Humbled

Rob12

Reaction score
I love this team... With all of the adversity thrown at our team this season, I'm proud of the results. It sucks losing, but we lost to a team that was better than I thought.

Personally, I'm humbled as a fan... This was a tough year. But I can't help feeling that this loss is going to be a launching pad to an even hungrier and focused team next year.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":nynoskjc said:
I love this team... With all of the adversity thrown at our team this season, I'm proud of the results. It sucks losing, but we lost to a team that was better than I thought.

Personally, I'm humbled as a fan... This was a tough year. But I can't help feeling that this loss is going to be a launching pad to an even hungrier and focused team next year.

Curious as to what you mean by humbled......

Most longtime Seahawk fans were plenty humbled by the 30 plus prior years of Seattle football :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":35opzuo4 said:
Rob12":35opzuo4 said:

Most longtime Seahawk fans were plenty humbled by the 30 plus prior years of Seattle football :)

I don't know, I have seen entitled coming in to many posts, seen when you have a ring talk to me, arrogance etc. Humbled again is a good word, yes some may be drive by fans, but being good as fun as it is you have to also understand that a few key situations can bring you to the middle of the pack again. Not just as fans, but players.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ozepzh8 said:
Rob12":1ozepzh8 said:

And plenty of long time fans were buying their plane tickets to Arizona for next week's game.

I've been a fan of this team for 26 of my 34 years, and I am humbled because I thought there was no way we weren't getting back to the SB this year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Humbled is a good word. For a lot of us on here, we never dreamed of the success we've grown accustomed to after years of mediocre to down right shitty results. I think this will be good in the long run.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":1lon21bq said:
Hawkpower":1lon21bq said:
Rob12":1lon21bq said:

And plenty of long time fans were buying their plane tickets to Arizona for next week's game.

I've been a fan of this team for 26 of my 34 years, and I am humbled because I thought there was no way we weren't getting back to the SB this year.

I can see that.

I think the confidence was earned though, considering the pedigree this team has accumulated in the Wilson era. I don't think we need to apologize for that. If some newer fans were spouting off, that's different.

For me, it deepens my appreciation for the Super Bowl 48. It helps to remember just how rare a season like that is.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
morgulon1":3g0ka5rn said:
Humbled is a good word. For a lot of us on here, we never dreamed of the success we've grown accustomed to after years of mediocre to down right shitty results. I think this will be good in the long run.
Godspeed humbled! Godspeed!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1bc9sth0 said:
morgulon1":1bc9sth0 said:
Godspeed humbled! Godspeed!

Lo freakin L

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't feel very humbled.

Forgetting that we shouldn't have put ourselves in the 6th seed, we played our 3rd road game in a row against a playoff team the most recent of which was the third coldest game in history and was a huge emotional win.

We then travel cross country for the second week in a row and play a very good football team at 10am who is coming off a bye.

We arguably have the best team in the league - and I can assure you that if Carolina played their third road game in a row Seattle, after playing MInny and Arizona, while we were coming off a bye - we wouldhave won by more than 7.

Kudos to them for a great season. They executed better than we did this season.

Kudos to our guys for showing the world once again that we can hang with the best, despite our back against the wall. Any other team in the league would have just laid down in the second half and had no chance of recovery - we took a 31-0 deficit and brought it down to the last play.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
I think some of you are missing my point, but OK. I'm not asking anyone to feel the same way I do. Carry on...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mostly I hope Pete is humbled enough to make the changes he needs to make, to let go of things that "used to" work, and change over to things that "actually work now".

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
olyfan63":34fbf9o6 said:
Mostly I hope Pete is humbled enough to make the changes he needs to make, to let go of things that "used to" work, and change over to things that "actually work now".

Yep. PC's legacy kind of depends on it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
olyfan63":3q7zw7kt said:

Yeah, that's what is most frustrating. Right back to run, run, PA like some sort of homing pigeon, and it bit him in the azz HARD when the D kept botching things up in the first half. How many times must they show success with the spread/flooded zones, etc to convince him...and that's just the carrot. The 'stick' driving him toward that carrot is that the OL can't pass pro long enough for those longer PA routes.

Let your coaches coach, Pete! Stop tightening your grip in the playoffs! Unbelievable... He always talks about 'consistency' by 'playing like we always play,' but that's disingenuous because he goes to full-Gunther-Cunningham mode ("Play defense and RUUUUUUUN!!") in the post season. It's the same death grip he had during Russ's first season. Warren Moon heavily criticized Pete for handcuffing Russ. Said he was ready for more and it hurt his development.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
So guys... To clarify...

I'm humbled because I'm a helpless homer. I mean, if a co-worker would have asked me to bet my house on a Seahawks win today, I would have taken it. And if I had, me, my wife, and our three boys would be sleeping in the mud right now.

That's what this team has done to me over the past few years. I always feel like we're going to win. The only loss I've predicted in years was the Week 2 game in GB this season. I'm not talking about the player's being humbled here (though they should be), so I should have been more clear. There's some issues with this team, and it's mostly coaching - but that didn't really apply today, because they just got punched in the mouth by a team that simply wanted it more.

Personally, I'm humbled. And again, I'm not asking you to be humbled. But this team is not perfect, and the FO has some maneuvering to do this offseason to get us on top again. And that's where I feel humbled. The NFL is a hard league, and sustained success is very, very hard.

That's all I was trying to say.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Yep! I also can't say I was shocked, we were holding the 6th seed for cryin out loud (with nothing but uphill battles from there to boot). It was house money this year really.

Those early divisional game losses - crucial.

TDOTSEAHAWK":122vy6yi said:
I don't feel very humbled.

Forgetting that we shouldn't have put ourselves in the 6th seed, we played our 3rd road game in a row against a playoff team the most recent of which was the third coldest game in history and was a huge emotional win.

We then travel cross country for the second week in a row and play a very good football team at 10am who is coming off a bye.

We arguably have the best team in the league - and I can assure you that if Carolina played their third road game in a row Seattle, after playing MInny and Arizona, while we were coming off a bye - we wouldhave won by more than 7.

Kudos to them for a great season. They executed better than we did this season.

Kudos to our guys for showing the world once again that we can hang with the best, despite our back against the wall. Any other team in the league would have just laid down in the second half and had no chance of recovery - we took a 31-0 deficit and brought it down to the last play.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":2arywtut said:
So guys... To clarify...

I'm humbled because I'm a helpless homer. I mean, if a co-worker would have asked me to bet my house on a Seahawks win today, I would have taken it. And if I had, me, my wife, and our three boys would be sleeping in the mud right now.

That's what this team has done to me over the past few years. I always feel like we're going to win. The only loss I've predicted in years was the Week 2 game in GB this season. I'm not talking about the player's being humbled here (though they should be), so I should have been more clear. There's some issues with this team, and it's mostly coaching - but that didn't really apply today, because they just got punched in the mouth by a team that simply wanted it more.

Personally, I'm humbled. And again, I'm not asking you to be humbled. But this team is not perfect, and the FO has some maneuvering to do this offseason to get us on top again. And that's where I feel humbled. The NFL is a hard league, and sustained success is very, very hard.

That's all I was trying to say.

I feel ya. We had that battered fan syndrome for so long, it took a long time to shake it off. And then you
start feeling like 'hey, we can win every game, we are legitimate, what a great feeling'. Next thing you know
you're expecting them to win every game, including Sunday. And then when they lose, you're left a little
humbled, as you realize you were starting to get a little 'cocky' about your team.

The pendulum has swung the other way, just need to get it back in the middle.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Nah... Can't win them all and I am just here for the enjoyment anyway. I love the Seahawks, but the most enjoyment comes from the back and forth banter with other fans. I'll be right back at it next season.