Well yesterday sucked

gowazzu02

Reaction score
First playoff football in 3 years that the hawks weren't a part of. And seeing the shell of a qb out there for the cards, we most definitely would be going to San Fran to get a piece of a broken down Manning.

Ughhh why couldn't we have done something in the first half!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yep. Sucks, especially because I live right next to Santa Clara and might have had a chance of going for once.

Oh, well.

Crizilla

Reaction score
we definitely would have beat arizona and probably denver again

but you have to give carolina credit theyve been the best team all year

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You could say why did they give up late leads in a few games that cost us the division thus home field advantage.The fact is if we had just won one more game we would have had the 5th seed the one idiots said that doesn't matter.That was the difference between playing Carolina/Ariz before yesterday.We(most) of us know the Hawks are better and certainly would have played the Panthers a lot better yesterday than last week.We killed Arizona that last week and it was no fluke and we owned Carolina in that 2nd half,that was no fluke.A lot of things happened this season and it affects the end no matter how small it all matters at the end.The why you ask is just a combination of all that in my opinion.Time to learn from all that and be a better team next season so this one doesn't happen as it did.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
IndyHawk":132hayv1 said:
You could say why did they give up late leads in a few games that cost us the division thus home field advantage.The fact is if we had just won one more game we would have had the 5th seed the one idiots said that doesn't matter.That was the difference between playing Carolina/Ariz before yesterday.We(most) of us know the Hawks are better and certainly would have played the Panthers a lot better yesterday than last week.We killed Arizona that last week and it was no fluke and we owned Carolina in that 2nd half,that was no fluke.A lot of things happened this season and it affects the end no matter how small it all matters at the end.The why you ask is just a combination of all that in my opinion.Time to learn from all that and be a better team next season so this one doesn't happen as it did.

Thats a great point, if nothing else. We would have played Car at 3:30 instead of 10am. Still baffles me that there were only 2 10 am kicks all post season, and we were in both.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11j188gz said:

This.

If anything was proven over the past two weeks of playoffs? Don't spend entire first halves of seasons dealing with distractions and coughing up 4th quarter leads and get home field advantage.

bandiger

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17pkrmc7 said:
IndyHawk":17pkrmc7 said:

This.

If anything was proven over the past two weeks of playoffs? Don't spend entire first halves of seasons dealing with distractions and coughing up 4th quarter leads and get home field advantage.

Most of all never get swept by Fisher Rams, at least split them at worst.

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3a3z43zp said:
Thats a great point, if nothing else. We would have played Car at 3:30 instead of 10am. Still baffles me that there were only 2 10 am kicks all post season, and we were in both.

Not sure why that is so baffling. We were the only west coast team that had to travel do to our record and seed. No other team is going to have the chance for that early of a start.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Carolina definitely deserves to represent the NFC.

But it is certainly hard to not imagine "what if" this year. We would have killed those Cardinals by a similar score yesterday, and we already know we're in Manning's head. Seems like the first half last week was our Super Bowl and the Hawks blew it.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2jxkzr41 said:

You don't even have to go that far. If Rodgers doesn't connect on that hail mary vs Detroit, they would have been the 6 seed and the Hawks the 5.

Boom84

Reaction score
The Carolina Panthers are the best team in football this year. Their 15-1 record speaks volumes as well as their dismantling of our Seahawks, then Arizona. I'm expecting something similar in the Super Bowl.

Ultimately (and good news), is the Seahawks are the closest in terms of competing with the Panthers heading into next year. The team will obviously need to fill holes along the offensive line, but getting back to the physical group (specifically along both lines) this team was in '12-'13 will get Seattle back to the top of the conference.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3fv8jrq4 said:
IndyHawk":3fv8jrq4 said:

You don't even have to go that far. If Rodgers doesn't connect on that hail mary vs Detroit, they would have been the 6 seed and the Hawks the 5.

Again, don't go 10-6 and lose our division..........which btw most years doesn't even get us in the playoffs. So we were lucky in the first place to even be in the playoffs at 10-6.

There were no what ifs with me, other than what if we didn't mess around for half the season with selfish players holding out, distractions and not playing to the potential of the talent on our roster.

A

Anonymous

The Broncos sure had the Patriots figured out.

Just cover everybody BUT Gronk, and you'll win.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We're probably better than Denver in most areas, but would we be able to block them?

Von and Ware were a menace yesterday. I know it was preseason, but the Broncos took our OL to the woodshed back in August. I see no reason they wouldn't dominate up front again. Those guys made Pittsburgh and New England look like the Browns.

I think the Panthers actually match-up better with them than we would.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seymour":38500m0x said:
gowazzu02":38500m0x said:

Not sure why that is so baffling. We were the only west coast team that had to travel do to our record and seed. No other team is going to have the chance for that early of a start.

It's baffling that there was a 10 am kick at all. When there's only two games, why make one kickoff so early ?

It's not only about the team that travels, but one entire coast of the country that watches the games. It's a proven fact that afternoon games generally get better ratings.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28lioxle said:
Seahawks1983":28lioxle said:
IndyHawk":28lioxle said:

Again, don't go 10-6 and lose our division..........which btw most years doesn't even get us in the playoffs. So we were lucky in the first place to even be in the playoffs at 10-6.

There were no what ifs with me, other than what if we didn't mess around for half the season with selfish players holding out, distractions and not playing to the potential of the talent on our roster.

More often than not, 10 wins gets you into the playoffs. By a wide margin. When you get 10 wins and miss the playoffs, it's not common.

The one good thing is that the Panthers as a team are primed for a SuperBowl Hangover. We went through one this year, but Newton is a guy that loves his celebrity a bit too much. If they win, they'll most likely be less focused next year. The down side is that there really isn't anyone in that division to challenge them.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Had last week been close, then it'd sting more. But down 31-0 at half, it was slim to none that we were gonna win, and put ourselves in a position to play a Card's team that crapped their pants in Carolina yesterday.

It's been the Panther's year...so far.

But Denver does match up with them well defensively.
Noodle Arm has 2 weeks to rest and get ready for Carolina's D.

I think the Broncos have a pretty got shot in this one, actually.

Greenhell

Reaction score
v1rotv2":dkfww44q said:
The one redeeming virtue of yesterday was that Brady got hit a bunch.

I was tickled pink watching that.