What Killed the Beast

chiltech500

Reaction score
All the media have been talking about Lynch almost certainly gone next season, cap space, etc.

Were we responsible for his decline, maybe even injury, by downgrading our OL piece by piece the last 2 years?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chiltech500":3ioq1wms said:
All the media have been talking about Lynch almost certainly gone next season, cap space, etc.

Were we responsible for his decline, maybe even injury, by downgrading our OL piece by piece the last 2 years?

1. He has reached the magical age of 30, when most RBs start to decline.
2. He's had an ongoing issue with lower back stiffness/pain
3. His punishing style has taken its toll
4. He hasn't completely recovered from sports hernia surgery that happened a couple of months ago

All of that said, he's still a serviceable back, who's a good blocker and decent receiver. He just doesn't run as well as he did in his prime.

razor150

Reaction score
We actually don't know if the beast is dead, he was injured all year and had a bad o-line that made it all the harder for him. That said he is 30, and his running style creates more wear and tear on the body. Even a slasher like Alexander who never took or delivered shots like Lynch hit a wall at 30, in large part due to injuries as well.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Father time killed him..............happens to all players at some point unless you are on HGH like Tom Brady.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Even with better blocking, he wouldn't be drastically getting hit less. He might have gotten more yards before getting hit but as a RB, he's still going to get tackled and hit a rate that will tend to result in adverse affects that can't be played through around this time in his life.

RussB

Reaction score
Injuries. Thats pretty much it. Its like when ladanian tomlinson went to NY, just not the same.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
He may be at the point Franco Harris was when we picked him up. Physically beat up, enthusiasm flagging, and not into it mentally anymore.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Hate being that guy but Bevell killed him on Feb 1 2015. By not giving him the ball he basically gave him a giant middle finger and Lynch stopped caring. He came into the season either not healthy or not interested in giving 100% like years past. If Rawls had gotten more playing time in the early part of season we probably wouldn't have lost so many games. I know I'll get bashed for it but that's my honest thoughts on it.

RussB

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3qnw5zcl said:
Hate being that guy but Bevell killed him on Feb 1 2015. By not giving him the ball he basically gave him a giant middle finger and Lynch stopped caring. He came into the season either not healthy or not interested in giving 100% like years past. If Rawls had gotten more playing time in the early part of season we probably wouldn't have lost so many games. I know I'll get bashed for it but that's my honest thoughts on it.
If thats the case then its time to part ways with him. We need guys who compete and go all in, cant have him around with that attitude .

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Who can really say, "He's done?" It's not like we can stick a turkey thermometer into his ass and it reads, "Done".
It's possible that he can be rejuvenated over the off-season and return with a whole new attitude. Personally, I think that this hernia surgery took a lot out of him and caused him to become pretty discouraged. The fact that Mr. Rawls is breathing down his neck for his position may not help.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
keatonisballin":26n365la said:
No worries, man! You only said what every one, their mom, and their grandma is thinking.

Someone was gonna say it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
keatonisballin":e79ewudq said:
Hate to say it, but this may well be part of it. The other part is simply age and wear and tear catching up with him.

AVL

Reaction score
Through misfortune Lynch has become an overpaid distraction. Who knows what he wants to do. He hasn't wanted to say much since his summer of 12 traffic incident. He has always spent minimum time with his team mates, but hey, he's a great mentor when he's here, just ask someone.

Watching Lynch break tackles was great, was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3cid41bc said:

Well if that's the case, good riddance.

No room for crybabies on our team, if Lynch couldn't put the past behind him and re-dedicate himself in the offseason to kicking ass then he doesn't belong here.

btw, he certainly cared enough to demand more money.

OceanPanther

Reaction score
Just an observation.. Like most of you know,, he's getting old ( in running back years ) .. He wasn't a factor in either game we played against you.. He's a big hit against the cap..

But this is the key one,, you get rid of, maybe trade , the year before he goes off the grid..

As fans who've loved a player,, that's hard.. but as we know,, " it's business "

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":283hsrwt said:
Father time killed him..............happens to all players at some point unless you are on HGH like Tom Brady.

You funny! HGH gate is coming.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":yd62jiti said:

Can't wait for this to come to light. Lol

OP
OP
C

chiltech500

Reaction score
"No room for crybabies on our team, if Lynch couldn't put the past behind him and re-dedicate himself in the offseason to kicking ass then he doesn't belong here....btw, he certainly cared enough to demand more money."

Time to part ways, those major injuries never really heal (I speak from experience) and particularly a 30 yo RB with injury impacting his core