Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch opening up ‘Beast Mode’ store in Oa

ivotuk

Reaction score
If it starts off slow, he might come back to keep his name and brand in the news. Can almost guarantee he drags out retirement (if that's his plan) so that his name stays in the news. It's all about marketing :D

"The paper reports that Lynch “will return to his hometown Friday to cut the ribbon on his first official Beast Mode apparel store, opening in Old Oakland just two days before the Super Bowl kickoff in Santa Clara. The store will offer tops, sneakers, hats, and other fashion items, emblazoned with graphics depicting Lynch’s favorite icons.”"

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... n-oakland/

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I respect that Marshawn loves his hometown, but I will admit it's a bummer that it seems like he never really adopted Seattle to be his home like some of our other major star players. If/when he is no longer a Hawk, I highly doubt he is ever seen around Seattle again.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2kvwlelf said:
I respect that Marshawn loves his hometown, but I will admit it's a bummer that it seems like he never really adopted Seattle to be his home like some of our other major star players. If/when he is no longer a Hawk, I highly doubt he is ever seen around Seattle again.

If you moved somewhere else, would you adopt that city as your hometown in lieu of Seattle?

Basis4day

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1nr4nld1 said:

I work in Oakland. He's needed here. Seattle has plenty of celebrities willing to give back to their communities.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Basis4day":uhvx2iwc said:
ZagHawk":uhvx2iwc said:

I work in Oakland. He's needed here. Seattle has plenty of celebrities willing to give back to their communities.

I was born there....a long time ago! Lived in Alameda until I was six.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Marshawn seems very committed to making Oakland a better place. Good for him.

mrt144

Reaction score
ZagHawk":36bt9ovh said:

I'm from the Bay Area, I love Seattle and never want to leave but man, I get it with him. I have quite a few friends who haven't even moved a mile or two from where we grew up - California and the Bay Area for all its warts is a pretty great place to live if you can afford it which I think he can. Seattle ain't for everybody.

Rocket

Reaction score
I don't expect a huge market in Oakland for overpriced non-team football player merchandise.
What am I missing???
A Raider jersey is a Raider jersey forever, or at least 'till they move to Vegas, but a beast mode t-shirt?

mrt144

Reaction score
Rocket":2evywdvl said:
I don't expect a huge market in Oakland for overpriced non-team football player merchandise.
What am I missing???
A Raider jersey is a Raider jersey forever, or at least 'till they move to Vegas, but a beast mode t-shirt?

I bet you don't understand the appeal of rap music either, yet here we are in 2016.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rocket":2jrwssis said:
What am I missing???
Jordan doesn't play anymore, and people still buy his shoes. And underwear.

If he and his designer team make cool shit, people will buy it.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Could you imagine instead of a talking Elmo, a talking Marshawn Lynch?

And there'd be different models: Boss mode, Beast mode, Chill mode. Pull the string and get
random ML'isms. Heck yeah. I'd be all over that! Gotta have one for the office.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":kwa4ii8g said:
ZagHawk":kwa4ii8g said:

If you moved somewhere else, would you adopt that city as your hometown in lieu of Seattle?

You mean the one that wisped you away from mediocrity in a Buffalo Bills Uni, and helped put you on the map? :roll:

Rocket

Reaction score
mrt144":2v34h9q3 said:
I bet you don't understand the appeal of rap music either, yet here we are in 2016.
You lost.
Uniqueness and communication, imho. The message is in the words as it has been since long before anyone here, the rhythm is a classic accompaniment.
I prefer more melody in the vocals myself, but I see the appeal. You'd have to be deaf not to. Then again, much of the accompaniment is actually felt viscerally and not heard, so the deaf can appreciate it as well.

Rocket

Reaction score
Scottemojo":iuspvuf5 said:
If he and his designer team make cool shit, people will buy it.
Exactimundo, and the designer team needs to link the cool shit to the cool guy's profession. IMHO Sherman was successful but I don't like the aesthetically simple nature of the Beast Mode line. He's also sans lime, for the most part. His celebrity is his sport, yet the BM logo is sans sport.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1v4tbdzb said:
Kennedyin92":1v4tbdzb said:
ZagHawk":1v4tbdzb said:

You mean the one that wisped you away from mediocrity in a Buffalo Bills Uni, and helped put you on the map? :roll:

If I understand this correctly, you're implying that the Seahawks put Marshawn Lynch on the map?

I beg to differ and think maybe it was the other way around. Considering they were a run-first team when they went to back-to-back superbowls and Marshawn was pretty much the one doing the running.

Not to mention those two times he caused an earthquake....

Rob12

Reaction score
Yeah, it kind of makes sense.

Tell me one person that you associate with Oakland, California off the top of your head?

Al Davis? No.

It's Marshawn Lynch. Dude wants to become Oakland. Pretty obvious.