Favorite individual Seahawk performance?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
What one player in one game stands out the most for you?

Mine was Chris warren against the raiders. I think it was Monday night football, but I might be wrong. Completely dominated the first half.

2nd choice would be Russell Wilson in the Chicago overtime game where he put the team on his back in the 4th quarter and overtime.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Shaun Alexander ran for 4 or 5 TDs in the first half at home as well. Against the Vikings. Russ has had some amazing games as well, the Chicago OT game definitely one of them. Alexander's 266-yard rushing performance against the Raiders on MNF was pretty spectacular...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Those are all great so far. That Monday Nighter against the Raiders in 95 was one of my favorite games of all time. Warren had 3 TDs and they were all great runs. Galloway had a good game too.

And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha.

Kam's game in the playoffs last year against the Panthers was out of this world too.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":4tgeipr5 said:
Those are all great so far. That Monday Nighter against the Raiders in 95 was one of my favorite games of all time. Warren had 3 TDs and they were all great runs. Galloway had a good game too.

And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha.

Kam's game in the playoffs last year against the Panthers was out of this world too.
That was a great quote by al michaels.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Another game ill always remember is Steve largent against the lions scab players during the strike. He had somethink like 17 catches and well over 200 yards. I remember after the game the lions coach was asked why he didnt double cover him, he said something along the lines of "he was already embarrassing one guy, I saw no reason to embarrass 2."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":392mqq8v said:
And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha..

Oh that's right, that was flippin' hilarious! :lol:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If we want to break it down into favorite individual play: Darryl Williams annihilating raider te Ricky Dudley. And of course beast quake.

But for me the single most exhillerating play was Kelly herndons long interception return during the Super Bowl. During his return I just KNEW we were going to win that Super Bowl, and it was amazing. What happened after that really sucked though....

seabowl

Reaction score
John L Williams vs the Raiders in the last game of the year of I believe the 89 season. Winner went to the playoffs and loser went home. I don't remember his exact stats but he had a huge game..

Also Bosworth playoff game against the Oilers in 87 where he had 17 tackles and was all over the field. I remember his jersey was torn a little so he literally ripped it off and they had to find his alternate jersey which they could not. So.... he ended up putting on a number 52 with no name on the back. What a crushing loss. Yes Freddie intercepted Moon and we should have won.

Lastly Rufus porter on a Monday night against the Bengals where they could not block him and he was killing Esiason. I still remember the look in Rufus's eyes, wide open and possessed.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seabowl":2c745ram said:
Lastly Rufus porter on a Monday night against the Bengals where they could not block him and he was killing Esiason. I still remember the look in Rufus's eyes, wide open and possessed.

Oh! Good call!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seabowl":1igr2ebv said:
John L Williams vs the Raiders in the last game of the year of I believe the 89 season. Winner went to the playoffs and loser went home. I don't remember his exact stats but he had a huge game..

Also Bosworth playoff game against the Oilers in 87 where he had 17 tackles and was all over the field. I remember his jersey was torn a little so he literally ripped it off and they had to find his alternate jersey which they could not. So.... he ended up putting on a number 52 with no name on the back. What a crushing loss. Yes Freddie intercepted Moon and we should have won.

Rufus was on fire in that game. Jeff Bryant brought us down memory lane with a fake injury reminiscent of what Joe Nash and Ken Clark did to disrupt Boomer and their no-huddle O back in 88. The 88 game was Oscar-worthy!

Mick063

Reaction score
You know how excited one can get when anticipating the team's first round pick playing in the opening season game.

I mean think about it. Seattle drafts a running back in the first round. On opening day, and on his very first carry, he takes off for 60 yards against the Chiefs. It wasn't just bursting through a wide open hole either. There was some elusiveness and explosiveness on display.

I was a kid and I danced in the middle of the room. I'll never forget it. We finally had our superstar running back.

Curt Warner went on for 1449 yards and 14 touchdowns his rookie year. He was a dream come true.

My second game would be the complete dominance of the Forty Niners on Sunday Night football. I'm going on recollection which may be faulty but: I believe Red Bryant blocked a field goal and Richard Sherman returned it back for a touchdown. I believe Kam Chancellor flattened Vernon Davis in that game as well. Kaepernick was screaming in the huddle and no one could hear him. Just an awesome game to watch.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Mick063":1ltx5jzu said:
My second game would be the complete dominance of the Forty Niners on Sunday Night football. I'm going on recollection which may be faulty but: I believe Red Bryant blocked a field goal and Richard Sherman returned it back for a touchdown. I believe Kam Chancellor flattened Vernon Davis in that game as well. Kaepernick was screaming in the huddle and no one could hear him. Just an awesome game to watch.

That game was a thing of beauty. Last game I was able to attend. Harbaugh's birthday. Cold and rainy and we just dominated. And the 49ers were never the same hahaha.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":npd2glfp said:
Another game ill always remember is Steve largent against the lions scab players during the strike. He had somethink like 17 catches and well over 200 yards. I remember after the game the lions coach was asked why he didnt double cover him, he said something along the lines of "he was already embarrassing one guy, I saw no reason to embarrass 2."

I had that game on VHS for a good number of years. The label I put on it said "The Steve Largent show".

jkitsune

Reaction score
Probably dating myself a bit by not delving back further, but Matt Hasselbeck v the Saints in the wild-card round in his last year with the 'Hawks. He had been booed throughout the year, fans were chanting for Charlie Whitehurst, and treating Matt as if he hadn't given this franchise everything he had for almost a decade and taken them to their best Super Bowl. I even got taunted by a SEAHAWKS FAN for wearing a Hasselbeck jersey (still the worst example of a 12th man I've ever seen) at that game.

So what did Matt do in his last home game for us? Just throw four TDs against the Saints and carry his daughter on his shoulders off the field. I hate that fans didn't chant HIS name after that performance, but at least he got the sendoff performance he deserved.

Love #8.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Dave Brown..2 pick 6s vs. the Chiefs in 1984. I was travelling at the time with an insane uncle so happened to be somewhere we could actually watch the game. Seahawks had 4 pick 6s on the day and maybe 1 or 2 other INTs..the Chiefs used 3 QBs..Bill Kenney, Todd Blackledge and some scrub. Dave Brown and Kenny Easley were my favorite defensive players on the team..and that game and Dave Browns game were awesome to behold.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wish I could choose the defense vs. the Donkeys in XLVIII but since you said individual performance, I'm gonna have to go with RW at Chicago in that OT win.
Great idea for a thread J.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1lf0ditu said:
Wish I could choose the defense vs. the Donkeys in XLVIII but since you said individual performance, I'm gonna have to go with RW at Chicago in that OT win.
Great idea for a thread J.

The defense performed admirably that night. A performance worthy of song and to be written in the annals of the history of sports.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
For me it was the tip in the NFCC against the 9'ers by Sherman for a couple of reasons. One, the way the game had gone back and forth, it just seemed fitting that the team with the ball last was going to win. That play secured the Hawks a chance to play for their second Lombardi. Second, My son and I were able to attend the game, and it created an everlasting memory for us.

[youtube]YInRHR5tRuI[/youtube]