Thoughts on Marshawn Lynch staying in the game today?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Thought after the early stuffs coaches should have shaken things up and put in Michael. It was a lot to ask a 30 year old running back to play even at 50% his old self against such a strong defense. Definitely looks like the end of a great career for the Beast.

Mick063

Reaction score
They were playing catchup football and Lynch is a stud pass blocker, is dependable for ball security, as well as an excellent receiver. He knows the playbook.

This was a bad situation to fit Michael in.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Should have started Michael and worked lynch in.

Hindsight is a BITCH.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Lynch only had 6 carries for 20 yards. Not a whole lot of room for CMike. Playing catch up the whole 2nd half.

getnasty

Reaction score
I was surprised that Fred Jackson wasn't out there in the 2nd half, not sure if he was hurt but he's usually the guys in the hurry up offense

timmat

Reaction score
He needed to stay in. We were going to throw like crazy and he was tough as nails on pass protection. We had to abandon the run so early on, this game had no bearing on Marshawn's abilities or capability to contribute on the ground. I hope he stays for next year. We don't know how durable Rawls is.

I couldn't believe how often Bevel had him split wide as a WR though.

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
timmat":1i3aalle said:
He needed to stay in. We were going to throw like crazy and he was tough as nails on pass protection. We had to abandon the run so early on, this game had no bearing on Marshawn's abilities or capability to contribute on the ground. I hope he stays for next year. We don't know how durable Rawls is.

I couldn't believe how often Bevel had him split wide as a WR though.

I hope they draft a running back in the mid-rounds, unless they can find another Rawls undrafted.

If we don't have another Marshawn, having depth at the running back spot will become more imperative.