I'm emotionally drained from this year.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seriously. This has been a year like no other. Obviously, I know football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but as a die hard fan, it's been emotionally draining. Although I wanted to win, there is a sense of relief that I and hopefully the Seahawks can return to normalcy whatever that is. I was contemplating the last year from a Seahawks perspective:

1.Super Bowl. I still think about. I know it's stupid, but I still do. I can't believe how it ended and it's still like a dream.
2. Russell's contract going down to the wire. Were we going to lock him up or what or allow him to test FA?
3. Surgery for Earl and Kam
4. Jimmy Trade, losing pro bowl center.
5. Losing your DC
6. Losing your very inspirational LB coach
7. Kam holdout.
8. Project at center.
9. Nearly record breaking protection issues
10. Multiple blown fourth quarter leads
11. Tap out in Detroit
12. Jimmy injury
13. Bruce wanting to be in Atlanta.
14 Losing Ricardo like we did.
15. Three home losses
16. Lockett emerging as a special teams/ WR threat.
17. Marshawn hurt/ surgery
18. Baldwin TD's
19. Wilson breaking passing record.
20. Emergence of Rawls
21. Rawls breaks ankle
22. Michael's redemption
23. Vikings missed FG
24. Near epic comeback.

Anyone else as exhausted as I am?

This list is by no means all inclusive, just stuff that comes to mind, but demonstrates the roller coaster that has been 2015. I am actually looking forward to this offseason and next season being relatively uneventful from an emotional standpoint. I don't know why this team has such a grip on me, but they do. They've been part of my life since 1976 when I was four years old, and they always will be. Looking forward a kinder and gentler 2016, and another playoff run.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rjdriver":1o4784ph said:
Seriously. This has been a year like no other. Obviously, I know football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but as a die hard fan, it's been emotionally draining. Although I wanted to win, there is a sense of relief that I and hopefully the Seahawks can return to normalcy whatever that is. I was contemplating the last year from a Seahawks perspective:

1.Super Bowl. I still think about. I know it's stupid, but I still do. I can't believe how it ended and it's still like a dream.
2. Russell's contract going down to the wire. Were we going to lock him up or what or allow him to test FA?
3. Surgery for Earl and Kam
4. Jimmy Trade, losing pro bowl center.
5. Losing your DC
6. Losing your very inspirational LB coach
7. Kam holdout.
8. Project at center.
9. Nearly record breaking protection issues
10. Multiple blown fourth quarter leads
11. Tap out in Detroit
12. Jimmy injury
13. Bruce wanting to be in Atlanta.
14 Losing Ricardo like we did.
15. Three home losses
16. Lockett emerging as a special teams/ WR threat.
17. Marshawn hurt/ surgery
18. Baldwin TD's
19. Wilson breaking passing record.
20. Emergence of Rawls
21. Rawls breaks ankle
22. Michael's redemption
23. Vikings missed FG
24. Near epic comeback.

Anyone else as exhausted as I am?

This list is by no means all inclusive, just stuff that comes to mind, but demonstrates the roller coaster that has been 2015. I am actually looking forward to this offseason and next season being relatively uneventful from an emotional standpoint. I don't know why this team has such a grip on me, but they do. They've been part of my life since 1976 when I was four years old, and they always will be. Looking forward a kinder and gentler 2016, and another playoff run.

Yeah, I'm drained..... and still think about XLIX, if they had won that game this year would have been much easier to deal with.
I'm hoping Pete and John make a lot of the necessary decisions to get the Hawks back on track for next year and beyond.

At this point I don't want to hear reasons, excuses, explanations, or "coach speak" on what went wrong this year, coming from the team, which means no local sports radio for me for about a month. I just want it fixed!!!!!

Once I go on vacation in a few weeks to clear my head of the negative feelings, I'll be ready for the draft. :)

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I have a feeling the next incarnation of the Hawks will be very different from this season. Great things are in store, and before it's over, Russell will be the next great passer in this league. Just a hunch...