Marshawn Tribute Article

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I know the guy bowed out gracefully, but shouldn't we have a sticky for where all the Marshawn Lynch Tribute and Memory Lane articles go?

It feels like considering how he might be one of the greatest Seahawks ever, there should almost be a shrine to the guy and all I see are a couple of scattered threads on him.

Can we just put all the articles and videos in one place so that everyone can enjoy them or did we already do that and I missed it?

http://mashable.com/2016/02/08/marshawn ... 5xLan9i5qs

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Smashing idea,Twisted !

What Marshawn Lynch meant to the Seahawks, their fans and me by Danny Kelly

BfwJYYICMAIrMFj

What Lynch has meant to the fans

There's a common refrain that you see and hear around Seattle and in the Seahawks' blogosphere: "Marshawn Lynch is a treasure."

It's not lost on Seahawks fans that the Lynch era has been a golden age not only in terms of success, but in richness of character among the players. There's brash and cocksure Richard Sherman, the certifiably crazy and ruthless Earl Thomas, the hilarious Michael Bennett, the unapologetic Bruce Irvin. That's not even mentioning Jimmy Graham, Brandon Mebane, Kam Chancellor or Doug Baldwin.

All of those names pale in comparison to Lynch, though. Lynch is larger than life. He's weird. He's a rebel. He thumbs his nose at the league. He thumbs his nose at the media. He's funny. He's serious. He's unpredictable. He's legitimately a sports and cultural icon.

Fans ultimately took on the persona that Lynch brought to the Seahawks. There's a chip on their shoulders. There's an "us against the world" mentality. Lynch was integral in taking the Seahawks from the underdog to top dog in just a few years.

He played with a style never before seen in Seattle. Everything he did on the field had the Marshawn Lynch flair. He's stiff-arm posterized more dudes than just about anyone in NFL history. He does the kind of subtly cool sh*** you wish you could do on the field.

D2Rvght

He actively tries to get under the skin of rivals.

What Lynch has meant to me

I love all that stuff. I do. But the thing that I love the most about Lynch is that in addition to all the eccentricity and swagger he brings to the table, he's also one of the most technically proficient, smart and natural running backs I've ever watched. Scratch that -- maybe I shouldn't say natural, because some of the things he does on the field are seriously just unnatural. He's got amazing feet, incredible explosiveness and an uncanny ability to absorb and redirect contact.

Maybe some of that apparent unnatural mass and density -- which allows him to plow through multiple defenders with impunity -- comes from an almost-mythological story of Lynch's nine months in his mother's womb.

Delisa Lynch, Marshawn's mother, was told during her pregnancy that her son had absorbed the placenta of a twin brother and that fetus had been nourished by both in utero.

The midwife told her at the time -- and I'm not making this up -- to not be surprised if Marshawn turned out to be an "amazingly strong child."

So, Lynch's real-life graphic novel origin story is that he was born with the strength of two men. He's used his inherited powers almost purely for good. Well, for the good of the Seahawks, anyway.

This is a long article, but trust me, it's worth it! :th2thumbs: