Happy 10th anniversary!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
10 years ago today marks the Seahawks first conference championship in franchise history and would send the Seahawks to their first ever Super Bowl where they would um... get screwed over at every turn and have Jerramy Stevens almost single handedly lose the game on his own..

But still, what a 10 year run its been!

timmat

Reaction score
I was at the game, and have been at every playoff game since. I swear that day was the loudest I've ever heard the stadium. When I say that now during this era, others tell me it's just that I'm used to it now. But I'd been to many home games prior to that one as well, and remember at the time thinking how deafening it was.

I've got some personal video footage of the crowd during pregame that day. At the time I recorded, the crowd was going crazy screaming and waving the towels they handed out that day.

But the reason why I recorded at the time I did was because it was way, way before kickoff. Neither team was out on the field. It was not during player announcements. There was no entertainment or dignitaries on the field. There was nothing going on but the 12s going crazy for each other and the anticipation of the game, without prompting or activity to compel it. It was the coolest thing I can recall from our crowd at any game.

evergreen

Reaction score
My friend has been a season ticket holder since around 2000. He's basically seen all the all time highlights. He too said the 2005 NFCCG was the loudest, by far. That was in comparison to one of the record setting games. I was surprised by that. I'd have thought that 1st game against the 9ers in 2013 or the Xmas present from 2012...

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I was at that game too. Took my kids.
I remember Steve Smith was hot that year but we shut him the heck down! :mrgreen:

I've been diehard since '76, and remember hanging out in the stands after the game... taking it in... didn't want to leave. After all these years, we had finally made it.

It was a very special time. 8)

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
3 Super Bowls in 10 years! Prior to '05 I just hoped and prayed I would see them play in 1. Now I want more hardware. Winning is nice. I have never wavered in my fandom since 1976. The past 10 have definately been more fun than the first 30. Not saying I didn't enjoy the first 30 just didn't know how nice the top would really feel! Here's to reaching the pinnacle again in 2016!

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I have been trying to explain the noise level at that game to everyone who has gone to a game with me since it happened. The best way I describe it is that I cupped my hands over my dad's ear to tell him something and he could not hear me no matter how loud I tried to yell. I have been accused (rightly so) of having a very loud voice. I have been all but one home game (snow game; I live in Portland Oregon) and playoffs since that game and I have not experienced that again.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention "that game" was the 2005 NFC championship.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Awesome stories. I remember watching the NFC CG in sheer disbelief in much of the same manner that I would wind up watching Super Bowl 48.. that constant thinking..

"It can't go THIS easily can it?!"

Was just such a fun day.