It's a great time to be a Hawk fan

seahawksny

Reaction score
My 12 and 10 year old sons were distraught so I told them.....

they have have seen

4 straight playoff appearances
A super bowl win
A super bowl loss
2 tough losses in divisional round.

I'm 40, and I remember growing up...

Road games were automatic losses
We went from 1984 to 2005 without a playoff victory.

For those my age and a couple years younger I could go on and on...

Our expectations are much greater now but there's a reason why our expectations are greater now. We expect to win. We never expected to win on road in cincinnati, Kansas city, or anywhere for that matter.

All those nightmares in mile high were erased two years ago. I never thought they would ever be erased

We will have a great D next year and an offense led by possibly the greatest playmaker this organization has ever known with a Thomas rawls in the backfield. We still went 10 and 6 without the heart and soul of this offense, Lynch this year..

Carolina beat us today and they deserved it
Very few will not pick us they make the playoffs next year
it's still a great time to be a Hawks fan...

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Sometimes some of us need a reminder of what we have witnessed, and will still be witnessing for however long. I'm damn proud of this team and can't wait for next season. Go Hawks!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Exactly.

Keep in mind the Mariners have been irrelevant for over a decade. And our basketball team left.

Great time to be a Hawks fan.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Indeed it is.

In 15 years we'll look back on this era and smile about a golden age of Seahawks football.

And there's more to come from this group yet.

Go Hawks :thirishdrinkers:

homerun1970

Reaction score
This kinda goes in the conversation I had with my seven yr old. She only remembers the Hawks as a major contender. I told her you have seen more superbowls in seven years than I saw in the first 37 years. There is one great thing to take from this we arent the old aging team that went to XL we are still going to be a yearly contender and a force to reckon with.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think what most of us forget is how hard it is to stay even 'good' in the current NFL. How many teams have seen what we have in 4 years in the past 20-30 years? This teams core nucleus will be around for a long time. The only team who has maintained an extreme level of success has been the Pats but the AFC East has given them a free 6 wins every year. The salary cap wants to make winning in the NFL difficult, I'll take the guys who are calling the shots for our Hawks over anyone else out there.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I guess what hurts the most is what's being left on the table.

Obviously the super bowl.

But 31 points?

Wtf Pete. Another offseason of wondering what ifs. Like what if we actually played football in the first half.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Well said, I've seen every season.

Wouldn't trade any of the past four years for the entire decade of the 90's!