Does the New Playoff Seeding process begin next season?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I remember hearing on ESPN that one additional wildcard spot would be added and only the top seed in each conference would get a bye. 2-4 seeds would play in WC weekend. Was it a proposal that was approved by the owners or just a discussion?

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was just a proposal. I haven't heard any definitive announcement yet, and I think this would be big news and all over if it were true.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sounds like the NFL trying to eek out more money without having to revisit their boondoggling of the NFLPA by trying to lengthen the season.

Quite frankly, the game doesn't need another Wild Card team. Were the 8-8 Falcons really what were missing from the Playoffs this year?

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2wmaiqvk said:
Pretty sure it was just a proposal. I haven't heard any definitive announcement yet, and I think this would be big news and all over if it were true.

Last I heard it was just something being discussed. I remember awhile back some people saying they thought it would come to fruition, but I've yet to hear of it being changed, and you're right, it would be huge news when it passes

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I hope not...leave everything as is. Same seeding, division winners get a home game, 16 game season. Don't mess with it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I doubt it will get changed. Owners want that home playoff game for winning the division.

It's the way it should be

HawkFan72

Reaction score
There has to be some reward for winning the division. I hope they don't change it, I love the playoff seeding.

crosfam

Reaction score
I would like 16 teams: All four conference winners host a WC team. We would see more 9-7, 8-8, even 7-9 teams, but I think the bye is too much of an advantage as is... 1-8, 4-5 in one bracket, 2-7, 3-6 in the other.

Just an opinion.