710 Tue-NFL salary cap expected increase $143 to $155 mill

ivotuk

Reaction score
ORIGINALLY AIRED: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2016

The NFL salary cap is expected to increase from $143 to $155 million - what does that mean for the Seahawks and their own free agents? Brock and Salk discuss the implications in Need To Know and John Clayton's Morning Drive.

In Blue 42, Brock Huard answers: How do HGH allegations and settlements from 20 years ago affect both Peyton Manning's image and possible next steps in his career?

Can Matt Forte fit in this Seahawks offense? What should we watch for over next few weeks as salary cap projections grow?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Friday, February 12, 2016

With Tarvaris Jackson reportedly planning to hit the free agent market, John Clayton talks about how he sees the Seahawks' backup QB situation shaking out.

Doug Baldwin had a career year with the Seahawks last season. Should the team go ahead and give him a raise and extension before he hits free agency?

In "Sweeping the Dial" the guys talk about Klay Thompson and his time at WSU, Bryce Harper thinking $400 million might be short-changing him, and Jim Harbaugh spent $135,000 on private jets for recruits.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

The New Tribune Seahawks writer Gregg Bell on Seattle's offseason priorities

ORIGINALLY AIRED: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2016

Gregg Bell, Seahawks beat writer for The News Tribune, joins "Danny, Dave and Moore" to explain why the O-line needs to be the main priority in free agency.

Which Seahawks position will have the greatest fall-off in replacement? Which player is the most critical for the Seahawks to re-sign?

Should Tavaris Jackson come back as backup QB or should the Seahawks look outside the organization?

Plus, we hear some gems from Bill Walton and Jeff Pasch during last night's Cal/Oregon game

Overseasfan

Reaction score
155 million would be great. It's not much higher than expected but it's still higher than Overthecap's 150 million or even Sportrac's 154 million. More room is always appreciated.

chet380

Reaction score
What percentage of the average owner's gross football income does the $155 million represent?

Basis4day

Reaction score
chet380":2h2yc942 said:
What percentage of the average owner's gross football income does the $155 million represent?

The salary cap is adjusted annually bases on the league's shared revenue.

The packers disclosed 233ish million last july, so the shared league revenue was around 7+ billion dollars.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Gregg Bell "Bennett played hurt, in the locker room his big toe was almost 90 degrees to the rest of his foot. It was grotesque."

I really hope they can find a way to give him a raise, without opening themselves up for criticism. Although if it was me, I'd have a press conference and just say "I've discussed this with John Schneider, the coaches, and the training staff, and because Michael Bennett has played so well, played hurt, and not missed any games, due to a hold out or injury, we've decided to reward him by moving his bonuses and some of next year's money in to this year."

"While we generally discourage contract talks when they have more than 1 year remaining, in this case, we, and many of Michael's team mates, feel that Michael Bennett has earned it."

That's just me though.

I don't know what Pete and John are going to do, but I hope it's something like that.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
ivotuk":3u3ky43e said:
Gregg Bell "Bennett played hurt, in the locker room his big toe was almost 90 degrees to the rest of his foot. It was grotesque."

I really hope they can find a way to give him a raise, without opening themselves up for criticism. Although if it was me, I'd have a press conference and just say "I've discussed this with John Schneider, the coaches, and the training staff, and because Michael Bennett has played so well, played hurt, and not missed any games, due to a hold out or injury, we've decided to reward him by moving his bonuses and some of next year's money in to this year."

"While we generally discourage contract talks when they have more than 1 year remaining, in this case, we, and many of Michael's team mates, feel that Michael Bennett has earned it."

That's just me though.

I don't know what Pete and John are going to do, but I hope it's something like that.
Bennett is the only guy on the team who deserves it, for the reasons you mentioned AND because he helped us out at first by signing "cheap".

If they give a raise to anyone else under contract it will look bad and won't help the team in any way.

While giving Bennett more than they NEED TO doesn't make the team any better, i don't think anyone on the Hawks can feel butthurt about it, unlike some of the bad contracts the team has given out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":mc6tuq9v said:

That's just me though.

Just venturing a speculation here, I'm betting that John & Co. have already spoken to Bennett about his next Contract, and that he's in the works for a nice fat bonus,..... he's sure as hell earned one IMHO.
If he gets anywhere close to 100% healthy, he's going to be a monster, and Schneider knows it.