huge upside imo.

Mick063

Reaction score
If I had to pick one most likely to exit, it would be Irvin. Primarily because some team will pay him much more than he is worth.

Rob12

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1p3lpyc4 said:
As long as he's not too expensive. Otherwise he doesn't make enough plays for the big money.

This. I'd love to keep him but I think the cost will be too high. He'll be 29 or 30 next season, and people forget that sometimes... He's in his fourth year but he's already getting a little old.

I think he goes to the highest bidder. And I won't blame him one bit.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Mick063":1foyywso said:
If I had to pick one most likely to exit, it would be Irvin. Primarily because some team will pay him much more than he is worth.
Kind of like we did drafting him where we did. It was a total reach and he never lived up to JC vision of a pro bowl pass rusher

JPatera76

Reaction score
he wont remember the tweet that said "y'all crazy if you dont think imma get mine $$$"

flmmkrz

Reaction score
He's gonna be chasing bank and I don't think his loss dramatically makes the defense worse so I don't think it's worth using up money to resign him that could be earmarked for the oline. I would love to see him back, but he's not consistently in the league of the other lb'ers so in terms of roi he may be expendable.

blkhwk

Reaction score
For the right price, hopefully he does and they start using these athletic LB's to get after the QB a little more.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the Hawks want him back, but not at the price he'll demand.

Exact same situation as Maxwell last year.

sutz

Reaction score
I think there are two chances: slim and none.

Perhaps he had a change of heart and is more team focused now than last pre-season. I wonder. He has said he wants a big paycheck, we've already got two high paid LB's. I doubt we have the scratch to pay him what he wants, too.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Slim and none, and Slim just left town. Dude isn't worth the$ he'll get. Average LB at best. Buh bye....

gmor

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":360hh2lv said:
As long as he's not too expensive. Otherwise he doesn't make enough plays for the big money.
He has become a very respectable linebacker. His physicality would be missed. He mentioned he wanted to stay in Seattle after the game. Hopefully both sided come to a reasonable agreement.

gmor

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2o0htx5h said:
He's gonna be chasing bank and I don't think his loss dramatically makes the defense worse so I don't think it's worth using up money to resign him that could be earmarked for the oline. I would love to see him back, but he's not consistently in the league of the other lb'ers so in terms of roi he may be expendable.
How would you used the money earmarked for the line?