Marshawn intends to retire

pmedic920

Reaction score
c9c0e1d56b0fb097e42ceea06279d9f4.jpg

drrew

Reaction score
Good for him, leaves when still reasonably healthy and as the 3rd best Seahawk RB of all time.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Everybody knows that ML is going to retire. Come on, how could this be news?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
drrew":3h3cdidc said:
Good for him, leaves when still reasonably healthy and as the 3rd best Seahawk RB of all time.
3rd best? Lmao. This one part is a topic of its own. 3rd best :lol: :lol: :lol: um no..

Hendo66

Reaction score
ML is a Bad Ass. Thanks for the memories. Should of had one more TD...............

A

Anonymous

This makes me sad to see him hang up the cleats...but I'm grateful he's going out as a Seahawk. He definitely needs to be included in the Ring of Honor, and I for one, hope to never see anyone else don the number 24. One of my favorite players of all time. Thanks for everything, Marshawn.

blue 22

Reaction score
drrew":6svqjo1r said:

lol

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I found this interesting. I thought Lynch was a pretty big free spender with the new house, new cars, clothes, etc.

But it's easy to forget he has his own clothing line and a bunch of endorsements. He's apparently been very smart with his money so he should have a nice retirement. The houses and cars are all paid for, so he just gets to live off his NFL money. Good for him, he earned it.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/marshawn-lynch-reportedly-hasnt-spent-152823197.html

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":jfcfnflp said:
drrew":jfcfnflp said:
3rd best? Lmao. This one part is a topic of its own. 3rd best :lol: :lol: :lol: um no..

He could have been referring to statistically. He's got the 4th most rushing yards and 2nd most TDs.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Been a glorious run and am so thankful for the great show, ML. Enjoy a healthy retirement and come visit sometime.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Good for him. Why sacrifice your body when you're sitting on $50 million? Football has already done its job - it made him rich. Now he can enjoy the next 50 years.

Thanks for the memories. It was an absolute pleasure to watch him play every Sunday. We will never see another quite like him.

firebee

Reaction score
Marshawn is doing the Seahawks such a huge favor with his retiement. Instead of trying to figure out what to do with him in regards to his contract, releasing him or trading him; Marshawn just left 5 million guaranteed on the table and cleared 11 million in cap for the Seahawks. Granted, I imagine he wasn't or isn't thinking about that in regards to his retirement... or maybe he is. Regardless, it's a major offseason problem averted if he is retiring.

Ring of Honor and Future Hall of Famer. Beastquake belongs in Canton and 24 should definitely be retired in Seattle.

massari

Reaction score
firebee":111xvptz said:
Marshawn is doing the Seahawks such a huge favor with his retiement. Instead of trying to figure out what to do with him in regards to his contract, releasing him or trading him; Marshawn just left 5 million guaranteed on the table and cleared 11 million in cap for the Seahawks. Granted, I imagine he wasn't or isn't thinking about that in regards to his retirement... or maybe he is. Regardless, it's a major offseason problem averted if he is retiring.

Ring of Honor and Future Hall of Famer. Beastquake belongs in Canton and 24 should definitely be retired in Seattle.
Isn't he going to retire after he's released?

EDIT:Apparently if he retires, he'll owe the Hawks 2.5M + 9M in his guaranteed money. I don't think he'd be that crazy to walk away giving up 11.5M when he knows he's going to get released anyways. Unless they make an agreement to give him a job or something off the football field that'll pay him the 11.5M.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It was great while he lasted, but everybody knows that when you retire, one simply exchanges one set of problems for another.