Doug Baldwin is this team's 2nd best all time WR

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
All respect to Daryl Turner, Sam McCollum, Paul Skansi, Brian Blades, Tommy Kane, Mike Pritchard, Joey Galloway, Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson, Bobby Engran, Golden Tate and the rest of the good WRs we've had over the years, I would take DB over every one of them.

That's all. Respect to DB for being all and more we could have ever asked of him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How the hell did Koren Robinson even get on that list? Unless it was a list for dropped passes.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Doug is a receiver that just brings his hard hat, his lunch pail and just gets to work, blue collar receiver. There isn't much not to like about Doug. There are receivers that did it for longer, for more yards, but I'm sure Doug will be in the conversation if he keeps going. Longevity has to do a lot more with this than most rankings.

Just look at Joey Gallaway, 5 years, more yards. Now if only we had a QB that could actually throw and see over his line, Doug might have that metric down.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
BullHawk33":2w4fx6v1 said:
Doug is a receiver that just brings his hard hat, his lunch pail and just gets to work, blue collar receiver. There isn't much not to like about Doug. There are receivers that did it for longer, for more yards, but I'm sure Doug will be in the conversation if he keeps going. Longevity has to do a lot more with this than most rankings.

Just look at Joey Gallaway, 5 years, more yards. Now if only we had a QB that could actually throw and see over his line, Doug might have that metric down.

I think you forgot the sarcasm note on that last part. At least I hope you did....

ivotuk

Reaction score
Amen Brother! That is an astute observation, and one that I have to agree with. If nothing else but for his contributions to this team. Between that, and his amazing, toe-tapping catches, I would have to agree.

I'd probably put Brian Blades 3rd. He was a good, but not great, receiver.

Good to hear from you Zeb. Long time no post in the main forum. :D

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's been the best we got since 2011, even though 2012 was kinda screwed up by injuries.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Throwdown":2503fonz said:
He's been the best we got since 2011, even though 2012 was kinda screwed up by injuries.

Ever see the picture of his mouth after Game 1 at AZ in 2012?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Basis4day":3b8v9y54 said:
Throwdown":3b8v9y54 said:

Ever see the picture of his mouth after Game 1 at AZ in 2012?

And the one of his collarbone, it was rough year for Douglas.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And he has one heck of a mentor in Largent.

themunn

Reaction score
There's nothing that ADB is bad at - the only thing that holds him back is targets, and there was a notable shift in the second half of last year in that regard.
I'm putting it out there that next year he'll break franchise records for yards and receptions, as well as his own for TDs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
themunn":3osn0uis said:
There's nothing that ADB is bad at - the only thing that holds him back is targets, and there was a notable shift in the second half of last year in that regard.
I'm putting it out there that next year he'll break franchise records for yards and receptions, as well as his own for TDs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lockett puts up better numbers then Baldwin next year.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
CPHawk":3uogtop5 said:
How the hell did Koren Robinson even get on that list? Unless it was a list for dropped passes.

I loved KRob. Had such high hopes for the dude. He may not have delivered as advertised but he hit every now and again.

I could have put Jeff Chadwick on the list. :)

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
ivotuk":3v91gwt7 said:
Amen Brother! That is an astute observation, and one that I have to agree with. If nothing else but for his contributions to this team. Between that, and his amazing, toe-tapping catches, I would have to agree.

I'd probably put Brian Blades 3rd. He was a good, but not great, receiver.

Good to hear from you Zeb. Long time no post in the main forum. :D

Thanks man. I usually leave the football talk to those who know more than I do (or know a lot less than they think they do, because that's also a lot of fun). I was just watching some DB highlights last night and got emotional.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
JSeahawks":iw4jnxwu said:
themunn":iw4jnxwu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lockett puts up better numbers then Baldwin next year.

Wouldn't surprise me either. In fact I'd be happier than a pig in shit if DB does what he normally does and No E excels because of it.