Poll: After two years at two positions, what is Britt?

What position is Britt better suited for

• Guard

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Tackle

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Is he better suited at tackle or guard? I'm not as down on Britt as some, and would like him to compete for a starting job next season. To me, I think he looks better on the interior. I don't think he's quick enough to play tackle in the league. He has a long way to go, but hopefully he can focus on one position. He has some mauler potential. I really hope he can put it together and be a quality starter.

Boom84

Reaction score
+1 as a backup with versatility to play guard and tackle he could provide the same value players like Alex Boone and Adam Snyder have for the 49ers. BTW, I'd love to see this team go after Alex Boone as he's a free agent this year.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
A guard with some serious issues in pass pro. Can he keep improving and become a solid starting NFL guard? I hope so. :Dunno:

crosfam

Reaction score
He will be a third year player, still lots of upside. Now well experienced at two positions. If nobody beats him out, he starts next year. If not he is a valuable back-up. Maybe back at RT if Gilliam moves to LT. I see some draft picks, but no high priced FA on the line this year. Too many of our core to pay.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
crosfam":wak78y6h said:
He will be a third year player, still lots of upside. Now well experienced at two positions. If nobody beats him out, he starts next year. If not he is a valuable back-up. Maybe back at RT if Gilliam moves to LT. I see some draft picks, but no high priced FA on the line this year. Too many of our core to pay.

You can see Gilliam at LT? For real?

I agree on the draft though. I don´t think we´ll be in play for FA linemen. I wouldn´t mind seeing a trade for Joe Thomas though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's hard to imagine Britt's third off-season is suddenly going to turn him into a starting caliber tackle. It isn't impossible but if he starts for us next year it's much, much likelier to be at guard. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at RG if Sweezy leaves with Glow as the LG. Something like FA - Glow - Lewis - Britt - Gilliam.

crosfam

Reaction score
It seems that many drafted LTs start at RT and move later. I see a draft pick, #1 or #2, who competes with Gilliam. The one most ready is the LT. Britt may end up being the RT if he improves (the position he was drafted for). Most likely he will be a G. If we resign Sweezy and trade Britt for a 4th or 5th, then we know Glowinski gets the nod. Might be in the minority, but I think Bailey played better at LT than G. He is not a starter, but probably a solid back-up at several positions.

Also see us drafting an interior lineman who can play G or C - to compete for one of those jobs. I think Lewis ends up starting - for now.

kearly

Reaction score
If Sweezy leaves, I'd like to see Britt at RG and Glow at LG. Britt gives up too many free rushers to play on the blind side. And in a small sample size, Glow looks like a solid pass protector.

Britt feels too talented to be a backup, but his performance hasn't been good enough to be a long term starter yet. To be fair, a lot of people predicted that Britt would need extra time to adjust to the NFL since the Missouri offense did very little to prepare their OL for the NFL.

This is a very challenging offseason for PC/JS with regards to the OL. I honestly don't have a clue about what they should do. There is no obvious plan that falls into place. Every plan I think up that's realistic has issues and risks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":1nymnajz said:
This is a very challenging offseason for PC/JS with regards to the OL. I honestly don't have a clue about what they should do. There is no obvious plan that falls into place. Every plan I think up that's realistic has issues and risks.

No doubt John and Pete are losing sleep over this dilemma. They have pulled their hair out over the entire past season observing the play of our OL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's a backup. Neither a starting guard or tackle in NFL. If they move him to LT, it would be the worst move ever. I fear for RW's health should that happen. That may happen if Okung leaves.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1eg1om3h said:
He's a backup. Neither a starting guard or tackle in NFL. If they move him to LT, it would be the worst move ever. I fear for RW's health should that happen. That may happen if Okung leaves.

What I hear you saying is that it may be another rocky start for the Hawks in 2016?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2butmd1q said:
hawkfan68":2butmd1q said:

What I hear you saying is that it may be another rocky start for the Hawks in 2016?

I'm saying that there's a possibility Britt could be the starting LT which means it would be dangerous for dangeRuss. That's all. Whether that means a rocky start in 2016, I don't know.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If we have to play him, at has to be at G because he was worse at tackle. I'd rather have him at RG because it's less critical than LG. Glowinski should get a chance at LG as he looks more promising than Britt right from the git go. Tired of seeing dudes like Kawann Short come roaring through with ease. Something needs to be done at center as well...too bad Sokoli is another year from being ready.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Wherever he is needed. If they fail to sign Okung or another starter quality free agent tackle, then they will need Britt back at RT.

Britt could be successful at either guard or tackle, but he just hasn't put it all together yet. This is a critical 3rd year for his development; one that will likely see him playing a familiar position.