Come back, Beast.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Best tribute I've seen so far. I can't lie, I want Beast, Rawls, CMike for the 16-17 season. This can, and should happen.

[youtube]h23R87xNs0E[/youtube]

2_0_6

Reaction score
If retirement in creeping into your mind while playing in the NFL, you have lost your edge.

Hes done.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":8jlbbkuc said:
If retirement in creeping into your mind while playing in the NFL, you have lost your edge.

Hes done.

I don't imagine that Marshawn is a flip-flopper like some players we've seen previously, and honestly I don't think he has anything left. Even in the games he played this year he was a shadow of himself.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
This might not be a tribute video, but it's hilarious...

[youtube]Y19n6b8wpwM[/youtube]

King Dog

Reaction score
UDFA Rawls looked way better than Lynch did at any time during this season. Congrats on the retirement Beast - awesome run!

Rob12

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3u4o9lay said:
Hawk_Nation":3u4o9lay said:

Hes done.

I don't imagine that Marshawn is a flip-flopper like some players we've seen previously, and honestly I don't think he has anything left. Even in the games he played this year he was a shadow of himself.

2015 wasn't a barometer for Marshawn's current skill level. The injuries are concerning, sure. But he looked damn good against SF in their house.

The early struggles of the offensive line didn't help.

I think the opinion of the sheer skills demise is greatly exaggerated.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rob12":1i9qh8lr said:
Kennedyin92":1i9qh8lr said:
Hawk_Nation":1i9qh8lr said:

Hes done.

2015 wasn't a barometer for Marshawn's current skill level. The injuries are concerning, sure. But he looked damn good against SF in their house.

The early struggles of the offensive line didn't help.

I think the opinion of the sheer skills demise is greatly exaggerated.

I agree Rob12. I believe that this season was a wash for him due to the sports hernia surgery. Had he stayed healthy all year he may be a 10,000+ yard career rusher right now.

I want him to come back so he can surpass the 10,000 yard mark. Even with his injury issues last season, he played 7 games and had 417 yards. He could have well had 1000 yards rushing had he been able to play more.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
You just don't pay the amount that he would demand when you have a Thomas Rawls waiting in the wings at about 1/20 the cost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I would love to see Marshawn come back next season.

He can raise the 12 flag during the playoffs

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1tetaolj said:
Hawk_Nation":1tetaolj said:

Hes done.

You better be careful saying stuff like that.

There a lot of people on here who think Lynch is the best in the NFL with another 2 or 3 years left.

But you are 100% correct. He was a shadow of his former self and injuries took their toll on him.

The Seahawks played better WITHOUT Lynch this year. He was a lot of fun to watch, and he will always be 10 times the RB that Shaun Alexander was (to me at least) but there comes a time where the player just doesn't have it anymore and it's time to move on.

If Lynch comes back next year he would probably be injured again. He would probably be our 3rd best RB.

How much is an injured 3rd RB worth?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
King Dog":dx60y1bp said:
UDFA Rawls looked way better than Lynch did at any time during this season. Congrats on the retirement Beast - awesome run!

I thought his first name was Thomas?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Life is full of hello's and goodbyes. It just so happens, that now is another one of those times for a goodbye.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4ft8jcx1 said:
I would love to see Marshawn come back next season.

He can raise the 12 flag during the playoffs
I agree with this! I love Lynch but I'm ready to see the offense opened up a little. I fought the thought that Rawls might actually be able to step in last year but he did. He hit the holes harder and faster than Lynch last year so he was more successful. Rawls might not ever be the back Lynch is but I'm ready to see since it is a big cap savings! I hope to see Marshawn in the ring of honor very soon.

captSE

Reaction score
I believe his announcement about retiring was premature - kind of jammed himself. I believe he is much better than what we seen from him this year given the circumstance's others have already said. He is certainly better than CM today. O-line should be better and beneficial at the start of 2016. I think Rawls benefited knowing the beast was there and coming back and put himself in a I-better-do-this-mode. So the beast was a innocent motivator.

I hope he changes his mind and comes back.

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't really care how good he is / isn't. The dollars aren't worth it vs shifting more on the back of RW and getting O-line help

Lynch's retirement helps the team

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I have no doubt he still has some gas left in the tank and that the injuries and O-line were the major causes of his lack of production vs him actually degrading. BUT agreed with the other posts, time to move on, especially at his cost in salary cap as well as cementing that this is now RW's team.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
He can't come back, I already ordered me one of these
ThankYouCleats zpsdutijws4

edogg23

Reaction score
Let the man retire as the beast with some semblance of health left.