I hope the FO is watching Russ in the probowl.

blazen2392

Reaction score
We are finally going to see what Russ looks like with protection (Hope ciara listening too 8) )

Not only that hes going to be throwing to big name receivers like Julio Jones. Almost more excited about the pro bowl than i am about our regular season games.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":ytonzmsw said:
We are finally going to see what Russ looks like with protection (Hope ciara listening too 8) )

Not only that hes going to be throwing to big name receivers like Julio Jones. Almost more excited about the pro bowl than i am about our regular season games.

So YOU'RE the person that watches the Pro Bowl. Good on you!

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, lot of rules about pass rushing to protect him.

Pretty meaningless, IMNSHO.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
D-linemen can't really hit him and they won't do any game planning to try to stop him. So don't get too excited about his performance. You might as well get excited about watching him play Madden really well.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3dl91zh1 said:
D-linemen can't really hit him and they won't do any game planning to try to stop him. So don't get too excited about his performance. You might as well get excited about watching him play Madden really well.

He's playing Madden? Where? When? Who?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Comparing the Pro Bowl to real games in the NFL is like comparing a house of cards to the Taj Mahal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
blazen2392":2wl8trl9 said:

Yes I'm sure Russell playing with a bunch of All Pro's not caring, laughing and going at 50% is really going a long way.

My idea for fixing the Pro Bowl is to have the bottom two teams have a one game playoff for the top pick in the draft. It'd be competitive and interesting.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Of course it'd be awesome to have 5 premier linemen protecting Russ while he throws to the best receivers in the game. That's fun but it can't happen in the regular season due to the salary cap and that's a good thing.

I'm a lifelong soccer fan (european which kind of speaks for itself here) but I like it less every year. The same teams win because every good player on lesser teams gets bought and there's no limitation. There are only 2-4 teams that are competitive in the grand scheme and even in smaller domestic leagues there are only a few good teams while the rest are horrible. No getting excited about next season because you can already predict the outcome of the next 5 seasons. I mean, who thought Superbowl 50 would be Broncos vs Panthers. They were teams that most experts thought wouldn't even be making the play-offs this year. The Champions League will be won by Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Muchen again and it won't even be fun to watch till the semi-finals.

Keep the Pro Bowl how it is, a dystopian afterthought.

chawx

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rugn8x7p said:
blazen2392":rugn8x7p said:

Yes I'm sure Russell playing with a bunch of All Pro's not caring, laughing and going at 50% is really going a long way.

My idea for fixing the Pro Bowl is to have the bottom two teams have a one game playoff for the top pick in the draft. It'd be competitive and interesting.

I like your idea, but I'd take it a bit further... instead of it being the bottom two teams OR it being the best players in the game—you make it the "worst" players in the game.

So, every team (besides the 2 SB teams) submit a list of their (let's say, 15) "eligible" guys who they feel are borderline players at/or near the bottom of their teams depth chart. 106 (two 53-man teams) of those guys then get drafted by the bottom 2 teams GMs to form the "Pro Bowl Teams".

Those two teams of 53 play in the "Pro Bowl" with the winning players on the winning team each getting a $100,000 bonus (significant money for a guy at the bottom of a roster), the losers get $10,000 each (for being drafted).

I think this would make the Pro Bowl very enjoyable and filled with tons of storylines of players the casual fans might have never heard of before to keep people interested. Obviously, the bottom two teams coaches would be used to coach the players and set up game-planning.

Imagine how hard these bottom guys would play for that $100k check... I'd watch the hell out of that game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
It will be fun to watch but if they FO needs to see how he performs with great oline man then they are stupid. They have seen what he can do with below avg and it has been exceptional. By any logic you improve the oline man play and his play will get even better. Not to mention he showed that in his first pro bowl his rookie year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chawx":3s7n8rpq said:
Sgt. Largent":3s7n8rpq said:
blazen2392":3s7n8rpq said:

I like your idea, but I'd take it a bit further... instead of it being the bottom two teams OR it being the best players in the game—you make it the "worst" players in the game.

So, every team (besides the 2 SB teams) submit a list of their (let's say, 15) "eligible" guys who they feel are borderline players at/or near the bottom of their teams depth chart. 106 (two 53-man teams) of those guys then get drafted by the bottom 2 teams GMs to form the "Pro Bowl Teams".

Those two teams of 53 play in the "Pro Bowl" with the winning players on the winning team each getting a $100,000 bonus (significant money for a guy at the bottom of a roster), the losers get $10,000 each (for being drafted).

I think this would make the Pro Bowl very enjoyable and filled with tons of storylines of players the casual fans might have never heard of before to keep people interested. Obviously, the bottom two teams coaches would be used to coach the players and set up game-planning.

Imagine how hard these bottom guys would play for that $100k check... I'd watch the hell out of that game.

Have them wear funky superhero outfits running for their lives inside a game zone with other ex players trying to kill them with Richard Dawson hosting, and I'm in.

chawx

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35jqemch said:
Have them wear funky superhero outfits running for their lives inside a game zone with other ex players trying to kill them with Richard Dawson hosting, and I'm in.

^ Haha yes! This. All of this.

kearly

Reaction score
Looking at those two rosters, Irvin's team would destroy Rice's if the game were played seriously.

Seymour

Reaction score
Now we get to find out what Russell can do in the real world with no QB pressure that doesn't exist.

This is like bowling with the left hand to see how well you would do with the right. :snack:

A

Anonymous

You never know, Pete might tune in and decide to start T-Jack next year.

:mrgreen:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3hqdha1q said:
Meh, lot of rules about pass rushing to protect him.

Pretty meaningless, IMNSHO.
Hmm, so you're being Honest about Not being Honest, or NOT being Honest about being Honest? :lol:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":39socsyp said:
You never know, Pete might tune in and decide to start T-Jack next year.

:mrgreen:
The way players are dropping out of the game, T-Jack will be starting opposite Russ.