Will Seattle extend Pete Carroll this offseason?

Hollywood_N_Vine

Reaction score
Was wondering if the Hawks will extend Pete Carroll's contract this offseason. I believe his contract runs thru the 2016 season. Anyone hear anything on this? He turns 65 in September but I believe he still has 3-4 great years in him. Let's go JS/PA, give this man a new contract!!! :th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Last time, Schneider got quietly extended, then Carroll got his extension (IIRC). They are both due to expire after next season. I'd hope they would both get extended. The only reason for this not to happen would be if one or the other doesn't want it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kidhawk":12bbp87j said:
Last time, Schneider got quietly extended, then Carroll got his extension (IIRC). They are both due to expire after next season. I'd hope they would both get extended. The only reason for this not to happen would be if one or the other doesn't want it.

Agree. The Seahawks are going to try to extend them, and Paul Allen will pay them top dollar. The only way it doesn't happen is if JS or Pete have other plans in mind.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":27mxg8zz said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.

Back to back super bowls, then won a play off game. Hardly terrible. Can't make it to the big dance every year.

I always worry that Green Bay will snatch Schneider. Is the Packers GM's job safe? Also worry incase an LA team went for Carroll with the USC connections.

dogorama

Reaction score
Pete will coach the Seahawks until he is 70, creating the greatest legacy in NFL history, then he'll
spend the the next 30 years as a TV commentator. After that he'l just travel the world with his hot 35-year-old wife.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":12l2lgel said:
bjornanderson21":12l2lgel said:

Back to back super bowls, then won a play off game. Hardly terrible. Can't make it to the big dance every year.

I always worry that Green Bay will snatch Schneider. Is the Packers GM's job safe? Also worry incase an LA team went for Carroll with the USC connections.

I agree their drafts have gotten progressively worse the more time has passed since Pete's recruiting days. We had a bit of an uptick this last draft but we have not replaced talent the past few seasons like we did from 2010 - 2012 when the roster was rebuilt from scratch. 2013 and 2014 were especially abysmal and we are currently feeling the pain of those failures with lack of depth throughout the roster and lack of talent at some starting positions, especially on offense. We need a solid draft this year without getting cute with splash trades or pigeonholing a guy we want and trading back nine times to get him, passing over good players in the process.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well our drafts getting further from Petes recruiting days have evened out more with the rest of the league, going forward John and the Scouts are going to be earning their paychecks more and more.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hollywood_N_Vine":aw269z90 said:
Was wondering if the Hawks will extend Pete Carroll's contract this offseason. I believe his contract runs thru the 2016 season. Anyone hear anything on this? He turns 65 in September but I believe he still has 3-4 great years in him. Let's go JS/PA, give this man a new contract!!! :th2thumbs:
I'm thinking it's totally up to Pete. I hope he has 5 more years but who knows?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1drbg074 said:
Never change dude you are so entertaining.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Committing for another 3-5 years to a 65 year old coach usually isn't that bright of an idea. Two factors change that though. First off Pete may be 65 but he looks 50 and acts 30, he should be fine coaching another 5 years. We also shouldn't forget the success Pete brought us. We've experienced our best period of Football under him and he even got us a ring. The only reason you step away from a man like that is if he can't or doesn't want to coach anymore.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Overseasfan":hgj9xpdm said:
Committing for another 3-5 years to a 65 year old coach usually isn't that bright of an idea. Two factors change that though. First off Pete may be 65 but he looks 50 and acts 30, he should be fine coaching another 5 years. We also shouldn't forget the success Pete brought us. We've experienced our best period of Football under him and he even got us a ring. The only reason you step away from a man like that is if he can't or doesn't want to coach anymore.

Exactly!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks can actually save on his health care package now since he qualifies for Medicare. But I heard through the grapevine that he doesn't want to start dipping into his 401K until he's 68. So there you go .... 3 more years!! :sarcasm_off:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":jt04wwwb said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years

Completely disagree with this.

They had a totally unrivaled competitive advantage by having all of their talent on rookie contracts, and IMO have probably done much better than most people expected in locking up that core and keeping their window open. It's not that they've gotten worse, it's just that there jobs have gotten much, much, much harder (dealing with the cap; having their coaches and mid-tier starters picked off each off-season because they're good, etc.)

If you were expecting them to be consistently landing All Pros in the later rounds throughout their tenure with the Hawks the problem is simply that your expectations were unrealistic and way too high.

I'd be very surprised if they're not both extended by August.

sutz

Reaction score
Popeyejones":35iy6kw8 said:
bjornanderson21":35iy6kw8 said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years

Completely disagree with this.

They had a totally unrivaled competitive advantage by having all of their talent on rookie contracts, and IMO have probably done much better than most people expected in locking up that core and keeping their window open. It's not that they've gotten worse, it's just that there jobs have gotten much, much, much harder (dealing with the cap; having their coaches and mid-tier starters picked off each off-season because they're good, etc.)

If you were expecting them to be consistently landing All Pros in the later rounds throughout their tenure with the Hawks the problem is simply that your expectations were unrealistic and way too high.

I'd be very surprised if they're not both extended by August.
I bet it hurt to type that.

:twisted:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol:

Nah, not at all. Why would it?

If I were some closeted irrational Seahawks hater I wouldn't be posting here to begin with.

(Although I get it. Fan boards are for homers, so if you're not a homer some of the people who the board is made for are inevitably gonna think you're a hater).

mrt144

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2juqnfkl said:

You are the worst. A factory of negative opinions

dogorama

Reaction score
this thread is so bizzarre, 4 straight years in the running for a super bowl. he has built a dynasty out of a very mediocre franchise. do you know what most of the rest of the nfl would give for
r that? wake up and smell the coffee.

Latest posts