By the Numbers - Sheil Kapadia

ivotuk

Reaction score
Every week during the offseason, we'll look at three Seattle Seahawks numbers that matter.

5: The number of running backs since the merger who have run for at least 800 yards and averaged at least 5.5 yards per carry in their rookie seasons.

Franco Harris did it in 1972. He's in the Hall of Fame.

Adrian Peterson reached those marks in 2007, and he's headed to Canton.

Clinton Portis (2002) and

Maurice Jones-Drew (2006) were both Pro Bowlers and had productive careers.

Man I love Pete Carroll.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... omas-rawls

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The run game us in very good hands with Rawls IMO assuming health. But that could be said about any player/position. Kid has really good vision, a trait nearly all the good ones have.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ah, I missed the rookie season clause. Was thinking he missed CJ Spiller who rushed for 1200 at 6.0 YPC back in '12.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I still don't understand how Rawls went undrafted. He's the second best back from the 2015 draft class behind Gurley. In hindsight he would've been picked in the first or at the very latest in the second. Crazy how the Hawks manage to find these guys again and again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1prba1y4 said:
I still don't understand how Rawls went undrafted. He's the second best back from the 2015 draft class behind Gurley. In hindsight he would've been picked in the first or at the very latest in the second. Crazy how the Hawks manage to find these guys again and again.

Small school, the value at the RB position is very low, and there was some off the field stuff with Rawls wasn't there ? Was he the purse snatcher ?

He also looks a bit smaller/fitter and more explosive than he did in college and even in OTC's for us. Some of his tape looked like a bigger Forsett to me: great vision, good technique but always one step to slow to break big runs regularly.

The Hawks knew what they had, and I also wonder why no one used a 6th or 7th to draft the kid, but when you think about it, there is so many guys GM's look at with those late rounds picks that the draft gets very diluted.

kearly

Reaction score
Of that list, I think Clinton Portis comes the closest.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Overseasfan":ej1qyo45 said:
It's too bad the Hawks have been average or below average in the draft 3 years in a row, though.

Erebus

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1el2pww2 said:
Overseasfan":1el2pww2 said:
It's too bad the Hawks have been average or below average in the draft 3 years in a row, though.

This is getting old and has nothing to do with the thread. I read what you wrote, before seeing the author, and I instantly knew who it was.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Erebus":2rfa11hm said:
bjornanderson21":2rfa11hm said:
Overseasfan":2rfa11hm said:

This is getting old and has nothing to do with the thread. I read what you wrote, before seeing the author, and I instantly knew who it was.
Ditto, Richard Cranium.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawks46":2r75xohn said:
Overseasfan":2r75xohn said:

Small school, the value at the RB position is very low, and there was some off the field stuff with Rawls wasn't there ? Was he the purse snatcher ?

He also looks a bit smaller/fitter and more explosive than he did in college and even in OTC's for us. Some of his tape looked like a bigger Forsett to me: great vision, good technique but always one step to slow to break big runs regularly.

The Hawks knew what they had, and I also wonder why no one used a 6th or 7th to draft the kid, but when you think about it, there is so many guys GM's look at with those late rounds picks that the draft gets very diluted.

Look at his Wikipedia info, he was the hardest recruit Michigan went after, was doing well and on pace to possibly break some records there, That's saying a lot for that school, then something happened and he fell out of favor, then the troubles and then a transfer request granted and he went to Central.

Michigan doesn't go hard after guys that are fringe and or average players at the RB position. He is listed from Central Michigan but his pedigree is Michigan stock, he had baggage, enough that everyone didn't use a draft pick on him.

I don't think we will know the whole story but I am sure Pete does, his second chance at life appears to be going will here in Seattle.

Atradees

Reaction score
Yes....alot to be excited about in Rawls. I love his head drown and grinding it out!

What was the nature of his injury? Was it just an ankle fracture or was there also ligament damage?

It surpised me that I havent seen any theories on .Net about the hit he got injured with. Watchin that game; seemed like he

was hit kinda dirty and rolled up on.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":29fb7bbm said:
Overseasfan":29fb7bbm said:

??? I dont understand this comment.
BTW the draft is knowing who to sign and WHEN to sign. By waiting to get Rawls undrafted then we could use picks for others. But I guess that doesn't count.