Marshawn receiving more and running less?

mrt144

Reaction score
He's got the chops, he can block, and he's dangerous when he only has to beat a dude to get big gains. With Rawls coming back it wouldn't be the worst way to utilize him and it might serve well to open up passing options if defenses start having to account for that reliably especially on 3rd down.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
mrt144":2427xm8c said:
He's got the chops, he can block, and he's dangerous when he only has to beat a dude to get big gains. With Rawls coming back it wouldn't be the worst way to utilize him and it might serve well to open up passing options if defenses start having to account for that reliably especially on 3rd down.

A more potent Fred Jackson.. I like it if he reworks his deal.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't see it happening.

Marshawn catches the ball well but he's not a WR that can elude defenders.

When Marshawn is lined up outside he's typically paired up with an OLB... no real advantage there imo.

How many times has Russell thrown it his way when he's lined up outside?... a couple of times is all I can remember and those were when Russell was scrambling and Lynch camped out in the flat waiting for Russell to get off a pass in his direction.

Another thing is we don't have the cap space to afford Marshawn, even at a discount.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
If it weren't for the salary cap, I would love to keep Lynch as a fullback. He'd be a threat to run or catch passes, plus if his run blocking is half as good as his pass blocking, he'd be a monster

kjreid

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2x1bn3p7 said:
Some team will sign Lynch to be a RB at 200-250 carries.

I really think that team will be the 49'ers. they have Hyde but he is no ML and ML has 2 maybe 3 years left of 1000+ yds and 250 carriers per.

titan3131

Reaction score
MARSHAWN GREW UP HATING THE 49ERS. WHY DO YOU THINK HE HAS SOME OF HIS BEST GAMES VS THEM? BECAUSE ALL OAKLAND FANS HATE THE WHINERS.