Your Top 5 Seahawk QB's of All-Time?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thanks to the Hasselbeck thread in the NFL section, I wanted to see what your personal Top 5 Seahawks quarterbacks list looks like. I'm sure most will have Russ at the top of the list, but curious to see who rounds out your Top 5.

For me it's pretty cut and dry:

1) Wilson - Won the first Superb Owl for us, probably should have 2 rings and is getting better and better with each season.

2) Hasselbeck - I can get the argument for Zorn being here, but to me.. Hasselbeck personified the turnaround for this franchise. Once he realized he wasn't Brett Favre and listened to what Holmgren was teaching him, he took off and nearly capped it off with a Super Bowl title and probable Super Bowl MVP if... you know... Jerome Bettis wasn't from Detroit. :|

3) Zorn - The O.G. Seahawk QB .. I place him above Krieg because he didn't have fumbleitis.

4) Krieg - Kind of a default Top 4 guy considering the history of the franchise .. I feel like Krieg was Hasselbeck lite for this team.. the games he was on he was incredible, but the games he was off.. yikes.

5) Moon - Would have been really interesting if Moon played his whole career in Seattle, unfortunately we got him when he was 41 years old.. but he put together a very solid year going 7-7 as a starter and throwing for nearly 3700 yards and 25 TD. Moon would have probably been the best QB in franchise history if he played his entire time here, but alas.. we were not fortunate enough for that.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wilson
Hasselbeck
Krieg
Kitna
Moon

(Zorn should be in their somewhere but he was before my time so I'm not putting him in. If I did it would probably be between kreig and kitna)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2g4b7o75 said:
Wilson
Hasselbeck
Krieg
Kitna
Moon

(Zorn should be in their somewhere but he was before my time so I'm not putting him in. If I did it would probably be between kreig and kitna)
I'll go with JS on this one.Zorn wasn't before my time and you didn't miss anything with him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
IndyHawk":xxgpzwr9 said:
JSeahawks":xxgpzwr9 said:
Wilson
Hasselbeck
Krieg
Kitna
Moon

I'll go with JS on this one.Zorn wasn't before my time and you didn't miss anything with him.

Krieg over Zorn and it isn't close.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you never watched Zorn then dismissing him is criminal, he played when there was no team, he survived the first few years and that is saying a whole lot. Patera was a defensive coach, that's where we grew first, also the trick plays we ran were to offset some of the issues we had.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":1hlcian9 said:
If you never watched Zorn then dismissing him is criminal, he played when there was no team, he survived the first few years and that is saying a whole lot. Patera was a defensive coach, that's where we grew first, also the trick plays we ran were to offset some of the issues we had.

I was going to say he played on some sorry teams, but it still isn't close. Zorn was a pretty dang good athlete and a decent qb, but not as good as Krieg.

shawnsim

Reaction score
chris98251":2p8xqiaa said:
Mirer

Gelbaugh

Freize

Stouffer

McGwire

Okay, that's hilarious. I did like Friesze though.

Mine would have to be....

1. Wilson.

2. Hasselbeck.

3. Krieg.

4. Zorn.

5. Kitna.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Wilson (If you don't agree then I assume you hate winning)
Hasselbeck (first franchise superbowl, many franchise records, Starting QB for 10 years out of 40.)
Kreig (First championship game, road playoff win, cool nickname "Mudbone.")
Zorn (Original Franchise QB, Largent's best friend, QB coach for Hasselbeck.)
Mirer (Decent Rookie year, Starter for three plus seaons, Garnered two first round picks upon trade)

Vetamur

Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. Hass
3. Zorn
4. Krieg
5. Kitna

Moon gets honorable mention but a season and a half doesnt get you any more than that.

Shout out also to Sam Adkins, one of just 2 Seahawk players to wear the #12 in a game before it was retired for the fans. (bonus points if you you know who the other one was!)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wilson, Hasselbeck, Krieg, Zorn, Kitna (Moon honorable mention, would have been higher had he played his career here).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":nrpuqapd said:
chris98251":nrpuqapd said:

I was going to say he played on some sorry teams, but it still isn't close. Zorn was a pretty dang good athlete and a decent qb, but not as good as Krieg.
To be fair I was a kid watching him play so maybe I'm harder on him than needs to be but he made me so damn mad at times with the happy feet and silly turnovers.The trick plays he executed well.The teams then were bad but it does start with the head coach and QB does it not?DK when he took over my stress levels went way down,I think that is the best way to describe the difference between the two.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1z9z36he said:
Smellyman":1z9z36he said:
chris98251":1z9z36he said:

To be fair I was a kid watching him play so maybe I'm harder on him than needs to be but he made me so damn mad at times with the happy feet and silly turnovers.The trick plays he executed well.The teams then were bad but it does start with the head coach and QB does it not?DK when he took over my stress levels went way down,I think that is the best way to describe the difference between the two.

Well you also have to remember when David took over so did Chuck Knox.................

Latest posts