Sherman backing Newton..

Boycie

Reaction score
francois.nc":1fk8p21i said:
I think I am really starting to like this guy.....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-50-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-richard-sherman-020116

I didn't care for his super in your face bravado he displayed in that Erin Andrews interview years ago, but he has calmed down alot since then it seems.

Your team is in the SB, stop trying to convince us that Cam is a good QB. Enjoy the ride, because it is fun, and stop worrying about what another fan base thinks about your team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If Sherman was on your team, you would've loved that interview and backed your player 100%. We're tired of hearing other fan bases whining about that interview.

If he had backed Manning, would you still be "starting to like this guy" ?

kearly

Reaction score
Couldn't have said it any better myself. What Sherman said, that is. If Cam was a Seahawk and winning games, Seahawks fans would love him (and Panthers fans would hate him).

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love Cam, and I love the fact that Sherman, as usual, sets people straight.

The funny part of the interview is this (subconscious message to his team mates?)

"This is a kid's game. Unless he's cursing or putting the middle finger up (M. Lynch) or pulling his pants down (D. Baldwin) or doing things like that, then I don't get what they're saying."

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Exactly this. I'm not really a fan of the way people praise him. He's had an amazing year for sure but I have to see him perform well again next year to buy into the hype of him becoming a Brady/Mannng like player who will be among the best for another 10 years. Only after 4 years of great play from Russ did I really start to believe we have a top 5 QB for years to come as well.

How he acts on the field has never bothered me though. It's the same as Sherm and Bennett.

OP
OP
francois.nc

francois.nc

Reaction score
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

ivotuk

Reaction score
francois.nc":2trbdqpw said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

Relax man. You can't expect an opposing fan base to fall in love with your QB. He's the competition, and while we have a healthy respect for him, not everyone is going to love him. Especially after he showed up in those pants that he paid $850.00 for!

Largent80

Reaction score
His o line was off the hook good. Put him behind the Seahawks line and see the same results as he has put up all previous years.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't understand what is so wrong with disliking a player. Usually the best players are the most disliked and liked players in the league i.e. Cam Newton. I remember growing up despising Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Steve Young yet loving guys like Barry Sanders Brett Favre, and Reggie White. Why is it such a big deal for people to dislike Cam? Honestly he should take it as a compliment.

And I completely understand why other fans would dislike Sherman and Wilson. However, I love those dudes because they're Hawks.

This has nothing to do with race (outside of people who hate him because they're in fact legit racist).

And noticed I used the word dislike and not hate? There's a difference. They only players that should garner hate are guys like Greg Hardy and Pacman Jones.

Largent80

Reaction score
Russell Wilson would never do these things that make Newton hated. Nor would Steve Largent. Just score on you and flip the ball to the official. It's called CLASS.

OP
OP
francois.nc

francois.nc

Reaction score
You guys are great, it just happens to be our turn, can't wait for the battles next year.

OP
OP
francois.nc

francois.nc

Reaction score
Largent80":2gmue4r3 said:
Russell Wilson would never do these things that make Newton hated. Nor would Steve Largent. Just score on you and flip the ball to the official. It's called CLASS.
At least he doesn't grab his jimmies on every TD he scores like someone I know...

Largent80

Reaction score
francois.nc":1281o80q said:
Largent80":1281o80q said:
At least he doesn't grab his jimmies on every TD he scores like someone I know...

If ya got em, grab em. I just didn't score a t.d. and I got a large handful. #24.

Steve2222

Reaction score
francois.nc":1l1d9u24 said:
Largent80":1l1d9u24 said:

I can understand why someone could dislike Marshawn Lynch....then again I can understand why someone could dislike Russell Wilson and I don't see any issue with it. It's why we're fans.

OP
OP
francois.nc

francois.nc

Reaction score
Largent80":1rxl5myy said:
He started dancing even more this year than past IMO because of Coach Braylon Beam, the 6 year old young man, that has been with the team since preseason and is battling cancer, Coach Beam likes to dance during Chemo treatments to take his mind off the disease.

OP
OP
francois.nc

francois.nc

Reaction score
I was just saying it appears guys like Sherman, and I believe I have heard some stuff from Thomas as well, that they actually like Cam, and have no issues with him what so ever.

Steve2222

Reaction score
francois.nc":r4l1qz7f said:
Largent80":r4l1qz7f said:
He started dancing even more this year than past IMO because of Coach Braylon Beam, the 6 year old young man, that has been with the team since preseason and is battling cancer, Coach Beam likes to dance during Chemo treatments to take his mind off the disease.

We get it. Cam and the Panthers are the only team that care about children.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
francois.nc":dae6l87k said:
Largent80":dae6l87k said:
Even if Cam's dance actually cures cancer, we're not going to like a rival team's QB. You're pushing a boulder uphill.