For the posters that discounted the cold temps in Minny...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I mentioned the cold a couple times before the divisional game. I had heard that playing in such extremely cold temperatures prolongs the healing process for bruises, soreness, etc. But I don't know how long or if that's even accurate.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2lvb39pa said:
The league should not have played the game.

What choice did they have? It's the playoffs, it's not like you can postpone it or anything. I suppose they could have moved it to Detroit to play inside or something. But if they move a playoff game due to weather that opens up an awfully slippery slope.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3no42v8f said:
Win more games...... then the games are in Seattle where it's never -5 degrees.
Problem solved.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":f5d5kyq3 said:
brimsalabim":f5d5kyq3 said:
Problem solved.
Why is this always the answer? Everyone understands if you "win more games" and get home field advantage you don't have to play away. Please stop stating this obvious and really non-helpful fact. It derails threads and everyone knows it to be true anyway. We got knocked out of the playoffs and there isn't a lot to talk about, I expect threads about aspects of why away games hurt us but for the love of god, EVERYONE knows how you get home field, please sssstooooopppp.

253hawk

Reaction score
If you don't want fan and player safety to be an issue, win more games. :roll:

There's a reason they're building a dome in Minnesota. The fact that they even had a home playoff game in January in the two year window they're at U of M is an anomaly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BigMeach":2ajpas9h said:
Sports Hernia":2ajpas9h said:
brimsalabim":2ajpas9h said:
Problem solved.
Why is this always the answer? Everyone understands if you "win more games" and get home field advantage you don't have to play away. Please stop stating this obvious and really non-helpful fact. It derails threads and everyone knows it to be true anyway. We got knocked out of the playoffs and there isn't a lot to talk about, I expect threads about aspects of why away games hurt us but for the love of god, EVERYONE knows how you get home field, please sssstooooopppp.
Why is it always the answer?????

Because it's true.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not saying that from a fairness point of view. What I'm saying is that it wasn't safe to put the players, fans, and support personnel out in -9 degree (-23 degree windchill ) weather. Frost bite is serious.

drdiags

Reaction score
But the fact still is that the league couldn't delay or move the game. So yes, it is a hardship but due to time constraints what other options were there? Why punish a fan base that wants to see their division winning team play at home due to bad weather?

It stinks, yes. Not going to change anything so what is the point?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3q6wp5zb said:
brimsalabim":3q6wp5zb said:

What choice did they have? It's the playoffs, it's not like you can postpone it or anything. I suppose they could have moved it to Detroit to play inside or something. But if they move a playoff game due to weather that opens up an awfully slippery slope.

They could have played it in their new indoor stadium. It's not finished yet, but it is fully enclosed and the field is probably in better shape than Carolina's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seanhawk":148q1ffa said:
JSeahawks":148q1ffa said:
brimsalabim":148q1ffa said:

They could have played it in their new indoor stadium. It's not finished yet, but it is fully enclosed and the field is probably in better shape than Carolina's.

I'm just grateful nobody will be playing in that deep freeze next season/post season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ha, the exact opposite of SD last year. Did anyone tell you it was really HOT there?..... :lol:

253hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2zrex67z said:
Why couldn't the league delay or move the game?

They could, but the NFL doesn't have any sort of official contingency plan. It's not a big deal to reschedule a regular season game for weather because it's usually a one or two day event, but the cold in Minnesota would be difficult to work around due to its consistency. About the only thing they could have done was have the game in Detroit (which they've done before, when the roof collapsed).

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1nbzythq said:
BigMeach":1nbzythq said:
Sports Hernia":1nbzythq said:
brimsalabim":1nbzythq said:
Problem solved.
Why is it always the answer?????

Because it's true.

It is true. Funny that people appear to get upset over this. The 10 am starts are always brought up too, so I see nothing wrong with people bringing this up.

On the topic of freezer bowl, man I have a new found respect for the fans who sat in that stadium. I get a bit cold in our home games at times. I will never complain again about feeling cold, or at least not until the season starts again and I'm sitting in my seats! Go Hawks