This Walter Jones tribute video is a must see

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
It wasn’t that long ago that the Seahawks had one of the best tackles to ever play the game. Walter Jones was more than just a mauler, he was extremely sharp and understood the game on a level that none of Seattle’s current linemen do. Since today is Thursday, let’s pay tribute to number 71 with a throwback video.

Read more at http://cover32.com/2016/02/18/tbt-why-t ... tUmrdfq.99

[youtube]ioB8aGWyd0Y[/youtube]

Rob12

Reaction score
Great video!

Best Seahawk ever. We'll see if anyone from this era can overtake him, but it's all a tall task.

Best LT the NFL has ever seen.

That block at 3:00 is the most dominating block I've ever seen in 26 years of watching football. Here's a different angle - just shows you how badly he owned Rucker on that play. Insane.

[youtube]Nd-BSrVsRDs[/youtube]

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Walter The Dominant. Maybe the best to ever do it. How lucky we (and Shaun and Hass) were to have him. Thanks for sharing.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Gives me chills to see all of the elite players he manhandled. IMO, he has no peer to this day. I remember Walt and Hutch every time we face the Rams. Fisher would be scratching his head.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Walter-Jones-017031706.jpg

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I thought it was terrible. Just close ups of his face and blocking. Need more actual game film on it. Reminds me of 70's 80's nfl films.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":10np70he said:

Best. Workout. Ever.

I started doing it after reading about him doing it and it was one of the best exercises I've ever done in terms of noticing gains in explosiveness.

All you need to do is about 3-5 pushes of 60-80 yards and literally your whole body is burning.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":w6ogz7sr said:
Mistashoesta":w6ogz7sr said:

Best. Workout. Ever.

I started doing it after reading about him doing it and it was one of the best exercises I've ever done in terms of noticing gains in explosiveness.

All you need to do is about 3-5 pushes of 60-80 yards and literally your whole body is burning.
This is a two person workout.

One person does the heavy working and the other relax and steer.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":31yeaxco said:
SeaToTheHawks":31yeaxco said:
Mistashoesta":31yeaxco said:

Best. Workout. Ever.

This is a two person workout.

One person does the heavy working and the other relax and steer.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3nzufk82 said:
I simply wish that our present Left Tackles were 50% as good as Walter....yep, I said 50%!!!!!!!

Well, yeah. 50% would at least start every game and make a couple of pro bowls. Okung is a joke compared to Walt. Walt was in the conversation as the greatest LT of all time, and was easily the best of his era. He was also the first HoFer from his draft class.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Remember that he so totally dominated a Pro Biwl DE, Patrick Kearny of the Falcons, that Kezrny quit playing in the middle of the third quarter and refused to go back into the game. That's domination on a level rarely seen in sports.

kpak76

Reaction score
Maulbert":8o4i8hmc said:
Bigpumpkin":8o4i8hmc said:
I simply wish that our present Left Tackles were 50% as good as Walter....yep, I said 50%!!!!!!!

Well, yeah. 50% would at least start every game and make a couple of pro bowls. Okung is a joke compared to Walt. Walt was in the conversation as the greatest LT of all time, and was easily the best of his era. He was also the first HoFer from his draft class.

I'd argue his era had the best LT's of all time. Orlando Pace played and he was fantastic. During those greatest show on turf years he was every bit as good as big Walt. I also seem to remember there was another HoF worthy LT in the AFC during those times too but I can't think of who it is.

Imagine Beast running behind Walt. Beast would probably break the rushing record if he had the fortune to play behind Walt and Hutch. Shaun isn't even half the RB Beast is.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kpak76":31fdmh4t said:
Maulbert":31fdmh4t said:
Bigpumpkin":31fdmh4t said:

I'd argue his era had the best LT's of all time. Orlando Pace played and he was fantastic. During those greatest show on turf years he was every bit as good as big Walt. I also seem to remember there was another HoF worthy LT in the AFC during those times too but I can't think of who it is.

Imagine Beast running behind Walt. Beast would probably break the rushing record if he had the fortune to play behind Walt and Hutch. Shaun isn't even half the RB Beast is.
You're likely thinking of Jonathon Ogden of the Ravens. He, Walt and Pace are all in the HOF and most deservedly so. I disagree that Pace was Walt's equal but he was very close. Really between the three it's splitting hairs, and I fully admit I'm prejudiced as Walt is one of my all-time favorite football players.

Rob12

Reaction score
Saying Walt is the best LT of all time does not mean you have Seahawks colored glasses on.

"Best left tackles ever" inputted into Google, and Walt's is the first picture that shows up.

Honestly, I think Munoz and Walt are 1a and 1b, and there's some others that are close. But if I'm starting a franchise in the present day NFL, and I have my pick of every LT that has ever put on the shoulder pads, I'm picking Walt. He was absolutely dominant.

Watch that video I posted (have to watch it on YouTube) of Walt driving Rucker (55.5 career sacks, one of the better DE's in the league at the time) 20 yards back and then pancaking him inside the 5. You just don't see that level of dominance in today's (or past) LT's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rob12":1edy6x4i said:
Saying Walt is the best LT of all time does not mean you have Seahawks colored glasses on.

"Best left tackles ever" inputted into Google, and Walt's is the first picture that shows up.

Honestly, I think Munoz and Walt are 1a and 1b, and there's some others that are close. But if I'm starting a franchise in the present day NFL, and I have my pick of every LT that has ever put on the shoulder pads, I'm picking Walt. He was absolutely dominant.

Watch that video I posted (have to watch it on YouTube) of Walt driving Rucker (55.5 career sacks, one of the better DE's in the league at the time) 20 yards back and then pancaking him inside the 5. You just don't see that level of dominance in today's (or past) LT's.

I agree. Pace may have been one of the most technically sound LT's of his era, but he was not Walt's equal. Walt was dominating in all areas of both run and pass blocking, with an added bonus you could not teach. Power and agility combined with lightning quick feet/balance made him almost impossible to beat. In the rare instance somebody got a jump on him, his recovery was so quick that it didn't matter. Such a shame he never notched a SB win.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He needed a bigger helmet!

The man was so nimble for such a huge being! I Loved Walters personality too. It's too bad we didn't see more of it, because his fellow players said Big Walt was a funny man :D

He didn't get to notch his own Superb Owl win, but he rejoiced in 48. :)

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3g6w046h said:
Remember that he so totally dominated a Pro Biwl DE, Patrick Kearny of the Falcons, that Kezrny quit playing in the middle of the third quarter and refused to go back into the game. That's domination on a level rarely seen in sports.

I will go to my grave convinced that the #1 reason that Kearny signed with us as a free agent is so that he would not have to play against Walter Jones on Sundays.

Walter Jones is the best LT in the history of the NFL. He was technical enough to play today, he was powerful enough to play yesterday, and he was tough enough to dominate for 10 years.

If I were putting together an all-time fantasy NFL team of any players from any era, I'd take Walter Jones first. That dominating of an LT can simply make the entire team.

sam1313

Reaction score
HawkinNY":8p0sh0u0 said:
I thought it was terrible. Just close ups of his face and blocking. Need more actual game film on it. Reminds me of 70's 80's nfl films.

Totally. For a man with so, so many killer blocks in his time that video was a total injustice!