Who will be the seahawks most improved next year?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Could be from improvement in play, or just from opportunity.

Offensively I think jimmy graham. Stop trying to force it to him and run the spread, quick passing offense we saw in the second half of the season, and he'll be a monster.

Defensively I think frank Clark will get a big jump in production. The skills are there, hopefully next season he gets more production. McCray is another option, if the hawks decide to so something with chancellor.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Lockett for sure. He's just so freakin' talented.

Other than that our O-Line can't get any worse, just hope some of the young guys make the breakthrough.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm going with O-line on this. I think both Britt and Gilliam have plenty of potential and could become real studs next year. Clark is also a very strong possibility.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2890anac said:
Could be from improvement in play, or just from opportunity.

Offensively I think jimmy graham. Stop trying to force it to him and run the spread, quick passing offense we saw in the second half of the season, and he'll be a monster.

Defensively I think frank Clark will get a big jump in production. The skills are there, hopefully next season he gets more production. McCray is another option, if the hawks decide to so something with chancellor.

I agree, Graham I think will have a big year next year, Clark looked really good in the second half of the season.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Clark, probably Lockett.

Graham is what he is. If Bevell hangs around, we'll force him the ball until he gets hurt in week 7.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm going to go with a couple of injury prone guys. I think Tharold Simon and Paul Richardson are both talented enough to be difference makers IF they can ever get healthy.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
I know this is the easy choice but I just feel it's inevitable...Lockett. In a year or two he'll be where Antonio Brown is. Hopeful, yes, overly hopeful (and repeated), possibly, but the kid just has that it factor.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2at1spmg said:
Paul Richardson

I will go with Richardson, who was starting to emerge as the best receiver at the end of last season.

Then Gilliam, who will probably move to left tackle.

I hope these three young guys in the front-seven start looking like Pro Bowl players: Frank Clark, Jordan Hill and Pierre-Lewis. Hill and Pierre-Lewis could get more playing time if Mebane and Irvin sign elsewhere.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson's rampage during the second half of the season had a lot to do with teams using outdated game plans they developed during the offseason - game plans where Seattle relied on bunch formations, a heavy dose of Lynch, and play action deep bombs. Close the pocket slowly. Spy the QB. Blitz the bootleg.

Those tactics actually played into Seattle's hands after they switched to a quick passing game from the pocket with spread principles. This created a huge advantage for the Seahawks.

Or to put it another way, imagine a defense facing the Patriots after that defense had prepared to face the Bills all week, and it would be roughly the equivalent of how Seattle hoodwinked defenses the past few months.

Teams will reset their game plans this offseason and next year they'll be far better prepared to counter Seattle's new offensive identity. That said, I'm still very excited to see 16 games of spread concepts as a staple in the passing game with Thomas Rawls at RB.

As far as most improved, there are so many good choices.

-The OL will look better because Wilson and Rawls can hide blemishes.

-Tyler Locket seems like the obvious candidate to post big numbers as his chemistry with Wilson develops.

-Jermaine Kearse, if he returns, is quietly coming off a huge season in which he ranked 5th in DVOA in the NFL. I know it's just one game, but Kearse's 11 catches show that the offense doesn't miss a beat when Wilson has to avoid his top options thanks to the quality of Kearse's play.

-Paul Richardson must find a way to stay healthy, but he was born to play in a spread offense with his speed and precise routes. I was against the Richardson pick when it happened, but I now think his potential with Seattle is sky high.

On defense, the most improvement I expect will be from Pete Carroll and Kris Richard. Their cover 3 was exposed in 2015, and Pete is a fixer. He'll find a way to fix it.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'll say Rawls in the sense of expanded opportunity. He'll be the man out of the gate and hopefully stays healthy and we'll show a full year of very high level production. I also have high hopes for Marsh and Glowinski.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I really, really hope Tharold Simon can stay healthy. He showed flashes of dominance and fits the LOB mold perfectly, which would let Lane kick back inside (if he re-signs). I'm also interested in seeing how the young DBs have improved.

I also think Clark takes some major steps forward with a full offseason.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think most improved his quite the right way to word it but I think Clark becomes key part of our defense next year.

On offense Richardson won't put up volume numbers but he will be a key contributor and make some really big plays for us. I can't wait to see this offense next year, really hope we attack the offensive line so it can flourish. Best offense in the league is in store.

kearly

Reaction score
Clark finished the year with four sacks if you count the postseason, that's pretty good for a developing rookie with low reps who plays inside a lot. Clark already excels at pushing the pocket. He has a nice future, but it still feels like there is work to be done in the pass rush this offseason.