Seahawks sign RB Cameron Marshall

Hawknight

Reaction score
http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Seahawks- ... m=facebook

247 Sports.com
02/12/16

The Seahawks made their second signing of the day with running back Cameron Marshall being added to the fold, according to the Seattle Times' Bob Condotta.

Marshall makes the 20th free agent that the team has brought in since their season ended and the second signing of the day after reportedly adding wide receiver Jeff Fuller earlier. Fuller's signing has since been made official by the organization.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

McGruff

Reaction score
I said it in another thread, but I watched both Collegend and CFL highlights, and he runs with a similar style to Marshawn. It's not a running style you see often. The best to describe it is "choppy". Really fast feet that are always moving and low to the ground. It adds to the power and creates a base that is hard to knock over. He doesn't have Marshawn's wide stance, but he shows good power and balance.

Like Marshawn, he looks slower than he probably is. I'm kind of excited to see what he can do.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Considering how poorly the Dolphins have utilized RBs the last few seasons, not a bad flyer.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Something I notice in the highlights, he doesn't go out of bounds just like Rawls

pehawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2j9vrrbo said:
Considering how poorly the Dolphins have utilized RBs the last few seasons, not a bad flyer.

Philbin presser thurs incognito

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Do we now have a scout that was on the Dolphins in 2012 or something?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
pehawk":1le03gld said:
Our Man in Chicago":1le03gld said:

Philbin presser thurs incognito

I guess, to be fair, Lamar Miller did have 1099 yards in 2014, but only after a freak 179-yard game - highlighted by a 97-yard run - in the last game of the season. Last year saw the Dolphins forcing the game through the air, even as Tannehill was clearly not together. Until their OC swap in the middle of the season, Miller was getting 12 carries or less/gm.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":28cde3wy said:
I said it in another thread, but I watched both Collegend and CFL highlights, and he runs with a similar style to Marshawn. It's not a running style you see often. The best to describe it is "choppy". Really fast feet that are always moving and low to the ground. It adds to the power and creates a base that is hard to knock over. He doesn't have Marshawn's wide stance, but he shows good power and balance.

Like Marshawn, he looks slower than he probably is. I'm kind of excited to see what he can do.

I just watched some highlights on youtube and it's definitely a unique running style. He's powerful and stout, runs through tackles and can spin then be back up to speed in a heartbeat.

I LOL'd at his NFL stats:

http://www.nfl.com/player/cameronmarshall/2539199/profile

CAREER STATSMORE
This player does not have any statistics...

Not one run while in Miami. I can't see that as his fault.

His running style doesn't really remind me of any other player, but I think "choppy" covers part of it. To me it looks weird, like his knees are always out in front of him, never underneath his body, or behind it. And it seems like he generates power from his midsection down to his knees. I can't really describe it, but I believe if he's coached up, he could be another good find.

Another link: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/2/11/109 ... n-marshall

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dude has some stumps for legs. CFL training might be just what he needed. It's strange to watch 3 or 4 receivers running towards the LOS prior to the snap.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nothing really screams excitement...I watched his highlights and nothing stuck out to me. He can run over guys, mainly DBs, but can he move a 8-10 man pile like Beastmode? None of the highlights I saw showed that.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Yeah, he looks like camp fodder. But of course, I will be rooting for him to improve.

JKent82

Reaction score
ivotuk":ar3e9jct said:
Dude has some stumps for legs. CFL training might be just what he needed. It's strange to watch 3 or 4 receivers running towards the LOS prior to the snap.

Question for CFL fans out there, can only receiver numbers run towards the line of scrimmage or something? Watching all three receiver run out and then dumping the pass off to a running back behind them makes me imagine putting offensive lineman out as eligible receivers and letting them maul people.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
JKent82":272bn5nr said:
ivotuk":272bn5nr said:

Question for CFL fans out there, can only receiver numbers run towards the line of scrimmage or something? Watching all three receiver run out and then dumping the pass off to a running back behind them makes me imagine putting offensive lineman out as eligible receivers and letting them maul people.

Pretty much everone besides the offensive linemen can be in motion. Towards the line, more than one person at a time, no need to be set before the snap....you just have to have one receiver lined up on the line at the snap. The others can all be in motion.

It's the biggest challenge defensive back have when they come to Canada after playing in the U.S. all their lives, particularly the two guys playing inside. With the extra player you line up with 2 WR and 2 inside guys (called slot backs). The two inside defensive backs are called halfbacks. The halfs have get used to receivers getting a running start at them on the snap (called the "waggle"), With the wider field, the receiver has lots of room to go to either side. I would go as far as to say half is harder to play than corner here.

I know it gets mocked a lot in general in the U.S., and there is no doubt the more talented players play in the NFL. But it was the game where I first got introduced to football. I just love football and watch both NFL and CFL. The big advantage is my off-season only goes from Feb to end of May :)

cheese22

Reaction score
He reminds me of Mike Tolbert. He is deceptively quick and fast. Could the plan be to move him to fullback?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
cheese22":2zw41ztp said:
He reminds me of Mike Tolbert. He is deceptively quick and fast. Could the plan be to move him to fullback?

Sure wouldn't be the first time Pete has moved a player around....in fact, he may even lead the League in doing so!!