Greater still coming

josephr1988

Reaction score
Dvisional, Superbowl, Superbowl, Divisional. ...with Russ

These are hard things to come by considering we had the chance to win games this year to put ourselves in position for the 2nd seed at least. I think this team starts out quickly next year...no more holdouts...no more bullshit slow starts...Let's get it together.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree with both sentiments.

While our window is still wide open with this great group of players, coaches and GM..............we better see a hungrier and more focused team next year that doesn't take half the season to flip the switch and start playing up to their potential.

Pete and John need to clean up the contract issues early, or get ruthless with the selfish players who want to cause distractions into the regular season.

I hate to bring up Belicheat and the Pats, but our FO needs to act like the Pats. If you're not 100% in from day 1? You're gone, we don't care how long you've played here, what you've done for us or how good you are. We'll get players in here who are hungrier and younger than you.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Greater will come but only if the team leaders come together and commit themselves to one goal... another Lombardi.

I'm talking about Sherm, Earl, Kam, Bennett, Wagner, Russell, ADB and Jimmy Graham being of one mind... no more off-season distractions... no more in-fighting... no more finger-pointing.

Commit.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":17hq4jmw said:
Greater will come but only if the team leaders come together and commit themselves to one goal... another Lombardi.

I'm talking about Sherm, Earl, Kam, Bennett, Wagner, Russell, ADB and Jimmy Graham being of one mind... no more off-season distractions... no more in-fighting... no more finger-pointing.

Commit.

I love Bennett (my only signed jersey), but I see him not being here next year. He came to play this year, and has made it known he wants to be paid. We know he loves the team, but he is very vocal as well about the paycheck. He is going to want to be paid top dollar to stay here. If the front office can make it happen, I waould be ecstatic, but I just have a bad feeling it won't. Clark can plug right in at Bennett's spot without issue I think.

Kam is a tough one. Hard to say what the feeling is from the front office on him. He held the team hostage for more money when he already was virtually the top paid strong safety in the league (only $4000 from the highest paid strong safety on a multi million dollar contract). My feeling is he pissed some people off. Mccray did a good job in his spot, so I can see the team looking to unload Kam unless his attitude has changed. In my opinion, this season he had did not warrant asking for any more money period. Sherm and earl seem to get along great with mccray as well. We keep lane or shead. Hopefully both, but I can see another team offering lane maxwell money.

Jimmy-Torn Patellar tendon injuries are a bitch. Hard to say if he ever recovers from this, let alone recovers by next season. I think he gets traded or cut by the trade deadline next season. I like him a lot, and think the team does as well, it is just a tough injury and the team comes first.

I think Okung and Sweezy are gone as well. Glowinski can be a fine replacement for sweezy, not sure on Okung, but hopefully the coaches really focus on the line this offseason. OL is the weakest link by far and they know they have to address it.

I don't see many distractions either. I think the team is in a good place right now, focused on fixing issues that we have had this season. I think the team is pretty unified. We will lose a few great players, but gain a few as well.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ymfhaiq said:
I agree with both sentiments.

While our window is still wide open with this great group of players, coaches and GM..............we better see a hungrier and more focused team next year that doesn't take half the season to flip the switch and start playing up to their potential.

Pete and John need to clean up the contract issues early, or get ruthless with the selfish players who want to cause distractions into the regular season.

I hate to bring up Belicheat and the Pats, but our FO needs to act like the Pats. If you're not 100% in from day 1? You're gone, we don't care how long you've played here, what you've done for us or how good you are. We'll get players in here who are hungrier and younger than you.

Bingo. That's how you maintain success in a league with so much change. Look how many players thrived in their system to leave for big contracts and never come close to the same level of success. Keep players at what they feel is their price, develop younger guys who understand and fit the system, and that's it. Reward those who play to and above their current salary like Bennett and ADB. Wilfork played his whole career in NE before getting the boot and it simply came down to what he felt he should make not equaling his production anymore.

I've loved Kam since he took over for Lawyer Milloy but he damn sure better come to camp hungry or I have no problem with PC/JS cutting ties and letting him struggle in a defense that doesn't play to his strengths. Me first attitudes are what cripple franchises, which is disappointing, cause in the early years being a family was their motivation.