If the Seahawks beat the Panthers in Week 6...

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I think if the Seahawks would have beaten the Panthers in week 6 we would have been the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs and the Panthers would have not had the season they had. I think that loss crippled our ability to go on a run earlier. I also believe the great season the Panthers had was due in large part to the confidence boost they got after beating us at home. After that win I think they believed they could beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. I think that was the turning point for both teams.

Any thoughts??

RussB

Reaction score
Could be , i also thought they gained alot of confidence after that game. I mean that was cams first win against the hawks in his whole career.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
RussB":1ydkox1p said:
Could be , i also thought they gained alot of confidence after that game. I mean that was cams first win against the hawks in his whole career.

Agree here and with OP.

Not to mention the confidence hit the Seahwks took.
"The kings of the NFC had been toppled" kind of thing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":1w67cozi said:
I also believe the great season the Panthers had was due in large part to the confidence boost they got after beating us at home.

Any thoughts??

You want Seattle to get credit for the Panthers being good this year? C'mon.

I think the Panthers are having a great season because they're a great team, not because they beat a 2-3 (and damn near 1-4) Seahawks team in Week 6.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks beat the Panthers we might have had an outside shot at home field in the divisional round since we could have caught the Cardinals.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":ciwu02l4 said:
I think if the Seahawks would have beaten the Panthers in week 6 we would have been the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs and the Panthers would have not had the season they had. I think that loss crippled our ability to go on a run earlier. I also believe the great season the Panthers had was due in large part to the confidence boost they got after beating us at home. After that win I think they believed they could beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. I think that was the turning point for both teams.

Any thoughts??

No.. can't agree with that. The Panthers schedule was Charmin soft.. we still would have had a difficult time catching them in the win column.

Had they held on to 4th quarter leads in Cincinnati and Carolina and swept a bad St. Louis team.. that's your difference between the 6 seed and HFA.

Now in 2013, we used those missed opportunities in 2012 to fuel us to a championship. Hopefully history repeats itself in 2016.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Pretty sure they still would of beat up on the NFC South, NFC East and AFC South. I mean seriously....they played 2 divisions won by teams who went 9-7, who were 5-7 and 6-6 with 4 weeks to go in the season.... I mean :th2thumbs:

Looks like Carolina gets to play the NFC and AFC West this next year along with the Vikings who apart from Atlanta was the last team to beat them in the regular season....and Cam has to go to Seattle again. It is looking like a MUCH tougher schedule then they had this past year

Play 6 games against playoff teams...

I like how we get to play Brady, Cam, Palmer x2, Rodgers, Brees next year. Brady, Palmer and Brees all had over 100 Qb rating this year and Cam was at 99.4. Rodgers had a down year but is a Career 100 + Qb rating QB.

Then you have Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor and Bridgewater who all could be much improved this year, although Taylor had a really good year anyway. Heck you could even throw in Winston in Tampa.

Only really bad QBs we will probably face is whoever is playing for 49ers, Rams, Eagles, and maybe the Jets...Matt Ryan is an average QB but who knows with how good his WRs are to how good a day he can have

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Way, way too early to gauge strength of schedule in 2016. No one thought Carolina would go 15-1 without Kelvin Benjamin.. No one thought Dallas would finish 4-12 or that the Colts would be a dumpster fire. It just kind of broke in the perfect way for the Panthers this year.

Could just as easily happen to us next year or any team in the league. SOS is the most misleading stat in football at this juncture of the year.

samwize77

Reaction score
Its always interesting to look back and ask what if? But I try not to.
To me its "woulda shoulda coulda"
I want to ask "whats next" and look forward so we can keep the "woulda shoulda couldas" to a minimum.