For The Love Of.....Can We Stop Burning Timeouts Early In Th

dopeboy206

Reaction score
For the love of GOD. Im beyond annoyed that this team HASN'T corrected their clock management and burn timeouts early in the 2nd half. Are they aware that they might need them later to try and make a comeback? Idk if its personnel speaking to Wilson's headset or is it Wilson but it pisses me off every time. They should be on top on things like this. It happens way too often and its getting old.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dopeboy206":uqrgzqe0 said:
For the love of GOD. Im beyond annoyed that this team HASN'T corrected their clock management and burn timeouts early in the 2nd half. Are they aware that they might need them later to try and make a comeback? Idk if its personnel speaking to Wilson's headset or is it Wilson but it pisses me off every time. They should be on top on things like this. It happens way too often and its getting old.

Meh, they wanted to get a few things sorted out BEFORE they went on a tear. :lol:

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":17trz9wh said:
dopeboy206":17trz9wh said:

Meh, they wanted to get a few things sorted out BEFORE they went on a tear. :lol:

Yeah pretty sure they did just like they do in every other close game they lost (sarcasm). Today it was 3rd and god knows how long when they burned a timeout.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dopeboy206":37i32mo4 said:
HawKnPeppa":37i32mo4 said:
dopeboy206":37i32mo4 said:

Yeah pretty sure they did just like they do in every other close game they lost (sarcasm). Today it was 3rd and god knows how long when they burned a timeout.

You can win in the 4th quarter, but you can sure piss it away earlier with nonsensical timeouts. :lol:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
It's not the timeouts that infuriate me, it's the playcalling after them. Before the end of the 1st half we call a timeout to get the ball back. What do we do then? Waste 50 seconds due to running the ball and dinking short passes. Then again in the 2nd half. We have Carolina on their heels and they had to call a timeout to regroup. After that time out we get called for a delay of game. I mean, what the intercourse were they doing in the timeout? Are calling plays that difficult?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Clock management on this team is horrific. They burn way too much time between plays and then get delay of games. It never seems to be fixed. They were down 17 pts with about 9 minutes remaining in the game and they were slow to the line. That's ridiculous. Probably could have saved a minute or two had they been using better clock management.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":27bob0jv said:
It's not the timeouts that infuriate me, it's the playcalling after them. Before the end of the 1st half we call a timeout to get the ball back. What do we do then? Waste 50 seconds due to running the ball and dinking short passes. Then again in the 2nd half. We have Carolina on their heels and they had to call a timeout to regroup. After that time out we get called for a delay of game. I mean, what the intercourse were they doing in the timeout? Are calling plays that difficult?

The headsets were still frozen from the week before? I believe that's what they said last week.

You CAN have a sense of urgency without panicking.