$9m saving if we cut Jimmy Graham

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Surely he wont be here next year if we can get rid with no dead cap hit?

WeakBeak

Reaction score
I'm have to say no on this. Before he went down he was finally clicking with Wilson.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We've never run the kind of offense that relies on pass-catching TEs. I say cut him and buy a lineman.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2avific0 said:
We've never run the kind of offense that relies on pass-catching TEs. I say cut him and by a lineman.

I'd be on board with this even if he wasnt injured.

Bwarren

Reaction score
He's not really a tight end either. He aint gone. If we go to spread offense. It could be great.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they move on from Graham. We struggled on third downs all year and I think Graham could really help with that. He finally started to click with Wilson before going down and this offense with Wilson, Baldwin, Lockett, Graham, Rawls etc could be the best offense in the league next year.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Graham isn't going anywhere. Harvin's cap hit came off the books this offseason for one. For 2, as mentioned before, him and Wilson were starting to click. He's still one of the best TE's in the game, and isn't a head case like Harvin. The only possibility is they may discuss converting some of his salary to guarantees if he agrees to take a slight pay cut

Optimus25

Reaction score
I want him if he's healthy and just convert him to WR.

what's the Damn point of putting him in to block?

WR Corp:

Jimmy
ADB
Lockett
Kearse
Smith
Richardson

TE

Luke
Draft
Coffman

I would think that all balances out to an average cap hit.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
On the face, it doesn't make sense to move on from Jimmy -- but cap space is going to be pretty limited even after we let go of Marshawn. With 3 other starters on offense free agents, the team may need to make a choice to fill other holes and let go of Graham.

In the end I think he stays, but I'm only about 87% sure.

thebigcat

Reaction score
must be nice to just throw away a 1st round pick after one year

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2bvgb2rw said:
Why in the hell would they get rid of Graham? Make no sense to get rid of one of the best TE in the game. Him and Wilson will be fine.

They have 9 million reasons to get rid of a potentially catastrophically injured player.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2y0um0xw said:
TorontoHawk":2y0um0xw said:
Why in the hell would they get rid of Graham? Make no sense to get rid of one of the best TE in the game. Him and Wilson will be fine.

They have 9 million reasons to get rid of a potentially catastrophically injured player.
Is he a TE, and is he going to be healthy?
Both legit questions.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think this is one trade you don't cut your losses with. He didn't appear to be a locker room cancer, he was finally starting to click with RW. He's one of the best pass catching TEs in the game. Sorry, I think he's worth the money as long as the offense is done in a way where he works. I actually think the spark that opened up the offensive playbook started with losing Marshawn, not losing Graham. my 2 cents.

drrew

Reaction score
The OL FA class isn't going to be particularly strong, so even if you did release him, there isn't a lot to spend that money on.

Cordy Glenn would be nice at LT, but the Bills will sign or franchise him. Not sure there's anyone else I'd spend a lot of $ on.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
thebigcat":3v153vb1 said:
must be nice to just throw away a 1st round pick after one year

First round pick and a good offensive lineman, ostensibly to have money to get an offensive lineman.

I don't really think cutting Graham makes much sense, nor do I think trading him makes much sense.

This is particularly true if the team continues moving more to a spread formation, in which Graham is more useful.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think they'll be able to cut him because of his injury. He won't be ready before the season starts and I doubt he would take an injury settlement. The Seahawks will get what they can from him in the second half of next season and see where it can go from there.