Does Earl Thomas get a pass, but

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Kam doesn't get one?

I dunno, but Earl has been lame since that injury in last year's playoff game. I remember Earl hitting the hole to stop RB's running up the gut, but not so much this year.

This team didn't beat any good teams and got by beating the lame ones for a reason, whatever it is. We should have lost to Detroit, but Kam's play was the difference.

I'm not saying Kam is great and Earl isn't, but I am saying that there are more problems on the D than just Kam. we have no outside guy that gets to the QB consistently and we were bad in coverage against TE's.

Lots of blame to go around.......

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't think your assessment is correct. Earl had a pretty good year. Definitely Pro Bowl caliber and borderline All-Pro.

The problem was he was covering for Cary Williams early in the year and Kam later on. It is hard to be effective when you're covering the mistakes of others. Especially as a safety. If we didn't have Earl, I guarantee we don't lead the league in least passing TDS given up and points.

Hard to see the point of this post. But I definitely blame Earl Thomas for our defense leading the league in points against again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl wasn't making hits and wrapping up for most the season, I attribute that to his shoulder still not 100 percent or not trusting it and shying off it. The Panthers game is the first time I seen him come down hill and make a crushing hit with it again.

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ehm695x said:
Why are we so interested in blame?

Blame is a strange word..
Do you remember the Cincy game..? Up by how much only to lose? How about the Panther game at home and the playoffs?
There are reasons we lost those games, so yes, maybe "blame" is necessary to explain what's wrong with this team on defense.

People want to shout out D stats, but did you notice we weren't playing a game today..??
People like to shout out about how "great" Wilson is, but he threw 2 picks that cost us games that were bad throws. One in the SB and last week against the Panthers.

Is it OK to asses the O-Line, but no other part of the team...??

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this THE Fudd from back in the old NET days?

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2ap2lq2q said:
Is this THE Fudd from back in the old NET days?

You know it....!!

The Fudd still lives and breaths Seahawks football.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3h3yj7qa said:
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta be the one in the lynch mob who calls for the hangman's rope, torches and pitchforks eh?
LOLOL, Injuries are not a legit reason for less than stellar play, around here, that's what we call "An Excuse".

depecheSeahawk

Reaction score
Kam wasn't totally himself, late start and injury seems to have played a part.
ET seemed to actually tried to shoulder tackle people more this season. Kinda weird considering his injury was a dislocated shoulder.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
depecheSeahawk":3w24tvau said:
ET seemed to actually tried to shoulder tackle people more this season. Kinda weird considering his injury was a dislocated shoulder.
This x100

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hoping both come back with a stronger year next year. They both have the ability to be great still.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":2wex9bay said:
FlyingGreg":2wex9bay said:

Blame is a strange word..
Do you remember the Cincy game..? Up by how much only to lose? How about the Panther game at home and the playoffs?
There are reasons we lost those games, so yes, maybe "blame" is necessary to explain what's wrong with this team on defense.

People want to shout out D stats, but did you notice we weren't playing a game today..??
People like to shout out about how "great" Wilson is, but he threw 2 picks that cost us games that were bad throws. One in the SB and last week against the Panthers.

Is it OK to asses the O-Line, but no other part of the team...??

Is this an Earl Thomas or Russel Eildon thread?

You remember a game from Week 6. I remember the plays he made against MN in the Wild Card game. I think he was genuinely hurt into the season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
depecheSeahawk":1frc1zct said:
He's been wearing a shoulder brace all year. Opted out of the Pro Bowl, so he can continue to heal. I'll give him a mulligan.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":wgsjt3gy said:
Earl didn't hold out and hurt the team. He was available each and every day.
Requires staying semi up to date with the team and players to know any of that. Why go through the trouble when you can just point a finger?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1z8deknq said:
Tech Worlds":1z8deknq said:
Earl didn't hold out and hurt the team. He was available each and every day.
That would require staying semi up to date with the team and players to know any of that. Why do all that when you can just point a finger?
What are you talking about?

Not having Kam to start the year hurt the team. That fact is not in dispute.