Is Russ playing in the Pro Bowl? I hope so...

Sign37now

Reaction score
I know the game is a joke but I'd sure like to see him play a quarter behind a pro bowl Oline.. Is it August yet?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No joke, Russ looked like the best player on the field when he played in the Prob Owl his rookie year. Was fun to watch.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I'm cool with it. A bonus is that we will get lots of Instagram pictures of Ciara on the beach. Those are always nice.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sign37now":19oneosm said:
I know the game is a joke but I'd sure like to see him play a quarter behind a pro bowl Oline.. Is it August yet?

Meh, that would be just a re-run. The last time he went to the Pro Bowl he tore it up. I'd rather he started his lessons with Pete.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sign37now":2dcw8fdy said:

Why? Do you want him to risk a career ending injury in a game that's completely meaningless? It's worse than a preseason game.

IMO the game out to be abolished and a different way found to honor the season's best players.

themunn

Reaction score
RiverDog":23bjo78c said:
Sign37now":23bjo78c said:

Why? Do you want him to risk a career ending injury in a game that's completely meaningless? It's worse than a preseason game.

IMO the game out to be abolished and a different way found to honor the season's best players.

Who was the last person to get even a minor injury in the pro bowl let alone a career ender?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
themunn":cworzag3 said:
RiverDog":cworzag3 said:
Sign37now":cworzag3 said:

Who was the last person to get even a minor injury in the pro bowl let alone a career ender?

Better question who was the last player to have an injury in practice. How many ACLs/MCLS/other CLS were torn in training camp this year league wide? This game is worse then practice. Im not expecting them to have a huge knock out blow injury, but the guys will be running and cutting and putting miles on their bodies.

RiverDog

Reaction score
themunn":15pd834k said:
RiverDog":15pd834k said:
Sign37now":15pd834k said:

Drew Brees dislocated his elbow in 2007, but he lucked out as it was his non throwing arm.

Since it's the last game of the year for those that participate, injuries aren't tracked like they are in the regular season so you don't hear about them nearly as much as you do regular season or playoff games. But the risk is always present.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Heard on the radio that he was Michael Irvin's first pick in the "pro bowl draft". So yes, he's playing. I won't be watching.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2lxspxq9 said:
Heard on the radio that he was Michael Irvin's first pick in the "pro bowl draft". So yes, he's playing. I won't be watching.

Yes he's definitely playing. Saw him tossing some balls to Tyler Lockett in what looked like a photography session. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of any pro bowl for many years. The game just can't hold my interest. I doubt that'll change this year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
When salaries escalated to what they did, the Pro Bowl became obsolete. If Russ is on the turf one time, that's one time too many.

Rat

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl OL doesn't mean much. I believe defenses aren't allowed to blitz. I know they have to at least count to 5 Mississippi's first.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rat":3bb6euul said:
The Pro Bowl OL doesn't mean much. I believe defenses aren't allowed to blitz. I know they have to at least count to 5 Mississippi's first.

Yea, and defenses weren't allowed to play zone, either. The contest is a joke. I'd rather pay to watch them participate in some goofy obstacle course or something.

I can see baseball and basketball having all star games as a means to honor their best performing players, but football is a different monster with as violent as it is, especially nowadays with all the concern about concussions.