Bennett's Agent met with Seahawks about new deal

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Give that dude a few million, he manned up. Just cut the jumping offsides in half...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Not a huge surprise. He's certainly outplayed his current deal and the FO knows how much he means to the D. I expect something will get done. I also expect that will further anger Kam.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I guess you give him more. Hurts our depth in other places and could cost us a championship but players don't care. Just gotta get theirs.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Kam didn't need to hold out.....can't reward bad behavior.....Bennett manned up and showed up....case closed....if Kam wants more money, he needs to bounce back and outperform his contract and then hold out after we raise another title.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope it isn't too much. Maybe 1 extra year. Maybe a raise in guaranteed money. Maybe some added incentives.

Bennett is underpaid based on his production, but not based on the market. The market set his value. Twice.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":zym2rkn5 said:
I hope it isn't too much. Maybe 1 extra year. Maybe a raise in guaranteed money. Maybe some added incentives.

Bennett is underpaid based on his production, but not based on the market. The market set his value. Twice.

The first time his market was set, 2013, proves the NFL still has alot of stupid people (institutional racism + nepotism in their hiring practices most likely the cause). Why other teams weren't offering him legit years and dollars still astounds me.

Give him a bump, he's a leader.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kearly":3ileij11 said:

Not to mention he turned down more money from Chicago.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He has been dominant and one of the more underrated DL in the NFL. I would like to see us lock him up for the next 4 years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2kwccp6k said:
Wonder how Kam is feeling today after hearing this?

How should he feel? He played his worst year in 4 seasons. Maybe next time he will play the entire year, and prove he deserves more money. All he did this season, was prove he might be wearing down and he doesn't deserve a increase.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Forget Kam, this thread is about MB. Unlike Kam he showed up and played well never doing anything to let his team down. He displayed his value this last season but has been nothing but exceptional since being a Seahawks.

W/O any doubt Mike B deserves a raise, he's very seriously underpaid and extraordinarily important to the team. I'm sure he will understand the need for cap sensibility. Fair is fair, right is right.

edogg23

Reaction score
i would rather the Hawks wait another year, I hate redoing contracts with 2 years left.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
CPHawk":3omgnpu3 said:
Hawk_Nation":3omgnpu3 said:
Wonder how Kam is feeling today after hearing this?

How should he feel? He played his worst year in 4 seasons. Maybe next time he will play the entire year, and prove he deserves more money. All he did this season, was prove he might be wearing down and he doesn't deserve a increase.

To be honest he is lucky that he is not being asked to restructure for less. He is being paid at a top 3 SS, does he deserve that after this last season? Bennett's rate of pay for his position is twelfth. MB should get a pay increase and Kam can keep what he has. If KC has a stellar 2016 season maybe he gets rewarded next year, until that happens he has absolutely no leverage.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Good! He didn't hold out, played through injury and had a career year for us. Send a message to our players

Rob12

Reaction score
Hope MB can maximize his value here - he deserves it. Salary cap be damned. He's earned it.

Fade

Reaction score
Caving in to Marshawn was a waste of money, and set a bad precedent. Unless it's just a little bump that is incentive based we're talking about I wouldn't bother re-negotiating another deal, until the player has one year left going forward for this franchise.

It is hard enough dealing with all the players that are up for Free Agency, and the guys you want to extend with one year left. SOP around the league. Now having to deal with players that have 2+ years left on their deals is ridiculous. Every player will want to be a Special Snowflake, like Marshawn (and Bennett, Kam, etc. if their deals get re-worked.)

The Kam hold out was botched from the start by the front office, because PCJS were negotiating with him. It took Paul Allen stepping in, halting negotiations, and putting an end to the madness. Then a week later, surprise surprise Kam reported.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Fade":2w3cj5cb said:
Caving in to Marshawn was a waste of money, and set a bad precedent. Unless it's just a little bump that is incentive based we're talking about I wouldn't bother re-negotiating another deal, until the player has one year left going forward for this franchise.

It is hard enough dealing with all the players that are up for Free Agency, and the guys you want to extend with one year left. SOP around the league. Now having to deal with players that have 2+ years left on their deals is ridiculous. Every player will want to be a Special Snowflake, like Marshawn (and Bennett, Kam, etc. if their deals get re-worked.)

The Kam hold out was botched from the start by the front office, because PCJS were negotiating with him. It took Paul Allen stepping in, halting negotiations, and putting an end to the madness. Then a week later, surprise surprise Kam reported.

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time we did not know what we had in Rawls and ML is after all Beast Mode. If you feel our Super Bowl window is open then he was one of the major pieces to get us back there at that time. Kam is kinda the same way on the other side of the ball. One got paid and neither performed up to a premium contract last season.

Negotiating before contract is part of the culture of the NFL now. Like it or not. These guys are not the first nor the last to do this. Playing hardball with guys like this is not the answer.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Rob12":3ixjzmdm said:
Hope MB can maximize his value here - he deserves it. Salary cap be damned. He's earned it.
So you want him to get his money regardless of what it does to the team? That makes no sense. I want to win and will root for the team to succeed. To do that you don't damn the salary cap just to pay a guy more.