The unsung hero of Superbowl 50 is . . .

McGruff

Reaction score
The Superbowl 48 champion Seattle Seahawks.

After going in with the best offense of all time, the Broncos got schooled by a dominating Seattle team featuring a lethal pass rush and lock down secondary. That offseason and the next they completely retooled their roster and philosophy and the result was what you saw today.

They played Seattle Seahawks formula football. They learned it from the best. Now the question is can Seattle retool and respond.

mrt144

Reaction score
McGruff":3ildvw0d said:

After going in with the best offense of all time, the Broncos got schooled by a dominating Seattle team featuring a lethal pass rush and lock down secondary. That offseason and the next they completely retooled their roster and philosophy and the result was what you saw today.

They played Seattle Seahawks formula football. They learned it from the best. Now the question is can Seattle retool and respond.

I want a dominant interior pass rusher so badly. We've got all the other pieces on D

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
mrt144":13w59uf8 said:
McGruff":13w59uf8 said:

I want a dominant interior pass rusher so badly. We've got all the other pieces on D

I agree after watching this game that the difference between 48, 50, and the Seahawks team today is a third pass rusher.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think it's really ironic that everyone is clamoring for all these offensive weapons, then Denver goes out against a high scoring offense, and brings a borderline historic defense and wins with our formula.

We don't need WR's, better RB's, or any other skill positions. Shore up the OL so Wilson doesn't get killed, and get some interior pass rush.

Seriously, the Giants won twice with pass rush. The Broncos just won with nothing but pass rush and a solid secondary. It really works.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawks46":1olhmtka said:
I think it's really ironic that everyone is clamoring for all these offensive weapons, then Denver goes out against a high scoring offense, and brings a borderline historic defense and wins with our formula.

We don't need WR's, better RB's, or any other skill positions. Shore up the OL so Wilson doesn't get killed, and get some interior pass rush.

Seriously, the Giants won twice with pass rush. The Broncos just won with nothing but pass rush and a solid secondary. It really works.

Who is clamoring for offensive weapons? I see a ton of people demanding OL and interior dline help.

sc85sis

Reaction score
What got me was CBS repeatedly talking about how Cam had never played against a D like that. Really? Um...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
McGruff":r3a2n38y said:

The biggest difference between us and them is that we actually had a much more balanced team. In other words, we had a respectable offense. This Denver team's O= :pukeface:
It would have been an utter route if they had any offense at all.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2exhc64i said:
I was gonna say Vontaze Burfict for killing all the Steeler players...

I think I like this one better.

Had himself quite a game vs Pitt

idahohawk

Reaction score
Surely you aren't comparing the SEA D of 2014 and 2015 with the DEN D. Not even close.

sc85sis":2isawd4p said:
What got me was CBS repeatedly talking about how Cam had never played against a D like that. Really? Um...

Optimus25

Reaction score
idahohawk":pvfyu9vy said:
Surely you aren't comparing the SEA D of 2014 and 2015 with the DEN D. Not even close.

sc85sis":pvfyu9vy said:

Please expound.

Optimus25

Reaction score
idahohawk":3k678xch said:

sc85sis":3k678xch said:

Cause i wouldn't believe you were speaking in the negative of the 2014 Seattle defense that held the kelvin Benjamin Panthers to three field goals, cam to 171 yds, and 0 tds with 1 INT.

I know you have no evidence for that statement in the negatory, but i just need clarification so i don't dismiss you as a legitimate sports fan.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":8pjf9di2 said:

sc85sis":8pjf9di2 said:

Say what now?

baumer64

Reaction score
sc85sis":2ivxn2qz said:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not this year's Seahawks but they've seen the last several year's versions.

Denver Defense was dominant today but I thought Cam looked like the old Cam we were used to seeing. Very inaccurate in 1st half on his passes.

Congrats to Denver but boy did it feel wrong rooting FOR Denver in a football game. Too many old AFC West memories I guess. Way back I even used to have a "Bronco Busters" T shirt.

Alexander

Reaction score
idahohawk":1g2lrumh said:

sc85sis":1g2lrumh said:

Carolina did face the 2013 version, which is comparable to Denver's defense this year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":mqygneje said:

Our Secondary has also taken a step back since SB 48.

hoxrox

Reaction score
For sure they had some takeaways from that game, but I'll give credit to Von Miller and Wade Phillips.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
hoxrox":35x9vuh7 said:
For sure they had some takeaways from that game, but I'll give credit to Von Miller and Wade Phillips.

Them is the sung heroes. Especially Miller. That might be the single best individual defensive effort in a Superbowl I've ever seen.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
McGruff":2d0xg9k4 said:
hoxrox":2d0xg9k4 said:

Them is the sung heroes. Especially Miller. That might be the single best individual defensive effort in a

Superbowl I've ever seen.
Our SB XLVIII D might have been the better overall package, but this year's Denver front 7 is other-worldly.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sc85sis":2h414r8n said:

Well to be fair, he hadn't played a defense like that this year.. and he faced the best defense we've ever put out in Week 1 of the 2013 season. So you could make a case that he hadn't seen a defense on the level of the Broncos defense tonight.