Seahawks Signing CFL WR Jeff Fuller

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Scott Mitchell of the Calgary Sun and Herald reports that the Seahawks are signing CFL WR Jeff Fuller to a contract on Thursday.

Fuller, 25, wound up signing on with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M back in 2012. He was unable to make the 53-man roster during his rookie season, but was later added to their practice squad before returning to the team on a future/reserve deal.

Unfortunately, Fuller was once again among their roster cuts coming out of the preseason in 2013.

The Calgary Stampeders later signed him to a contract in 2013 and he’s been with the team ever since.

In 2015, Fuller recorded 47 receptions for 619 yards receiving and three touchdowns for the Stampeders.
[url=http://nfltraderumors.co/seahawks-signing-cfl/]http://nfltraderumors.co/seahawks-signing-cfl/[/url]

Could be interesting...or not.
Listed at 6'4"- 225#

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
One of the few times I can give you guys insight :). I cheer for one of their biggest rivals (I am talking Rams , Niners type hate here). He was a pain to have on the other team. Good size and speed and great hands. He caught anything near him. There was a highlight reel catch in week 1 that I wish I could find to post a link. IMO he was better than Mathews was up here.

The only negative I can say about him is that he got hurt both seasons he was up here and missed time. Teams hear were watiing to see what happened in the NFL as he would have had a lot of interest had he come back.

Hawks also signed a running back named Cam Marshall who played here. That one surprised me. He didn't strike me as anything special. Some people in the fan base of the team he played for (Winnipeg) said it was the OC's fault for underutilizing him.

chris98251

Reaction score
We only have Rawls under contract, getting bodies signed for camp and hoping maybe to get a diamond in the rough at the same time as we pursue contracts for others may be the case here. 3 weeks really before we see things really start to shake out.

pugs1

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2z034w5n said:
One of the few times I can give you guys insight :). I cheer for one of their biggest rivals (I am talking Rams , Niners type hate here). He was a pain to have on the other team. Good size and speed and great hands. He caught anything near him. There was a highlight reel catch in week 1 that I wish I could find to post a link. IMO he was better than Mathews was up here.

The only negative I can say about him is that he got hurt both seasons he was up here and missed time. Teams hear were watiing to see what happened in the NFL as he would have had a lot of interest had he come back.

Hawks also signed a running back named Cam Marshall who played here. That one surprised me. He didn't strike me as anything special. Some people in the fan base of the team he played for (Winnipeg) said it was the OC's fault for underutilizing him.

I've got a friend who follows the CFL closely and he said Winnipeg's OL was garbage FWIW.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the quest to find a tall WR continues. ;)

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm all for kicking the tires on anybody but these CFL receivers seldom turn out to be anything. There is a reason they are playing in Canada.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
pugs1":3g31949l said:
HawkRiderFan":3g31949l said:

I've got a friend who follows the CFL closely and he said Winnipeg's OL was garbage FWIW.

He's right.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":qhchn6d9 said:
Good size and speed and great hands. He caught anything near him... he got hurt both seasons he was up here and missed time.

He should fit right in here then.

-bsd

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2unfpemb said:

I just watched a bunch of hi th lights of Marshall, and honestly he looks a lot like Marshawn in his running style. Probably more so that any back I've seen. What I watch for in a running back is the feet. And Marshall, like Marshawn, has very quick feet that are always moving bu never far off the ground. Now, he doesn't have Marshawn wide base, but his feet are really quick.

He was timed as a 4.5 speed guy, but I doubt that. But the style of running he uses never looks fast. Still he looks slow to me. But I'm kind of excited to see him run.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2iprtj4x said:

Awesome post, man. I appreciate it.

canfan

Reaction score
pugs1":ijf1nruj said:
HawkRiderFan":ijf1nruj said:

That's been a safe statement for a decade! Marshall is listed at 5' 11" and 211 lbs, so he is bigger than I thought he was. Good acceleration through the hole, but not much wiggle after and lacking breakaway speed. He seems to have decent hands, so if he can block decently he may have a shot as a 3rd down back.