PFF off season to do list.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I really question how accurate their grades are when it comes to ZBS. Much easier to judge such things when the player is assigned a man instead of an area. I don't trust their grades of players in a zone scheme.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2nmud60w said:
I really question how accurate their grades are when it comes to ZBS. Much easier to judge such things when the player is assigned a man instead of an area. I don't trust their grades of players in a zone scheme.
No dusrespect, but I trust my eyes and my eyes told me every man on the o-line except Okung was quite below average for an NFL player at his position. Well, I might give Lewis an average grade cuz he did ok against lower level competition. To me though, he's very lacking against better DTs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":l3hgb6oe said:
HawKnPeppa":l3hgb6oe said:
No dusrespect, but I trust my eyes and my eyes told me every man on the o-line except Okung was quite below average for an NFL player at his position. Well, I might give Lewis an average grade cuz he did ok against lower level competition. To me though, he's very lacking against better DTs.

None, taken. We don't have to agree. What jumps out at me is the 'particularly Gilliam' comment. My eyes told me Gillam did OK, and continued to improve, despite playing his 1st season as an OL starter. If anyone, the 'particularly' label belongs to Britt. Interior OL was by far our most glaring weakness, so I'm cool with agreeing to disagree.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wrote it that way because I was surprised he gave up do much pressure but I also agree it's hard to grade.

Britt to me was far and away the worst. The interior of the line has to get better and in a hurry.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't really mind giving Gilliam a pass for his first season as a starter. He didn't play great but I definitely didn't see him as the weakest link on the O-line. That was Britt without a doubt.

To be honest I think that if we only replace Britt with a solid vet or a capable high draft pick the line would already be playing at a decent level.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
You might be right.

Largent80

Reaction score
It seems Iike every time the Seahawks draft a lineman outside of the first round they miss the mark the situation on the o line is dire but neither Okung or Sweezy played that well and are f.a.

Britt is atrocious. Gilliam can only get better right?

Sheesh, were lucky wewon 10 games with these guys.

kearly

Reaction score
Their numbers sound about right, although I wouldn't put Gilliam near dead-last in pass pro. He had some bad games early but compared to Britt the year before, Gilliam felt like a stabilizing force.

bjornanderson21":4hbj9ujm said:
Funny that one of their solutions at DE is Jaye Howard, a guy we drafted and released

The sad thing too is that he had clearly turned a corner that preseason before the Seahawks cut him. Not quite as bad as the Michael Bennett cut, but pretty close.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2nl4e4vy said:
To be honest I think that if we only replace Britt with a solid vet or a capable high draft pick the line would already be playing at a decent level.

Unfortunately with the potential/probable loss of Okung and Sweezy, Britt wouldn't be the only one needing to be replaced. I think there is a decent chance he's still starting somewhere on the line next year if for no other reason than there are already going to be several actual holes that need to be filled (as opposed to the hole he creates by doing an ole maneuver!).

Alexander

Reaction score
HawkGA":1oy6vv73 said:
Overseasfan":1oy6vv73 said:

Unfortunately with the potential/probable loss of Okung and Sweezy, Britt wouldn't be the only one needing to be replaced. I think there is a decent chance he's still starting somewhere on the line next year if for no other reason than there are already going to be several actual holes that need to be filled (as opposed to the hole he creates by doing an ole maneuver!).

Imagine if they signed a guy like Kelechi Osemele (LG for the Ravens) to replace Britt at left guard. Interior OL would instantly look way better. Replacing Okung won't be trivial, but fortunately this year's draft seems to be a good one for OT and C, which would be the two remaining needs if they do make a FA splash at LG. I'm frankly not that worried about replacing Sweezy. For as much as the coaching staff constantly gushes about him, he's just not that special.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Alexander":13cavxzb said:
I'm frankly not that worried about replacing Sweezy. For as much as the coaching staff constantly gushes about him, he's just not that special.

Yeah, If OG's only function was throwing second-level blocks and pissing off LBers, I'd agree with the coaches, but we all know that's not the case. Cable seems to have blinders to anything other than run blocking at times.